There are 163 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
you guys are seriously still doubting this coaching staff????

lmao, give it time, we don't need jenkins to be a star immediately
Before the game they showed a tweet from Jenkins in the news ticker along the bottom:

AJ Jenkins‏@17AJJenkins " The only way to make it to the top is getting it from the bottom" #49ersfaithful @49ers #gameday

I didn't notice him specifically on the field today but last week v. GB he was in on some key plays.
The first TD where Kap scrambled had Jenkins on the right of the formation running a crossing pattern. Kap ran past him for the score.
The passingTD to Crabs on the crossing pattern after the muffed punt had Jenkins on the outside of Crabs and running a route that took a defender to the corner

He is buried on the depth chart but he hasn't quit or become a cancer. Ideal production year 1? No way...panic mode? Nope.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

They will make mistakes. Akers and Jacobs come to mind.
he is going to catch the game winning TD in the SB...book it!
Originally posted by jreff22:

Akers was a stud last year.

And if their mistake is a 5 string rb i am cool with them.
Originally posted by diablo:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Akers was a stud last year.

And if their mistake is a 5 string rb i am cool with them.

Akers shoulve been cut weeks ago and once Jacobs opened his mouth he needed to be cut
dont write jenkins off yet---players usually improve alot between that rookie season and their 2nd year...
for those who remember the tight end wesly walls, he struggled early in his career and then when niners let him go became a probowl tight end
If Kendall Hunter never got hurt, LMJ probably would have wound up in street clothes for all 18 games too, does that mean he would have been a sucky player? I think clearly we see he is indeed a good football player, we just weren't gonna play him his rookie year unless we were forced to, which we were. We're not as desperate for Jenkins because even with Manningham and Williams' injuries, we still have plenty of eligible candidates to fill the 5 skill position slots between Crabtree, Vernon, Gore/James, Miller, Walker, Moss, Celek, Ginn, and extra OL packages. Without Hunter, Dixon would have been our only option to spell Gore, so we HAD to play James. Maybe if we truly had to play Jenkins, he'd show promise as well (let's not overreact to the one drop, I'm sure there's plenty of guys who dropped their first NFL pass and still wound up panning out real nicely). And even if not, it still doesn't mean that much in terms of being a predictor of future performance. Plenty of great players didn't give their team anything in their rookie year, even guys on our team like Bowman, Goldson, Boone, Brooks, etc.
[ Edited by kap2crab on Jan 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
What exactly seems to be the problem with Jenkins? He doesn't know the playbook? He can't catch? He has a bad attitude? I mean what the hell seems to be the f**king problem?
Originally posted by mayo49:
What exactly seems to be the problem with Jenkins? He doesn't know the playbook? He can't catch? He has a bad attitude? I mean what the hell seems to be the f**king problem?

Dude relax. Most WRs suck hard their first year or two or three in the league. Last I checked everyone one here was saying get rid of Crabtree a year ago. We are too quick to judge these players. Give him time.

Originally posted by kap2crab:
If Kendall Hunter never got hurt, LMJ probably would have wound up in street clothes for all 18 games too, does that mean he would have been a sucky player? I think clearly we see he is indeed a good football player, we just weren't gonna play him his rookie year unless we were forced to, which we were. We're not as desperate for Jenkins because even with Manningham and Williams' injuries, we still have plenty of eligible candidates to fill the 5 skill position slots between Crabtree, Vernon, Gore/James, Miller, Walker, Moss, Celek, Ginn, and extra OL packages. Without Hunter, Dixon would have been our only option to spell Gore, so we HAD to play James. Maybe if we truly had to play Jenkins, he'd show promise as well (let's not overreact to the one drop, I'm sure there's plenty of guys who dropped their first NFL pass and still wound up panning out real nicely). And even if not, it still doesn't mean that much in terms of being a predictor of future performance. Plenty of great players didn't give their team anything in their rookie year, even guys on our team like Bowman, Goldson, Boone, Brooks, etc.

This logic sucks. James got a chance because of injury and ran with it. Jenkins has had opportunities with Manningham and Williams being injured and got beat out by a street free agent. Meanwhile guys like Randle and Hill were actively contributing to their teams.

If Jenkins was worth a damn right now, he'd be in there instead of a guy off the street. To claim otherwise is ridiculous.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Dude relax. Most WRs suck hard their first year or two or three in the league. Last I checked everyone one here was saying get rid of Crabtree a year ago. We are too quick to judge these players. Give him time.

First off, you f**king relax. Just need some contribution from the kid.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 21, 2013 at 12:37 AM ]
There is no way Jenkins is NOT a bust if he is getting passed over for Chad Hall.
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
There is no way Jenkins is NOT a bust if he is getting passed over for Chad Hall.

Dashon Goldson couldn't beat out Mark freakin' Roman his first 2 years in the league. BUST.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:

Dashon Goldson couldn't beat out Mark freakin' Roman his first 2 years in the league. BUST.

Roman was a starter from the get go....Hall was on the PS
Share 49ersWebzone