There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Originally posted by SJniner7:
breakout game against ATL, book it!

Crabs is going to see double and triple coverage and VD will draw both safeties. Jenkins and Moss will get hit on the short to intermediate routes.

Not to mention someone will probably stay in to spy CK. There should be a lot of single coverage opportunities for guys not named Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Pro footballs weekly scouting report had this as his negatives:
Physicality leaves something to be desired, imature, inconsistant intensity and work habits. I hope this isn't true.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Crabs is going to see double and triple coverage and VD will draw both safeties. Jenkins and Moss will get hit on the short to intermediate routes.

Not to mention someone will probably stay in to spy CK. There should be a lot of single coverage opportunities for guys not named Vernon Davis and Michael Crabtree.

LOL. people have been "booking it" since he got into the rotation.
please aj just show me a little promise next sunday
Never heard of him
LOL maybe before labeling this kid a bust we should wait to pass judgement till he has been targeted more then once in his career.
Last nights game was a bit of a whirlwind for me. Did he even get a pass thrown to him? I really can't recall lol.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Last nights game was a bit of a whirlwind for me. Did he even get a pass thrown to him? I really can't recall lol.
no i believe his reception/target stats are still officially 0/1
If Crabtree can continue to play the way hes played the past month, as we saw last night, I think he along with Moss and Davis will be enough to get us past ATL and whoever we face in the SB. Would add Walker to that list but he needs to start catching the f**kin ball first before we can rely on him. If our running game is on and Kap is able to get the holes/lanes to run through like we saw yesterday, that should only diminish the need of having a good #3 WR and having to rely on Ginn and or Jenkins to make plays.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Ginn and Walker and James all lined up at WR, Jenkins must really suck. It looks like we will need to draft a Wr in one of the early rounds or sign a Vet. Outside of Crabs what do we have. 2 retuning injured players, Moss and Ginn gone during the off season and Jenkins.

With all of our picks, i can easily see us drafting two wr's and bringing in a bunch more UDFA to compete in camp like we did this past offseason.

Agree - I've said in probably 10 threads in the past month.

We essentially only have 1 proven WR under contract for next year, Crabtree.

Manningham - injury prone role player who is due $4M in non-guaranteed money, coming off of a ACL and PCL tear. Probably going to spend the first 6 weeks on the PUP list

Kyle Williams - Coming off a torn ACL, saw tweet from him a week or 2 ago that he is already running or WILL run by the end of January, but he'll probably be used sparingly at the beginning of the season

AJ Jenkins - All I've seen from this kid is that he is a good blocker lol. We have NO IDEA what he is and I will be disappointed if he doesn't play with the 1st team in preseason and show up big time let alone actually produce in the playoffs this year.

Randy Moss - Free Agent - Clearly a huge positive from a leadership and mentorship point of view but he's 35 and might ride off into the sunset should we win and maybe even if we lose. I could see a future that he comes back though.

Ted Ginn - Free Agent - Marginal punt returner this season and lost his kick return duties because Harbaugh can't justify keeping LMJ on the bench during kickoffs any more. He has 3 catches for 5 yards including yesterday - I can not see a future that involves us re-signing Ginn unless he does something huge in the next 1 - 2 games.

Expect us to draft 2 WRs as either BPA or round 3 or later and load up on enough UDFA bodies to field probably a healthy competition of 3 - 5 players to compete.

Yea. IMO the only WR's that will be back are Crabs, Manningham, KW, and Jenkins.

Moss will retire if we win a superbowl, and if we dont, i could maybe see a scenerio where he comes back to compete.

KW has one more year on his contract. I really like the falshes he showed, but he certainly could be upgraded. Manningham is just too injury prone to put all our eggs in that basket as the #2.

I fully expect a healthy group of rookies to be brought in this offseason.
I don't know if Manningham will be back or not after the injury and the money he may be let go (injury settlement)
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Davis should have a huge game the Seahags TE killed Atlanta. As for Jenkins you cannot have a break out game on the bench and that is were he will be most of the game as the staff doesn"t believe in him.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Davis should have a huge game the Seahags TE killed Atlanta. As for Jenkins you cannot have a break out game on the bench and that is were he will be most of the game as the staff doesn"t believe in him.

The Falcons have a tough choice on their hands. Do you double Vernon or commit a full time scout to Kaepernick? Tough to do both :)
Who?
aj lenkins?

sounds familiar.
Originally posted by pete98146:
The Falcons have a tough choice on their hands. Do you double Vernon or commit a full time scout to Kaepernick? Tough to do both :)

I'm really interested to see what kind of defense they are going to play. The only thing that worries me about the Falcons is matching up with their receivers. I think we should be able to contain Tony Gonzalez, or at least do a better job than what most teams do. Their run game should be held in check. If we play mistake free ball, we should be able to win handily.