Originally posted by bzborow1:
Should be. This team needs depth and so far this draft hasn't produced any "high-potentials" and only LMJ with marginal contributions.
Well so far Jenkins has been the absolute definition of depth. He's on the active roster. I don't understand what you're saying. So he no longer has "high-potential" because he hasn't played? I might be more worried if he was still inactive at this point.
James was put into action before he was ready and is not playing very well. He's not playing bad, but you can tell he's not ready and that the game is still too fast for him. Having said that though, when he was needed he played and I believe they will do the same with Jenkins if they absolutely have to. I think they are worried about playing him before he's ready and they don't want to risk any long term injuries if he doesn't have the mass to withstand the pounding that NFL WR take. Not to mention they dont want to destroy his confidence before he even has a chance to be successful.
We'll see what happens, but I see no reason to panic. Yes we could use another player especially at WR but the fact that he hasn't played doesn't mean he's not going to be a good player. The WR position is a tough transition from college to the NFL. Look at Crabtree, Blackmon, Floyd, etc. And those guys weren't expected to need much developmental time.