LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 423 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I'd like williams gone, but he's really the only guy outside of Ginn I sort of trust to be the punt man. Maybe LM will take over punt duties one day. I like nathan palmer a lot glad we got him on P.S. Big Fast Target, hopefully coach's can get the most out of that man. I think that's a reason why we didn't take Hill, because Trent thought we could get a raw guy with size and speed after the draft. Moss will stay unless he get's a ring, than he will hang it up for good. Delanie can walk, He gets open and does block well, but he's got the drops, and when you force Alex to throw a pick, by hitting it back up in the air, with woodson right by, you can go. I think will try and keep Moss, Tag Goldson this offseason, resign Issac, and RJF, hopefully Larry Grant. That way we have more room to take the BPA and don't get forced into taking a saftey like taylor mays again. We can than Groom the saftey give him reps, build up the kids ego, and not hurt the back half of the defense by forcing a rookie in.

LaMichael was awful at PR in preseason. He's worse than Williams.....
Originally posted by jreff22:
I'd like williams gone, but he's really the only guy outside of Ginn I sort of trust to be the punt man. Maybe LM will take over punt duties one day. I like nathan palmer a lot glad we got him on P.S. Big Fast Target, hopefully coach's can get the most out of that man. I think that's a reason why we didn't take Hill, because Trent thought we could get a raw guy with size and speed after the draft. Moss will stay unless he get's a ring, than he will hang it up for good. Delanie can walk, He gets open and does block well, but he's got the drops, and when you force Alex to throw a pick, by hitting it back up in the air, with woodson right by, you can go. I think will try and keep Moss, Tag Goldson this offseason, resign Issac, and RJF, hopefully Larry Grant. That way we have more room to take the BPA and don't get forced into taking a saftey like taylor mays again. We can than Groom the saftey give him reps, build up the kids ego, and not hurt the back half of the defense by forcing a rookie in.
Financially impossible
The cap will increase next season I thought? Also, thanks to Cowgirls, and Forskins we got extra money towards our cap we could us this year or next, did we already use it??? The players we need to keep are RJF, Grant, Moss, and Goldson. Were not going to pay goldson 10 million a season, let another team pay that. But we could keep keep taggin him, how much will his contract increase if we do it again? 8 million max or something around that. I don't want to see 10 other guys suffer on defense because a rookie blows it. Keeping goldson under the tag, will give us the chance to work him in like Aldon, also if goldson gets injured than it's all good we already got a backup plan. Were's our cap guy! Were going to cut Parys, 2.5 is to much, and we can extend justin smith's too that will decrease his cap hit this season and we should sign him long as he thinks he wants to keep playing, his game is based on power, so he shouldn't slow down like a speed guy.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

LaMichael was awful at PR in preseason. He's worse than Williams.....

I fully agreed he look horrible. Than again that was his version of training camp, A.J sucked but got it figured out by preseason. Even due to last season lock out, we can use Colin kaep, as another example, he looked horrible too, but preseason was basically his camp. He comes out this year and blows it up. Very few people can miss camp like craptree and come out in beast mode. Thanks to camp, Crabtree and Alex look good, and finally on the same page. Looks like he's going to have his best year and get 1000 yards!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM ]
The cap will increase next season I thought? Also, thanks to Cowgirls, and Forskins we got extra money towards our cap we could us this year or next, did we already use it??? The players we need to keep are RJF, Grant, Moss, and Goldson. Were not going to pay goldson 10 million a season, let another team pay that. But we could keep keep taggin him, how much will his contract increase if we do it again? 8 million max or something around that. I don't want to see 10 other guys suffer on defense because a rookie blows it. Keeping goldson under the tag, will give us the chance to work him in like Aldon, also if goldson gets injured than it's all good we already got a backup plan. Were's our cap guy!

The cap will go up slightly, nothing big.

From AB, Right now around 3.5M, but that includes some extra money added on, namely the uncapped year violation credit from the Cowboys and Redskins, plus a $121M cap, could be more, I hope at least 123M.

So we have less than 5 million. The rookie class alone will cost over 2 million. Tagging Goldson would be well over 7 so we don't even have enough now to tag him. Add in Ice and RJF, again its impossible.

Even with reworked contracts we cant afford a "new" contract over 4 million in 2013-14. The only way to keep Goldson is to have a contract in place and back load the hell out of it.
I hope they let AJ play a little in this game.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

If we have room for him to be active and we might with Ginn and Jacobs possibly not going it would be nice to see him at least get a jetsweep or reverse...let him show off his quickness. Might be best to let him see the field at home and not in a hostile road environment. I think by the later games and against the easier teams like Dolphins and Rams he'll get more of a chance to show his stuff.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
The cap will increase next season I thought? Also, thanks to Cowgirls, and Forskins we got extra money towards our cap we could us this year or next, did we already use it??? The players we need to keep are RJF, Grant, Moss, and Goldson. Were not going to pay goldson 10 million a season, let another team pay that. But we could keep keep taggin him, how much will his contract increase if we do it again? 8 million max or something around that. I don't want to see 10 other guys suffer on defense because a rookie blows it. Keeping goldson under the tag, will give us the chance to work him in like Aldon, also if goldson gets injured than it's all good we already got a backup plan. Were's our cap guy!

The cap will go up slightly, nothing big.

From AB, Right now around 3.5M, but that includes some extra money added on, namely the uncapped year violation credit from the Cowboys and Redskins, plus a $121M cap, could be more, I hope at least 123M.

So we have less than 5 million. The rookie class alone will cost over 2 million. Tagging Goldson would be well over 7 so we don't even have enough now to tag him. Add in Ice and RJF, again its impossible.

Even with reworked contracts we cant afford a "new" contract over 4 million in 2013-14. The only way to keep Goldson is to have a contract in place and back load the hell out of it.

Okay I'm looking up the cap numbers now. We cared over 16.5 from last season cap is what it says, that's were the money must have came from. That's how we could resign everyone and give willis 17 million. I ran the numbers from ninercaphell. 119,031,161. Yeah not going to tag goldson We really have to rework some deals to pull that off. All these guys make Million or more and contracts end after 2013 season is played. Justin's 8.5 million, Goodwin's 5 million, Whitner 4.8 million, Mario 4.9 million, Akers 3.6 million Parys 2.8 bye bye parys, and T Brown will be 1.9 million.

On the plus side for everyone signed from 2014 (28 Players) on were at 85,400,455. So we can rework and extend some deals from the 2013 season, and take a bigger hit in 2014. In addition, I'm also ok with giving Bowman a payday, we can just front load the s**t out of it.lol
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Sep 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM ]
AJ better pan out, cause Stephen Hill and Alshon Jeffery (both drafted after AJ) already had some good games. Hopefully AJ can get in on some plays this year and help the 49ers get to the SB and win it (cause AGAIN, I doubt Ginn or KW will do anything significant this season LOL).
[ Edited by MrTruth on Sep 14, 2012 at 12:21 PM ]
Originally posted by MrTruth:
AJ better pan out, cause Stephen Hill and Alshon Jeffery (both drafted after AJ) already had some good games. Hopefully AJ can get in on some plays this year and help the 49ers get to the SB and win it (cause AGAIN, I doubt Ginn or KW will do anything significant this season LOL).

Still don't think we even need Jenkins to be special... just solid... but I hear ya. Can't help but to feel the pangs of regret when I see Hill and Jeffery play. Even if "just solid", our strength and direction won't be badly affected by the pick of Jenkins. We are too strong now to suffer much from a blown pick here and there... but too many of them can add up and be trouble for the future.
Does Jeffery still have man titties?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Yeah, If they don't let AJ does plays in this game then He won't get improve his experience for plays games.. So We need him should in plays this games and plays more when let him take time that he will get better how delevop his smart plays and his used plays games..

^^^^ Yeah... What he said
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Sep 15, 2012 at 8:43 PM ]
Originally posted by MrTruth:

Are you from the future? I saw That Hill and Alshon had A good game, though, seeing as how Hills only played one game and Alshon had a catch for 7 yards on Thursday, it's a bit premature to say they've had some good games.
[ Edited by kush on Sep 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM ]
Blown picks.... Man NT has gone straight up crazy. Victor Cruz had 0 yards as a rookie. Then 1,500. Jerry Rice struggled catching the ball his rookie year. Vernon Davis coudn't catch a thing as a rookie and didn't know what a proper route looked like if your drew it up.

It took Alex Smith about 7 years to be decent....

My goodness is this an impatient fan base. The guy actually looked better and better and better in preseason. Completely lost and useless in the first game. Better each game. Until he was showing some separation ability, speed, excellent hands, good routes. Honestly he looked explosive fast at everything he does. IMO LATE in the preseason (not early) you could see a lot of upside with speed and hands.

We have Randy Moss, Michael Crabtree finally healthy, Mario Manningham and still VD at TE. Plus KW is looking pretty good at WR too and has some experience and more time in they system. We had a catastrophic weakness. We upgraded. This guy is a ROOKIE. He's on a much better team than Hill. The WR corps is much deeper. He's not going to get much time. But that doesn't mean he is bad. IMO he looked good late in the preseason.

Do these guys understand football at all?.....
not worried about jenkins at all, he'll be a beast for us when they need him to play. this year we have the luxury of having a deep WR corps for the first time since JR and T.O. were on the team so we can let this dude learn. we have randy f**kin moss! sitting and learning behind him is probably better than playing his rookie year anyway but like i said, when they think they need to play him he'll play. i wanna see him play too but if they dont think he can contribute right now they know better than we do
oh noez, baalke pickd thuh rong playaz. Bad Balky.
Share 49ersWebzone