LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm not scared. Means we've got some serious depth and talent if our 1st rounder (30th overall, not like he's a top5 or top10 player) is not starting. Give him time. Next year I think our WR core will look completely different again and Jenkins will get his true chance then. I like not starting or playing rookies much their first season (unless they're Aldon Smith, top10 pick though). Give them time to adjust and learn the game at the pro level.

That being said, I hope Jenkins' time is limited this season, as well as James' and the rest of our rooks. Go Niners!
Where was AJ Jenkins today? This team is so deep that none of our rookies are contributing.
Originally posted by calbear:
Where was AJ Jenkins today? This team is so deep that none of our rookies are contributing.

inactive
Here's hoping we clinch homefield throughout early so that both James and Jenkins can get some playing time this season.
No AJ? This GM is clueless. Baalke sucks. Harbaugh doesn't even know what he's doing. They are ruining this team....What a wasted pick..
we aren't even using vernon davis anymore...our best player...why on earth would we need jenkins?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
if Jenkins is not stepping up right now is it a valid concern to think he was a bad draft pick ?
Originally posted by susweel:
if Jenkins is not stepping up right now is it a valid concern to think he was a bad draft pick ?

Not yet. But its valid to be concerned though.

I wouldnt be, considering that we dont even use VD anymore. Crabtree, Manningham and Delanie are the only ones that see balls right now. Dont know why its just the way it is. I cant remember which Matt it was but after they reviewed the film they said Jenkins was getting open
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
No AJ? This GM is clueless. Baalke sucks. Harbaugh doesn't even know what he's doing. They are ruining this team....What a wasted pick..

Baalke did good job that draft A.Smith "#99".. he is work hard and study a lot.. You need be patience for AJ to keep process times.. The 49ers offense is having good plenty time and good team.. Don't worry it. bro..

Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

I wouldnt be, considering that we dont even use VD anymore. Crabtree, Manningham and Delanie are the only ones that see balls right now. Dont know why its just the way it is. I cant remember which Matt it was but after they reviewed the film they said Jenkins was getting open
Wr's tend to take a longer time to develop. Some come out right away and play well but some teams also need them to right away as well. Harbs and Baalke first draft was fantastic. We have really only seen L. James from this draft because out team is so deep. Wr was a shaky position for us last year. I would think the biggest thing going against Jenkins right now is whether or not he can block. I have no idea how well he is at this, but our offense requires the wr's to be very physical and in the right position ready to make a block. Bringing him up slower is ok with me.

I would like to see his speed on the field though. They didn't connect much in the preseason, but I remember them trying to go deep to Jenkins with Kaep throwing the ball.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Baalke did good job that draft A.Smith "#99".. he is work hard and study a lot.. You need be patience for AJ to keep process times.. The 49ers offense is having good plenty time and good team.. Don't worry it. bro..

My BuZzB doot! Been where at you?!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

I just check around here sometimebut i alway watch the 49ers on each sunday night.. can't wait..
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

I just check around here sometimebut i alway watch the 49ers on each sunday night.. can't wait..

same here!
Share 49ersWebzone