There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jacobs caravan

He looked impressive. Would like to see him against a first team defense though.
So far so good, stay healthy, run straight, protect the ball, get the first......championship!!!!!
Beast mode baby. I like what he brings to the table. He will realy be able to soften the d. Then frank will put them to sleep. Then lmj will put the nail in th coffin. Its gonna be a huge year if all our backs if they stay healthy. Oh yeah and we can't forget about hunter. God we are stacked.
[ Edited by bluecoller49ninerfan on Aug 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM ]
Come playoff time, Jacobs will continue to run people over.
He looked good and fit. We will have to make a tough decision at RB. Dixon is gone for sure, but after that, can we keep Gore, Hunter, Jacobs and LMJ? Also, we have Cartwright, but he is there for special teams obviously. A lot of talent in that backfield.
my dislike of Brandon Jacobs has lifted slightly............... he looked good.
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
I did see him dance just a little bit(small hesitation)though. He did look good and precise on that breakaway run, but on the early short yardage first downs he danced alittle bit. Yes he has nimble feet, but i would rather have him run downhill like a bowling ball like back in the day on those short yardage situations more often.

I didn't see any dancing. But anyway I think Rathman is probably the best RB coach to stay on Jacobs about keeping his shoulders squared running between the tackles.
[ Edited by SFrush on Aug 11, 2012 at 4:20 PM ]
"Brandon Jacobs has a unique way of talking about opposing teams, let's put it that way," Cruz said. "Now that he's out of here, I'm almost scared of what he'll say now." http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ex-giants-running-back-brandon-jacobs-rips-ny-jets-a-circus-tired-hearing-mark-sanchez-tim-tebow-article-1.1137761#ixzz23kC9ZYh6
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
"Brandon Jacobs has a unique way of talking about opposing teams, let's put it that way," Cruz said. "Now that he's out of here, I'm almost scared of what he'll say now." http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ex-giants-running-back-brandon-jacobs-rips-ny-jets-a-circus-tired-hearing-mark-sanchez-tim-tebow-article-1.1137761#ixzz23kC9ZYh6

make me wonder if he will feel the rivalry between the nfc west vs the 49ers.
Jacobs is in a camp that preaches team first with all football business in mind... Then he sees or hear what's going on over the Jets' camp. 'What a joke' is what he's thinking and trying to say as much.
Knee injury seemed to look bad as he was helped off the field. Hoping for the best though.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Knee injury seemed to look bad as he was helped off the field. Hoping for the best though.

They were saying MCL, I think.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

Looked like a deep thigh bruise. A good one can keep you from stretching or flexing that muscle for a couple of weeks. I had a good one and didn't get full muscle mobility for a month. Sort of get a knot in there.
Let's hope it's just that. Didn't look like he got hit on the knee.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
i hope we get him back soon. do not want dixon.
[ Edited by THEB on Aug 18, 2012 at 6:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:

Looked like a deep thigh bruise. A good one can keep you from stretching or flexing that muscle for a couple of weeks. I had a good one and didn't get full muscle mobility for a month. Sort of get a knot in there.
Let's hope it's just that. Didn't look like he got hit on the knee.

Yeah that's what I thought it was too when I saw it (my ghetto term I know it as is getting dead legged) but they were pointing and feeling around the inside of his knee.