LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs caravan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
You guys are so critical.

He doesn't look like Brandon Jacobs from last year, that's for sure.
Looks totally invigorated.

He he stays on course we will have an array of offensive weapons that will be hell to game plan for.
Jacobs found the right team and the right coach in Rathman if he wants to regain his running style. Rathman when he played, most often rams people more than trying to go around them which he can also do. Jacobs has similar style.
Great showing by Brandon last night, looks lean and powerful and dedicated.
After watching last nights game it became apparent to me that despite all the additions at WR, we'll probably run the ball even more than last year.

There are just so many options at RB for us. Gore, Hunter, James, Jacobs, Cartwright.

I see us giving carries to all 5 of those guys in any given game.
I was shocked by his speed around the edge on one of his runs. He runs around the right tackle and blew past the safety. Haven't seem him move like that in a while.
I think it was/is a battle between Cartwright and Dixon.

And Cartwright is winning.

The rest of the rb depth chart is pretty much set.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
After watching last nights game it became apparent to me that despite all the additions at WR, we'll probably run the ball even more than last year.

There are just so many options at RB for us. Gore, Hunter, James, Jacobs, Cartwright.

Maybe however this might be a clever misdirection by Harbaugh. He might want the rest of the league to think they are a run first team and then when the regular season comes around they could use a totally different game plan. I wouldn't put it past Harbaugh to have something like that up his sleeve.
Originally posted by BayArea:

Maybe however this might be a clever misdirection by Harbaugh. He might want the rest of the league to think they are a run first team and then when the regular season comes around they could use a totally different game plan. I wouldn't put it past Harbaugh to have something like that up his sleeve.

You could be right but there's probably better talent at RB than WR.

Jacobs is definitely taking Dixon's job. I like boobie, but I do not see him making the team.
Originally posted by BayArea:

Harbaugh is a smart coach, we will be a BALANCED attack this year, those are the absolute best kind of offenses because the defenses cannot know what is coming. Just watch, I bet we are a balanced offense, and we will be effective.
You could be right but there's probably better talent at RB than WR.

Yeah you are right about that. I just meant they will probably be a bit more balanced like the guy above said. That first drive by Alex was almost exclusively run oriented. I think we will see more short passes mixed in there.

Would be hard to defend against a team that has a powerful running game and a powerful passing game.
He looked youngry last night
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
He looked youngry last night

The Bus..... v2
Share 49ersWebzone