There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick?

Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick?

Originally posted by mike:
I'd hope the guy we moved up for in the 2nd would be better than a guy who spent 3 years as a backup and who we signed off of the street. But who knows.

You never know and I agree with you...but see Matt Flynn. Backup to hero in one 600 yard game.
Tolzien is practice squad elgilble. I actually like all three backups. The only one that gets cut is JJ as CK has trade value, I hope. I just have this feeling that CK gets traded and JJ and Tolzien battle it out for backup. No I am not a CK hater, I just wonder if he is a WCO QB.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
Tolzien is practice squad elgilble. I actually like all three backups. The only one that gets cut is JJ as CK has trade value, I hope. I just have this feeling that CK gets traded and JJ and Tolzien battle it out for backup. No I am not a CK hater, I just wonder if he is a WCO QB.
maybe that is the reason why they got johnson in the first place,, cuz they have doubts about CK
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
maybe that is the reason why they got johnson in the first place,, cuz they have doubts about CK

or they want a good look at jj, just incase they want to save on alot of money and not have alex on the roster next year......so if ck shows he is ready behind the scenes, then they would have a backup that knows the system locked up for the 2013 season.
It wouldn't surpise me to see Josh Johnson ahead of Kaep. Kaep just looked completely lost last year. I hope he has more of a clue this season. All he wanted to do was run and had no idea where to go with the ball.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It wouldn't surpise me to see Josh Johnson ahead of Kaep. Kaep just looked completely lost last year. I hope he has more of a clue this season. All he wanted to do was run and had no idea where to go with the ball.

aaaahh, u should watch his footage again then....(but of course you'd ignore his regular season passes.......besides he had a better qb rating than alex in the preseason.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

aaaahh, u should watch his footage again then....(but of course you'd ignore his regular season passes.......besides he had a better qb rating than alex in the preseason.

He was one of the worst QB's I've ever seen in the preseason. Running into the RB on handoffs.

He was one of the worst QB's I've ever seen in the preseason. Running into the RB on handoffs.
so what does that say about alex? or our offense in general at the time.....again he looked much improved during the regular season....and as far as worst qb's u've seen? weren't u watching 9er games of alex early in his career? forget preseason...lol, what about regular season.

so what does that say about alex? or our offense in general at the time.....again he looked much improved during the regular season....and as far as worst qb's u've seen? weren't u watching 9er games of alex early in his career? forget preseason...lol, what about regular season.

Alex had the best year of his career by far. And was the most functional I've ever seen him. He's light years ahead of Kaep. And it's not even close. Kaep just wanted to take off and run on every play. And it looks like the NFL speed caught up to him a bit. Because he wasn't as explosive as he was at Nevada. His accuracy is not there. Reading the field is definitely not there. He doesn't read it at all. If it's not the first guy he wants to take off and run. In no way ready to be an NFL starter.

No question Alex coming off his best year with 2 years in the same system for the first time ever can and will be better. I'm not seeing it with Kaep but he is a good athlete. If he ever becomes something it will take some years.

Check the thread title for subject. Not every thread is a Moan About Alex Smith thread.
CK , will not be cut or traded.I personally believe JJ been brought in to compete for 3rd string. Lets look at the reality of the situation, We moved up in draft to get CK not for an immediate starting position , but for the future of this franchise.All this talk about him being lost , let me tell you most rookies were lost with out any preseason camp. Lets wait and see how much improvement he has made from this season from last season. For all the JJ fans he really hasn't done any thing with his years in the NFL. So i see it being CK ahead because this franchise drafted him.
Let the best one play Im not partial to either one..
Originally posted by English:

Check the thread title for subject. Not every thread is a Moan About Alex Smith thread.

moan? are you posting as a mod or as a regular poster? sd brought up the preseason, i reminded him that it wasn't just kaep that looked out of sync...our whole offense did. our starter improved his play in the regular season and our backup did as well, with the little time he had a chance to show.
Originally posted by English:

moan? are you posting as a mod or as a regular poster? sd brought up the preseason, i reminded him that it wasn't just kaep that looked out of sync...our whole offense did. our starter improved his play in the regular season and our backup did as well, with the little time he had a chance to show.

I am posting as a mod. And you were the one who brought Smith into the discussion.
we haven't seen enough of either to make this decision.