There are 154 users in the forums

Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Josh Johnson or Colin Kaepernick?

If Josh Johnson becomes named the #2 QB in 2012 it will really give me doubts on what we are going to be doing with kaepernick and what the front office thinks of him.
Originally posted by English:
Check the thread title for subject. Not every thread is a Moan About Alex Smith thread.

Where is the Alex Smith option?
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Check the thread title for subject. Not every thread is a Moan About Alex Smith thread.

Cuz Alex is the #2 duh
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Originally posted by Howlett49:

Cuz Alex is the #2 duh

I know, huh!? WTF!?
Hopefully we are not even debating these two come the start of the season and Kapernick is a clear cut number 2 and pushing Alex Smith hard for the starting role.
i think josh will win the backup job.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
so what does that say about alex? or our offense in general at the time.....again he looked much improved during the regular season....and as far as worst qb's u've seen? weren't u watching 9er games of alex early in his career? forget preseason...lol, what about regular season.

moan? are you posting as a mod or as a regular poster? sd brought up the preseason, i reminded him that it wasn't just kaep that looked out of sync...our whole offense did. our starter improved his play in the regular season and our backup did as well, with the little time he had a chance to show.

I am posting as a mod. And you were the one who brought Smith into the discussion.
Well, No one is Moaning.....again, look into WHY I brought up Smith's name into this discussion.

its as if we struggled with our running game in preseason, and both of our RBs had similar stats....yet someone wants to bash the back up running back, ignoring the fact that the starter also struggled....let alone the whole offense.

some of you posters and Mods are making Alex bigger than life. He is just ONE Qb in our franchise's history...in the NFL's History for that matter.....there is nothing special about him to where it would be taboo to mention his name in thread....regarding QBs.
So, Tolzein offended you?

Only thing I've seen on Tolzien is the pre-season game last year in San Deigo were he looked really good against us. Other than that don't know much about the kid or how seriously he is being looked at by Harbaugh. I'm assuming that since Johnson has been brought in the real competition for backup is between him and CK
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
you know I really do not care who it is as long as we have a better back up for alex this year than last year. we really go lucky with alex not getting hurt last year.i really would like to think the kids are better this year than last year but can not help but think they brought josh in cuz they do have just a titch of a worry about the kids. watching those three in practice and in pre season should be fun
  • cools
  • Veteran
I like both QB's alot, Kap has been around learning for awhile, JJ hasnt worked with Harbs for years, I'll give the edge to Kap

I think both will do well throughout pre-saeason

* Unless Kap is traded to Miami on draft day
[ Edited by cools on Apr 21, 2012 at 12:16 AM ]

i think if miami wanted a kaep like player, who has played in the wco, then they could've made a run after josh johnson witout having to give up any picks when he was a free agent.
Well, No one is Moaning.....again, look into WHY I brought up Smith's name into this discussion.

its as if we struggled with our running game in preseason, and both of our RBs had similar stats....yet someone wants to bash the back up running back, ignoring the fact that the starter also struggled....let alone the whole offense.

some of you posters and Mods are making Alex bigger than life. He is just ONE Qb in our franchise's history...in the NFL's History for that matter.....there is nothing special about him to where it would be taboo to mention his name in thread....regarding QBs.

There is an Alex Smith thread. There is somewhere a 49ers qb thread. There is a Kaepernick/Johnson/Tolzein thread.

This is a thread for discussing the choice between Johnson and Kaepernick. Hence the title. I believe that is quite clear. I am not making Smith out to be anything he isn't. I am trying to keep this place in order and stop posters derailing threads.

If you want to discuss this, do it by pm.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
If Josh Johnson becomes named the #2 QB in 2012 it will really give me doubts on what we are going to be doing with kaepernick and what the front office thinks of him.

This is a worst case scenario imo.

If Kap isn't the #2, we have issues, cause Johnson is nothing special.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

This is a worst case scenario imo.

If Kap isn't the #2, we have issues, cause Johnson is nothing special.

this

i dont think johnson will be #2 but kaep as a #3 will raise some questions
Kap can do more backflips
Share 49ersWebzone