There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Moss to miss voluntary workouts

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
so is yours

rice has better numbers than moss

Moss has more talent, and had the smarts to take plays off early in games so he would be fresh when it counted in the 4th quarter.
[ Edited by Thorhawk on Apr 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM ]
FINALLY someone agrees with me! Rice is an overrated product of HOF QBs. In terms of raw talent, he's not even Vincent Jackson.
Originally posted by aman49:
FINALLY someone agrees with me! Rice is an overrated product of HOF QBs. In terms of raw talent, he's not even Vincent Jackson.

you dont need raw talent

he runs the best routes in nfl history has one of the best hands in nfl hsotry and gets insane YPC

you dont need to be big or run fast to be the best WR in nfl
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
The stats don't lie. Plus Peter King is one of the most respected sportswriters in the world, I value his opinion more than some random screen name on the internet.

Most sportswriters consider Jerry Rice the best receiver ever, but a few believe Hutson could have been as good as Rice if he'd played in the same era.

That doesn't in my opinion put him him 3 guys ahead of Rice. The chance that he could have been as good as Rice if certain things would have happened a certain way, doesn't put him higher than Rice.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda, but didn't.

Are you basing your ranking just on Peter King's opinion?

Who is to say that Montana and Young didn't have Rice to thank for making them look better as well? That goes both ways, Rice had two HOF QB's but those two HOF QB's had a HOF wide receiver catching their passes and then running them 70 yards for a TD.

Most have Rice as the best football player of all time as well not just the best at his position.
Not sure if you guys are even serious anymore. Went from OMG! Moss didn't show up to a conditioning work out to Rice is a product of HOF QBs.....'even JJ Stokes would have been a HOFer if he had Montana and Young'

Not the Zone any more... couple of you guys went full retard.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
You listed 3 people before Rice! You just lost 12,000 posts of credibility!

Please Rice benefitted from 2 hall of fame qbs in pass friendly offense. Peter King writes for Sports Illustrated and has Don Hutson listed as the #1 player of all time, so your armchair amateur analysis means nothing to me.

I didn't give you my armchair analysis. But from where I'm sitting (with my arm on my chair) numbers don't lie and Jerry was the best. Would Montana and Young have been HOF QB's without Rice? My amateur analysis at least tells me that they couldn't throw it to themselves!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
you dont need raw talent

he runs the best routes in nfl history has one of the best hands in nfl hsotry and gets insane YPC

you dont need to be big or run fast to be the best WR in nfl

Rice was a good player. Not great but good. You put a team full Jerry Rices on your team and you would be lucky to win a State championship. You put a team full Randy Mosses on your team and you win the Super Bowl every time. Talent beats work ethic everytime.
Rice was a good player. Not great but good. You put a team full Jerry Rices on your team and you would be lucky to win a State championship. You put a team full Randy Mosses on your team and you win the Super Bowl every time. Talent beats work ethic everytime.

You listed 3 people before Rice! You just lost 12,000 posts of credibility!

Please Rice benefitted from 2 hall of fame qbs in pass friendly offense. Peter King writes for Sports Illustrated and has Don Hutson listed as the #1 player of all time, so your armchair amateur analysis means nothing to me.

I didn't give you my armchair analysis. But from where I'm sitting (with my arm on my chair) numbers don't lie and Jerry was the best. Would Montana and Young have been HOF QB's without Rice? My amateur analysis at least tells me that they couldn't throw it to themselves!

Without Rice, it would have been John Taylor. hello! Or what about slow and fat Brent Jones? Hello! Heck Ted Popsoon looked like a pro bowler with these guys throwing to them. Roger Craig was a FB at Nebraska, then all of a sudden he's a pass catching HB. WTH?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Not sure if you guys are even serious anymore. Went from OMG! Moss didn't show up to a conditioning work out to Rice is a product of HOF QBs.....'even JJ Stokes would have been a HOFer if he had Montana and Young'

Not the Zone any more... couple of you guys went full retard.

You are right I am sorry. Just got a little worked up and definitely out of hand. lol
Moss has more talent, and had the smarts to take plays off early in games so he would be fresh when it counted in the 4th quarter.

Originally posted by aman49:

Are we talking about talent or numbers? Rice = Greatest numbers ever

Talent? Could be anybody! Talent doesn't mean s**t unless you do something with it. Taking plays off? Thats called lazy not smart. If Moss wanted to be fresh in the 4th quarter maybe he could get in Jerry Rice shape. Rice didn't take plays off and his talent shows by owning the record book.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Without Rice, it would have been John Taylor. hello! Or what about slow and fat Brent Jones? Hello! Heck Ted Popsoon looked like a pro bowler with these guys throwing to them. Roger Craig was a FB at Nebraska, then all of a sudden he's a pass catching HB. WTH?

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
I don't get why people don't see it either. Then again I could.. it's the rose and gold colored glasses. Without the HOF QB's Rice would be on par with Brandon Lloyd at best. Pretty sure if JJ Stokes had Montana and Young, he would be in the HOF right now too.

Exactly. Anyone with half a brain can see this.
JJ stokes had steve young and put up mediocre numbers.

It was Rice though. Rice caught those balls. Rice scored those TD's. Rice owns the record book. Rice is the greatest WR to ever play the game. /discussion
It was Rice though. Rice caught those balls. Rice scored those TD's. Rice owns the record book. Rice is the greatest WR to ever play the game. /discussion

but this discussion is actually about Moss missing voluntary workouts so the discussion will continue.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home