LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Moss to miss voluntary workouts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Regardless of Harbaugh's assertions that it's ok and was understood from the git-go, missing these workouts for a guy who missed an entire season makes no sense. We should not be making such concessations to placate an already enormous ego. Moss needs all the time he can get to familiarize himself with the offense and build rapport with his qb's and teammates.
He has plenty of time he has off-season workout with coaches ota and tc
Over reaction.

I'm sure if Coach wanted him there and had any inkling Moss wouldn't be in "shape" he would have insisted that Moss be here. Besides Coach wants Moss to take care of his family. If the family is taken care of then Moss' mind will be on his job not what's going on with his family. Sometimes in order to get a gain you have to give a little.

Besides 12 days is not going to hurt building the comraderie with the team.
[ Edited by kingairta on Apr 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM ]
Who cares, if he doesn't show up ready to go he gets cut plain and simple. Doesn't cost the niners anything. Moss knows this and will likely show up in great shape.
The HC told him to stay home to get back into shape (which he's doing with a bunch of trainers) and spend time with his family (his fam is on the east coast) before getting back into football mode after a year off.

He'll be back before mandatory OTAs, and there's nothing within the next week and a half that he'll be able to do here that'll get him and Alex into a Rice-Young, Manning-Harrison type of rapport.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Don't care, lol

He's Randy Moss. 2nd greatest WR of all time.
Wow, can't believe the universal catering to the guy. What, the other players don't have families too? For a guy with his history of taking time off, even during games, I'm surprised so many are ok with him doing so before even stepping on a field with his teammates. Are we going to have a double standard here? I realize they're voluntary, but it would go a long way with his fellow players if he were to attend along with the rest of the mere mortals.
These are the conditioning parts of the OTAs, he will be here when the coaches can actually coach. not a big issue at all
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Wow, can't believe the universal catering to the guy. What, the other players don't have families too? For a guy with his history of taking time off, even during games, I'm surprised so many are ok with him doing so before even stepping on a field with his teammates. Are we going to have a double standard here? I realize they're voluntary, but it would go a long way with his fellow players if he were to attend along with the rest of the mere mortals.

Would you day the same thing about Frank Gore?
ima do what i wanna do

ima play when i wanna play

Straight cash homie

Originally posted by Chaoslord209:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

Would you day the same thing about Frank Gore?

And Dashon Goldson
Didn't Harbaugh said he actually suggested to Randy that he should be OK not to come in until April 30th...

Harbaugh has no clue on how to deal with his players

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 19, 2012 at 8:54 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Much ado about nothing.He is an all pro and probably hall of fame and just because he did not achieve that status while with us,, he deserves a bit of a veterns courtesy. besides it sounds like it was the coaches decision so there is no problem. sheesh
Originally posted by Amir:
Don't care, lol

LOL. NOT!
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Originally posted by Amir:
Don't care, lol

LOL. NOT!

come at me, bro

Randy is the 2nd best ever.
Share 49ersWebzone