There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers at Green Bay on opening day, get max of 5 Prime Time Games

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Seahawks carfinals improved and now bears are a potentially elite team this year

f**k em all.
Overall, this is about as favorable a schedule one could expect considering the teams we have to play. I expect them to do the Youngstown stop over between Minnesota and New York in weeks 3-4 again. In fact, they probably asked the league to specifically arrange for one such opportunity with two road games this year. Then there's only three 10am starts, and only one after week 4, which will be negated by staying in Youngstown. That's very nice considering the last several years issues of 10am starts, last year aside.

In some ways this is an "easier" schedule than last year's. The teams are just tougher overall, in theory. But there's nothing as insane as a Thursday night game in Baltimore after a Sunday afternoon home game.
[ Edited by captveg on Apr 18, 2012 at 10:09 AM ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Best part about Green Bay week 1:

HARBAUGH and CO have all summer to prepare for it!!!!!

I think the 49ers O maybe not being fully up to speed is a bigger concern than D against GB. D will always find a way to show up in these games....

Hopefully we beat them in a convincing fashion.

Guess what? So does Coach McCarthy!!!!!!!!

McCarthy will have less to work with if one accepts that SF will be installing far more of its playbook this offseason that they showed last year. Expect a few surprises week one.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Best part about Green Bay week 1:

HARBAUGH and CO have all summer to prepare for it!!!!!

I think the 49ers O maybe not being fully up to speed is a bigger concern than D against GB. D will always find a way to show up in these games....

Hopefully we beat them in a convincing fashion.

Guess what? So does Coach McCarthy!!!!!!!!

McCarthy will have less to work with if one accepts that SF will be installing far more of its playbook this offseason that they showed last year. Expect a few surprises week one.

The basis is still the same in being both coaches have all summer to prepare for one another. He made it sound like the Packers don't, and we do. lol
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Why does eveyone keep saying its a tough schedule? Because we play the Packers?. The Patriots? Our schedule is ranked 24th with our opponents combined won-loss record of 125-131. Its not as tough as everyone is making it out to be.

Because we're not playing the 2011 versions of these teams. Our division games vs. the Seahawks and Cardinals are gonna be tough, and Patriots/Bears/Lions/Saints/Giants/Packers are gonna be rough too. That means probably at least 10 of 17 games vs. playoff caliber teams. I think we'll do great, but it's still a tough schedule.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Why does eveyone keep saying its a tough schedule? Because we play the Packers?. The Patriots? Our schedule is ranked 24th with our opponents combined won-loss record of 125-131. Its not as tough as everyone is making it out to be.

Because we're not playing the 2011 versions of these teams. Our division games vs. the Seahawks and Cardinals are gonna be tough, and Patriots/Bears/Lions/Saints/Giants/Packers are gonna be rough too. That means probably at least 10 of 17 games vs. playoff caliber teams. I think we'll do great, but it's still a tough schedule.

17 games
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Hah whoops. I originally had 9 of 16 games vs. playoff caliber teams on there cause I forgot to list the Packers. Then just added one onto both on accident.
How many teams have 5 prime time games?
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Seahawks carfinals improved and now bears are a potentially elite team this year

f**k em all.

LULZ....THE BEARS?!?!??!?!
POTD!!!!!

I agree that the Seahawks will give us a run and the Cardinals will be better this year too.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
LULZ....THE BEARS?!?!??!?!
POTD!!!!!

I agree that the Seahawks will give us a run and the Cardinals will be better this year too.

how are the bears not going to be considered one of the elite teams next year?

they have a great defense all they didnt have is a WR they traded a 3rd rounder for brandon marshall

on top of that they still have a top 20 draft pick
Packers are weak. We're gonna terrorize AR all game long.

P.S. In that UFC 145 advertising banner Jones looks like TO.
Just bought my tickets for 49ers @ Jets. So stoked!
Just found out this lucky mofo will be going to GB on opening day.

I still can't believe it! Pinch the f**k out of me 'cause I must be dreaming!!! Box seats, too.

Wifey has an in...

So who else is going?
Originally posted by ninertico:

I still can't believe it! Pinch the f**k out of me 'cause I must be dreaming!!! Box seats, too.

Wifey has an in...

So who else is going?

Hate to break it to you, but your wifey paid for those seats with something more than just money...
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by ninertico:

Wifey has an in...

So who else is going?

Hate to break it to you, but your wifey paid for those seats with something more than just money...