There are 268 users in the forums

Aubrayo Franklin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What a clown AF is. I'm so glad we didn't hand that dude a huge contract.
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
good lord you sound like the Alex Smith haters when our WR/TEs make plays, you cant have a good play with from one player with the good play from another. Football is a team sport, without a good NT our DEs and OLBs wouldn't be able to make plays.

A good 3-4 team must have a quality NT or the rest of the front 7 will not be able to do their jobs properly. We had both MLBs have pro bowl seasons, our rookie OLB had a pro bowl season and was only omitted because he wasnt a starter, our DEs had pro bowl seasons because our NT was able to occupy 2 blockers at a time and free them up to rush the passer or to focus on the remaining tackle so our OLBs could rush....

I get were you coming from but if youre going to make suggestions and say we should replace Sopoaga, dont suggest that his replacement be the guy that he replaced and clearly outplayed if you compare how they did in the same scheme(Franklin in 2010 and Sopoaga in 2011) and how they did on separate teams in 2011.

Sopoaga is definitely a better nose tackle then Franklin ever was so if you want to replace him you should've proposed a draft prospect and posted this in the draft forum.
With all due respect,if anyone on here was paying attention,I never said replace McDonald or Sopoaga,I've been advocating making additions to our squad,whether it be by the draft,free agency,whatever.If any of the youngsters we already have,have a good camp like Ian Williams,who I thought was a good college player like Harbaugh did then that will be fine for me.
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Why is AF a clown?When he was balling,it was all good and say what you want,he played well for us.But he left the team to a suppossed better situation,it happens in sports.I hope we do'nt pay anyone big money and their production drops so I'll be looking at Brooks this year for sure,
The reason he's still available is his performance. Subpar at best.
One or two good years for us, but now he's done. I would rather spend a draft pick then waste dollar one on this guy.
we all knew what would happen. he got paid and became a slouch.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
hmm i wonder why nobody signed this dude yet

2nd offseason in a row he hasnt had teams chasing after him
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by tsty:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Don't need, lol

Get your mind right,our D-line played fantastic because of a few guys but we had no push up the middle,I love Ice but would love someone else in the rotation.I bet you liked that we resigned,Will Tukufu,lol.
Huh? ICE had the best year of any 49er interior lineman since BY retired. Remember, both of our inside backers were All-Pro last year. Our NT was a huge part of that. Oh, and Tukuafu is a very promising 3-4 DE prospect, so you should like that we re-signed him, too.

thank you sir. we think alike.

I agree as well. Sopoaga really opened my eyes last year. Good to see him finally find his groove. Looking forward to see what Tukuafu can do. Kama Si'i!!
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Huh? ICE had the best year of any 49er interior lineman since BY retired. Remember, both of our inside backers were All-Pro last year. Our NT was a huge part of that. Oh, and Tukuafu is a very promising 3-4 DE prospect, so you should like that we re-signed him, too.

Best year of any interior lineman since BY???Yeah,Tukuafu was real promising in Seattle too huh???Like it or not,we will tweek the D in one way or another.

Dont just post like that. If you dont agree, bring something to the party. like, who and which year.

And, whilst the depth might get adjusted, the front 7 of the D will not get tweaked.

i understand wanting to add depth it's much needed, but franklin............camon man
Franklin should keep himself in shape. Never know with injuries during the year, Baalke might give him a call to step in as backup like he originally was one. Shouldn't penalized what a player can get out of FA. Franklin just took advantage of FA. If he can still contribute why not get him back onto the team.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Why is AF a clown?When he was balling,it was all good and say what you want,he played well for us.But he left the team to a suppossed better situation,it happens in sports.I hope we do'nt pay anyone big money and their production drops so I'll be looking at Brooks this year for sure,

He's a clown because the Niners were willing to pay him decent money (i'm sure more than McDonald), yet he got greed and went to a team on a one year contract and flopped out. He should of stayed with us, though I'm glad he didn't so RayMac and Soap could shine.
With all due respect,if anyone on here was paying attention,I never said replace McDonald or Sopoaga,I've been advocating making additions to our squad,whether it be by the draft,free agency,whatever.If any of the youngsters we already have,have a good camp like Ian Williams,who I thought was a good college player like Harbaugh did then that will be fine for me.

I understand what ur getting at, but why would the Niners bring him back at all? He is basically the same player as Soap. They play base downs and come out on obvious passing downs. So, the team would be paying Franklin to back up a guy that is only on the field maybe 40% of the time? How often does Soap really need to come out for a breather? It's passing league after all.......Granted, I haven't seen any stats from last season......But I'd guess that the Niners played nickel or other sub packages ALMOST as much as their base D. I guess my point is, do the Niners really need a quality back-up at the NT spot? Soap has been SOLID for the past several seasons, starting at DE and last season at NT.

I think the team is better off going with current players and bringing in a mid-to late round draft pick for depth
[ Edited by AKfanster on Apr 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM ]
I know that our defensive line played fantastic last year and everybody is coming back but with the uncertainty of McDonald's status,the last I heard Aubrayo Frankiln was still unsigned,a one year contract would be nice.

Let me reiterate myself for the self-proposed Aubrayo Frankiln hater commitee,I did'nt say get rid of McDonald but rather made a statement about getting help at the point.Ice played nice but we need rotation players and Franklin was a suggestion.......................GO NINERS.

It's just your initial statement suggesting that bringing in Franklin, or anybody for that matter, would have anything to do with uncertainty about McDonald's status just doesn't compute.Moving on . . .

From a practical standpoint, like last year we're likely going to carry six d-linemen with five active on game day. J. Smith, McDonald, RJF and Soap are locks. Dobbs, Tukuafu, Williams and a couple of draft picks/UDFA's will be up for the last two spots. I liked what little I saw from Dobbs last year and Tukuafu before his injury. So from that standpoint, would Baalke be ready to dump a developmental player/roster spot in favor of a soon to be 32 year old with declining skills? Doubtful.

But if he came in cheap and knowing he wasn't guaranteed a roster spot . . . what's the harm?
Share 49ersWebzone