LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Aubrayo Franklin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Dont just post like that. If you dont agree, bring something to the party. like, who and which year.

And, whilst the depth might get adjusted, the front 7 of the D will not get tweaked.

Not to be an asshat, but I'm going to be an asshat. Aldon Smith is going to be the starter next season instead of Haralson. That's a tweak.

Kinda like how I just tweaked you.

::giggles::
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It's just your initial statement suggesting that bringing in Franklin, or anybody for that matter, would have anything to do with uncertainty about McDonald's status just doesn't compute.Moving on . . .

would Baalke be ready to dump a developmental player/roster spot in favor of a soon to be 32 year old with declining skills? Doubtful.

But if he came in cheap and knowing he wasn't guaranteed a roster spot . . . what's the harm?

This
I don't like bringing in Franklin or any other veteran DL. Our DL is very good and deep despite what some ppl say. With J.Smith, Soap, Ray Mac our starters are set. RJF, Turk, Williams and Dobbs is a good set of backups. If we add anything I want it to be a young player through the draft. the only way a player like Franklin would make sense is if we need a DL in TC due to injuries.
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Not to be an asshat, but I'm going to be an asshat. Aldon Smith is going to be the starter next season instead of Haralson. That's a tweak.

Aldon Smith will replace Haralson but as far as being tweaked,I remember when the Niners made Ice a DE and I disagreed,I was supposedly tweaked too,lol.
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
I don't like bringing in Franklin or any other veteran DL. Our DL is very good and deep despite what some ppl say. With J.Smith, Soap, Ray Mac our starters are set. RJF, Turk, Williams and Dobbs is a good set of backups. If we add anything I want it to be a young player through the draft. the only way a player like Franklin would make sense is if we need a DL in TC due to injuries.

RJF will make it because they like him,Turk I'm not so sure,Dobbs was a monster only in preseason and Williams(whom I want to make it)is a NT project.
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
This

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It's just your initial statement suggesting that bringing in Franklin, or anybody for that matter, would have anything to do with uncertainty about McDonald's status just doesn't compute.Moving on . . .

From a practical standpoint, like last year we're likely going to carry six d-linemen with five active on game day. J. Smith, McDonald, RJF and Soap are locks. Dobbs, Tukuafu, Williams and a couple of draft picks/UDFA's will be up for the last two spots. I liked what little I saw from Dobbs last year and Tukuafu before his injury. So from that standpoint, would Baalke be ready to dump a developmental player/roster spot in favor of a soon to be 32 year old with declining skills? Doubtful.

But if he came in cheap and knowing he wasn't guaranteed a roster spot . . . what's the harm?

Well said,if he came in cheap(veteran minimum)knowing he was'nt guaranteed a roster,what's the harm is right.If he dose'nt show something in camp,cut him.
Originally posted by tsty:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
RJF > Franklin.

RJF/Williams/Dobbs.........the same type player(actually I hope Ian Williams gets stronger and has a good camp).

There is the issue - the depth at hand is most likely sufficient that there is no reason to pay good money to Franklin. RJF is developing nicely, Williams seems to be the stout NT type, and Dobbs seems to have some quicks to him. Having these guys in a full off season program should go a long way to creating a good rotation next season to spell Smith, ICE and McD
Didn't he visit Seattle?
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by English:
Dont just post like that. If you dont agree, bring something to the party. like, who and which year.

And, whilst the depth might get adjusted, the front 7 of the D will not get tweaked.

Same players.
Best year of any interior lineman since BY???Yeah,Tukuafu was real promising in Seattle too huh???Like it or not,we will tweek the D in one way or another.

Ice had a great season, people couldn't run the middle largely because they couldn't move ice off the line even with double teams.. Why do you think we had the best rush defense in decades? Tukuafu is you, and improving. Seattle has crappy coaching anyways. I think our gm might know a little more then you. We may add depth but RJF is still gonna be the be the main guy.

I thought this was an old thread bump at first, then I started looking at the dates and did one of these

This dude thought he was the man and wanted big time dollars. Left the organization and we got better for it. I don't want him coming back personally. Waste of space for one of our draftees.

RJF will make it because they like him,Turk I'm not so sure,Dobbs was a monster only in preseason and Williams(whom I want to make it)is a NT project.
Dude I'm sorry but your smoking crack if you don't think RJF is a solid player. Dobbs didn't really get a chance to play at all, and you made my point by saying Williams is a NT project, meaning no room for an old fart vet. Turk was just resigned to a 2 year deal, he played some solid football for us and is a good rotational lineman. Our DL is pretty stacked, we may get another one in the draft but we're not bringing in an old vet like Franklin. Why do u think the team let him go in favor of moving Soap back to NT and starting Ray Mac?

Dude I'm sorry but your smoking crack if you don't think RJF is a solid player. Dobbs didn't really get a chance to play at all, and you made my point by saying Williams is a NT project, meaning no room for an old fart vet. Turk was just resigned to a 2 year deal, he played some solid football for us and is a good rotational lineman. Our DL is pretty stacked, we may get another one in the draft but we're not bringing in an old vet like Franklin. Why do u think the team let him go in favor of moving Soap back to NT and starting Ray Mac?

Agreed. We need youth to come-up and push the aging players, not more players on the wrong side of 30.

BTW, shouldn't this be in the FA forum?
well folks were serious about bringing manny back so i new this thread was coming sooner or later

AGREE WHIT YOU ....JUST FOR CAMP FODDER

GREETINGS FROM LIMA - PERU
Share 49ersWebzone