LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Aubrayo Franklin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
hmm i wonder why nobody signed this dude yet
  • sfout
  • Veteran
the fact that we franchised a nose tackle shows how bad this team was at one point, Franklin has and always will be average.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tsty:
I know that our defensive line played fantastic last year and everybody is coming back but with the uncertainty of McDonald's status,the last I heard Aubrayo Frankiln was still unsigned,a one year contract would be nice.

Let me reiterate myself for the self-proposed Aubrayo Frankiln hater commitee,I did'nt say get rid of McDonald but rather made a statement about getting help at the point.Ice played nice but we need rotation players and Franklin was a suggestion.......................GO NINERS.

you do realize that there was actually an improvement from our front seven this year? Sopoaga statistically replicated Franklin's last season with us and we were top 5 in sacks this past season because Sopoaga did a better job then Franklin tying up blockers to free up our rushers....
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:
come back when your ready to talk football noob...

Franklin isnt gonna give you any push up the middle

And Ice did???Like it or not football expert,the Niners are going to bring in a few defensive guys by draft or unsigned college guys anyway......see you at Candlestick.
somebody needs a Snickers Bar
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
you do realize that there was actually an improvement from our front seven this year? Sopoaga statistically replicated Franklin's last season with us and we were top 5 in sacks this past season because Sopoaga did a better job then Franklin tying up blockers to free up our rushers....

The Smith's made that Top 5 stat and did'nt need Ice to help,do'nt get me wrong,Ice is cool but I did'nt see anybody dying to sign him either when he had a chance to test the market..........
Jim Tomsula is basically the Jim Harbaugh of D-lineman. We have some great players on the DLine but he can make even average players play better than they are. Franklin benefited from that.
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PSYKO5:
somebody needs a Snickers Bar

Yeah,it's all good,I'm a T.O fan too.
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Jim Tomsula is basically the Jim Harbaugh of D-lineman. We have some great players on the DLine but he can make even average players play better than they are. Franklin benefited from that.

Agreed but that's all over the league and the average players that rise to the occasion will always be useful regardless of common convention......GO NINERS.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Don't need, lol

Get your mind right,our D-line played fantastic because of a few guys but we had no push up the middle,I love Ice but would love someone else in the rotation.I bet you liked that we resigned,Will Tukufu,lol.
Huh? ICE had the best year of any 49er interior lineman since BY retired. Remember, both of our inside backers were All-Pro last year. Our NT was a huge part of that. Oh, and Tukuafu is a very promising 3-4 DE prospect, so you should like that we re-signed him, too.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

The Smith's made that Top 5 stat and did'nt need Ice to help,do'nt get me wrong,Ice is cool but I did'nt see anybody dying to sign him either when he had a chance to test the market..........

good lord you sound like the Alex Smith haters when our WR/TEs make plays, you cant have a good play with from one player with the good play from another. Football is a team sport, without a good NT our DEs and OLBs wouldn't be able to make plays.

A good 3-4 team must have a quality NT or the rest of the front 7 will not be able to do their jobs properly. We had both MLBs have pro bowl seasons, our rookie OLB had a pro bowl season and was only omitted because he wasnt a starter, our DEs had pro bowl seasons because our NT was able to occupy 2 blockers at a time and free them up to rush the passer or to focus on the remaining tackle so our OLBs could rush....

I get were you coming from but if youre going to make suggestions and say we should replace Sopoaga, dont suggest that his replacement be the guy that he replaced and clearly outplayed if you compare how they did in the same scheme(Franklin in 2010 and Sopoaga in 2011) and how they did on separate teams in 2011.

Sopoaga is definitely a better nose tackle then Franklin ever was so if you want to replace him you should've proposed a draft prospect and posted this in the draft forum.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Don't need, lol

Get your mind right,our D-line played fantastic because of a few guys but we had no push up the middle,I love Ice but would love someone else in the rotation.I bet you liked that we resigned,Will Tukufu,lol.
Huh? ICE had the best year of any 49er interior lineman since BY retired. Remember, both of our inside backers were All-Pro last year. Our NT was a huge part of that. Oh, and Tukuafu is a very promising 3-4 DE prospect, so you should like that we re-signed him, too.

thank you sir. we think alike.
RJF > Franklin.
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Legbreaker:

Best year of any interior lineman since BY???Yeah,Tukuafu was real promising in Seattle too huh???Like it or not,we will tweek the D in one way or another.
  • tsty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
RJF > Franklin.

RJF/Williams/Dobbs.........the same type player(actually I hope Ian Williams gets stronger and has a good camp).
Share 49ersWebzone