There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Crabtree ever be this good?

Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
Nope

He is a lazy player with poor work ethics and also very slow to be a premier WR.

i tend to agree with you,. i am still holding out hope but he bettter show something this off season. i am also expecting this to turn out to be a alex bashing thread somehow

It's funny that you should agree with someone bashing a player who has been the best we've had since we got him and progresses every year, but relentlessly go to battle for Alex Smith no matter what. You've already attempted to protect him when nobody had even mentioned him. Why is it that you're willing to overlook Alex Smith's struggles, but Crabtree gets no excuses from you?

This is what gets me the most also. I think the main reason is one has proven to be a hard worker and leader and the other has shown that he could be a diva but definitely would be a diva if he opened his mouth more.

As for ability and producion...if Alex can be excused, then just about anyone can...especially a player who has shown improvement each and every year like Crabtree has.
i think alot of it has to do with what many percieve to be a poor work ethic, seems not to work hard in the off season and drops balls when they hit him in the chest.i really have forgotten about the hold out cuz that is just football, It has been what he has done or not done since then that bothers me

Your perception that he is lazy is exactly what I am talking about. Here are the facts

SURGERY kept him from participating in last years offseason

No one who actually knows or interacts with Crabtree has ever stated or suggested that he does not work hard. As a matter of fact they go out of their way to state the opposite.

Dropped balls are a problem, but he is still a very young player and has shown that he is improving every year. Alex Smith was afforded 7 years of a "lets give him more time" attitude and he mostly showed nothing over that time span. In fact, Shaun Hill, JTO and other scrubs were out performing him on the field.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Apr 12, 2012 at 3:07 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
It's funny that you should agree with someone bashing a player who has been the best we've had since we got him and progresses every year, but relentlessly go to battle for Alex Smith no matter what. You've already attempted to protect him when nobody had even mentioned him. Why is it that you're willing to overlook Alex Smith's struggles, but Crabtree gets no excuses from you?

i like crabtree a lot and he does show a lot of promise of becoing a good WR (not great as i dont think he is physically talented enough to dominate the double coverages)

however it has been 3 years i believe crabtree has totaled 2 OTA 0 TC and 0 preseason

he too is learning a new offense every year and the fact he isnt attending offseason workouts means he is learning the offense as we play games and is behind the curve as a #1 wR that hurts our passing game a lot
He's gonna sign with DAL or HOU the moment his contract is up with us.
Originally posted by Joecool:
This is what gets me the most also. I think the main reason is one has proven to be a hard worker and leader and the other has shown that he could be a diva but definitely would be a diva if he opened his mouth more.

As for ability and producion...if Alex can be excused, then just about anyone can...especially a player who has shown improvement each and every year like Crabtree has.

The best wide receivers have always been a tad diva, even Jerry Rice had to have his uniform %100 perfect before he felt ready to play
He's gonna sign with DAL or HOU the moment his contract is up with us.

They would have to want to sign him for that to happen

like i just said this is my reasoning:

i like crabtree a lot and he does show a lot of promise of becoing a good WR (not great as i dont think he is physically talented enough to dominate the double coverages) however it has been 3 years i believe crabtree has totaled 2 OTA 0 TC and 0 preseason he too is learning a new offense every year and the fact he isnt attending offseason workouts means he is learning the offense as we play games and is behind the curve as a #1 wR that hurts our passing game a lot
Originally posted by DirtyP:

The best wide receivers have always been a tad diva, even Jerry Rice had to have his uniform %100 perfect before he felt ready to play

True, and 13-3.

Couldn't have done it without our leading receiver for approximately 9 of the 16 games.
True, and 13-3.

Couldn't have done it without our leading receiver for approximately 9 of the 16 games.

if we lost crabtree we wouldve had the worst WR corps in nfl history

that is without a doubt a fact
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
You guys are crazy. He led this team to 13-3.
no it was defense and special teams only. what games were you watching last year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Your perception that he is lazy is exactly what I am talking about. Here are the facts

SURGERY kept him from participating in last years offseason

No one who actually knows or interacts with Crabtree has ever stated or suggested that he does not work hard. As a matter of fact they go out of their way to state the opposite.

Dropped balls are a problem, but he is still a very young player and has shown that he is improving every year. Alex Smith was afforded 7 years of a "lets give him more time" attitude and he mostly showed nothing over that time span. In fact, Shaun Hill, JTO and other scrubs were out performing him on the field.
good points. i will continue to keep an open mind and hope for the best cuz i do want him to succeed You make a very good point that perception is not always reality, i will try to keep that in mind
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
like i just said this is my reasoning:

i like crabtree a lot and he does show a lot of promise of becoing a good WR (not great as i dont think he is physically talented enough to dominate the double coverages) however it has been 3 years i believe crabtree has totaled 2 OTA 0 TC and 0 preseason he too is learning a new offense every year and the fact he isnt attending offseason workouts means he is learning the offense as we play games and is behind the curve as a #1 wR that hurts our passing game a lot
I agree that Crabtree must participate in offseason activities to be at his best. My problem is with this talk that he is a bust and a diva. The guy has improved every season and I have not seen or heard any proof he is a diva. Hopefully he will be able to participate in Training Camp and get some preseason games in so he won't have to play catch up during the regular season this year and can show everyone his true potential.
You guys are crazy. He led this team to 13-3.
no it was defense and special teams only. what games were you watching last year

Crabs is the dirty work WR. I have a feeling he will get 80 or so catches for 1000 and Manningham and Moss will get 600 yards on half as many catches for the big play glory.
Crabs is the dirty work WR. I have a feeling he will get 80 or so catches for 1000 and Manningham and Moss will get 600 yards on half as many catches for the big play glory.

i think manningham will also get 900 or so yards

moss will only get like 400 or so but get majority of the TD

i think crabs will eclipse 1000 (again if he attends offseason this year)

last year manningham played throught the season with injured knees
Would be nice if he didn't have jump or dive for almost every catch. He was getting hit in stride in the vid.