There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chris Mortenson "Niners going to win the Super Bowl this year"

We got this!!!! Its a wrap...who's got it better than us....nooooobooooodyyyy!!!!
Originally posted by Joecool:
They keep talking about our defense but defenses don't repeat what our defense did. We missed a prime opportunity to win a SB last season. The big if is whether or not our Offense can take the next step and make up for any drop-off of stuff that can't be game planned for such as turnovers.

I think they can can match what they did, great defenses (and offenses) usually lose several pieces in free agency after a great year. But not this time, everyone is back and several young players will be older and better such as Bowman, Aldon, Culliver and Goldson. I think Brown and McDonald all improve as well in their 2nd full year starting. I do worry about Rogers dropping off in performance however.

With greater familiarity and a full offseason, they also get to implement the entire defensive playbook which they weren't able to do last year. I see no reason why the run defense will not be as good as last year, and I expect to see an improvement in pass defense unless Rogers' age catches up with him.
Originally posted by bluecoller49ninerfan:
We got this!!!! Its a wrap...who's got it better than us....nooooobooooodyyyy!!!!

that's your first post???

...really?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
They keep talking about our defense but defenses don't repeat what our defense did. We missed a prime opportunity to win a SB last season. The big if is whether or not our Offense can take the next step and make up for any drop-off of stuff that can't be game planned for such as turnovers.

Buzz Killroy? lol
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Buzz Killroy? lol

buzz killington
Link or you are a liar
It's been so long that our front office has been actually respected and trusted around the league that's it's hard to grasp the concept. I think Parcells has told Mort how good Baalke really is.
  • Ether
  • Veteran

Why not? 11 returning starters. Same head coach and coordinators. Same philosophy and scheme. The only reason our defense won't repeat what they did last year is because they will be even better.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Buzz Killroy? lol

buzz killington

HAHA!!! Thats right!

Seriously though Mort, shut the eff up. God I hate that guy. Then again, its been a long time since someone said that with a straight face. Kind of feels good
Originally posted by Ether:
Why not? 11 returning starters. Same head coach and coordinators. Same philosophy and scheme. The only reason our defense won't repeat what they did last year is because they will be even better.

injuries and a tougher opponents are teh reasons why we may not be as godo this year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i to do not understand why so many are so willing to pass our defense off as a one season wonder.The ravens have been a great elite defensive team for years,, who is to say we are not going to be team now?I have heard no logical reason from anyone as to why we can not have an elite defense again?Is it because after all those years of futility, some fans just can not accept the fact we could be on the cusp of a new dynasty?Is it because they hate alex smith so much they refuse to believe?i am just asking. joe, the ravens defense has repeated what they do year after year so why do you think we can not be that team now?The patriots have always been known for taking problem children and turning them around. who is to say we can not become that team?why?
Originally posted by Tman:
were f**ked

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

injuries and a tougher opponents are teh reasons why we may not be as godo this year.

Noun: godo m (plural godos)

-Goth member of the East Germanic tribe

What?!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
We overcame injuries to willis and justin smith last year and i think we will rise to the occasion against those so called tougher teams.Our coaches and players are not setting around playing checkers this off season, there will be new wrinkles, the speed we have never stops, we just have to add some younger guys here and there as the years go along, bring the kids along and add a key free agent.I think possible injuries and possible tougher opponents are weak reasons but I thank you for giving them to me anyway
just do it