There are 152 users in the forums

Candlestick to be demolished

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It is to 49er fans, and that's all that counts. I'd buy three or four just to annoy my wife. There will be a market.

Yeah no doubt. Some may remember the early days when Candlestick was open to the fog in right field--early 60's--and McCovey would come up to bat and hit a monster homer into the fog--couldn't even see the frickin' ball land but every fan in Candlestick would cup their ears and then WACK!! Somebody's car in the parking lot took a hit and then the crowd would bust up laughing hoping it wasn't their car!! Ah those were the days....
I have a lot of great memories of the Stick wathcing Vida Blue hit his only home run, McCovery, Mays, Cepeda, Marchiel getting a croix for surviving an extra inning night game, getting paper cuts from hot dog wrappers. Being part of a family that has had season tickets since the Kezar days my Niner memories are many. Suffering through the NFC loses to the Cowboys in the 70's to the Catch, watching the great '84, 89 teams dominate, I could go on and on.

On the flip side I am not going to miss over flowing toilets, escaloators that don't work, trying to leave after a game, leaving from San Jose on a rainy day at 7:00am so we can get a parking spot because half of the parking lot is flooded, brautworst that will give you food poisioning, seats so close together that you feel like your in the middle seat of an American Airlines flight, electricity going out in the middle of a game, etc.. The old girl has given us some great memories but it is time to move on and I admit I look forward to taking light rail from my home in SJ to the new stadium. For the first time in my life during Niner home football games I will get to sleep past 8:00am
Originally posted by wrongway9erfan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
It is to 49er fans, and that's all that counts. I'd buy three or four just to annoy my wife. There will be a market.

Yeah no doubt. Some may remember the early days when Candlestick was open to the fog in right field--early 60's--and McCovey would come up to bat and hit a monster homer into the fog--couldn't even see the frickin' ball land but every fan in Candlestick would cup their ears and then WACK!! Somebody's car in the parking lot took a hit and then the crowd would bust up laughing hoping it wasn't their car!! Ah those were the days....

Good god you're old lol
Share 49ersWebzone