LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Candlestick to be demolished

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Historic site loved & still will continue to go to Candlestick till the 49ers last game there , sad to see it go but a new beginning awaits the San Francisco 49ers in Santa Clara

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82820ecd/article/with-49ers-leaving-days-numbered-for-sfs-candlestick-park
[ Edited by Tru2RedNGold25 on Apr 6, 2012 at 4:29 AM ]

RIP candlestick,3 com park, monster park.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that's a damn shame............ I'm gonna cry when that happens.
The video will be all over the place. Not sure I will even want to watch it. It's too bad they probably won't gut it out and sell pieces 1st. That's a lot of money for charity or even if the city kept it... a lot of fans would love to have a chair or anything. To them it's probably not worth their time and effort unfortunately.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 6, 2012 at 5:29 AM ]
You guys in San Francisco should all rush the field with shovels and dig out your patch of history! The grounds that brought us 5SBs and catches should not go to the dump!
but we still have games to play! 2 seasons worth! wtf!!??!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
but we still have games to play! 2 seasons worth! wtf!!??!

No better way to send it off than a bunch more memorable games and a 49ers super bowl or two. It's going to be exciting but sad at the same time.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 6, 2012 at 5:31 AM ]
Bonner said the Candlestick site will eventually contain 6,000 new homes as part of a redevelopment project.

But I understand it. I saw my first pro baseball game there (my love SF Giants), my first pro football game there (my other love SF 49ers), and took my son to his first baseball game and football game there. Went to games there with my mom, dad, grandpa, and best friends growing up. For some its a team they love with no attachment to the city or stadium, for others like me, its a place we spent many days and hours of our child hood. My dad had season tickets to the Giants and Niners growing up. I will miss it.

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Bonner said the Candlestick site will eventually contain 6,000 new homes as part of a redevelopment project.

But I understand it. I saw my first pro baseball game there (my love SF Giants), my first pro football game there (my other love SF 49ers), and took my son to his first baseball game and football game there. Went to games there with my mom, dad, grandpa, and best friends growing up. For some its a team they love with no attachment to the city or stadium, for others like me, its a place we spent many days and hours of our child hood. My dad had season tickets to the Giants and Niners growing up. I will miss it.

I hear ya. Since becoming a 49ers fan, I've come to love The City and Candlestick.

I've had the fortunate opportunity to go to 5 games at The Stick (one of them being the playoff game vs. Saints!) and I just can't bear to think of them tearing that place down.

It may be a dump, it may be outdated, it may be in a poor location...

But it's our dump! And it's flair for nostalgia is immeasurable. You just get a special feeling going up those escalators, looking out over the water.

in the end, everything becomes dust.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Hopefully they will do something to auction off some parts of the stick. I would love to buy a seat from there and have it as memorabilia.
gonna get a seat, lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That's gonna be sad but change is inevitable.
Share 49ersWebzone