LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

Candlestick to be demolished

Shop Find 49ers gear online

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Good ridence. Always hated the place.
Hey there 49 faithfull.... These last 2 seasons should be amazing ! I think the organization and the players know that , because of the final seasons for CANDLESTICK ! Brand new to the forum.. Im a 49er fan that is in Rochester NY 80 miles from Buffalo Hope we spank the bills at the stick this year. Every time the 9ers come this way im there. We lost back in 92 Steve young rice taylor hanks stubbie the rath etc... Then Shaun hill QB ed the niners to win 10 -3 a few years ago ..... TD to Issac bruce. Met Joe , Yes MONTANA last year .... SIGNED FULL SIZE HEMET and a JERSEY for me .. SHOOK HIS HAND AND THANKED HIM FOR THE MEMORIES !!!! He came here to a fund raser. Im missing 2 more pieces of my dream ... Meeting RICE and a Visit to candlestick.. If I got tickets in upper box west side Row A are the railings in your line of sight during the game ? I think I would like to be up there to just take in the whole field and take so pictures.. Thanks, Touchdown King Run and Gun Sweet 16 Joe cool, Comeback kid , Whos got it better than us .......... N
They should tear down the stadium, but leave the field, and turn it into a park.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
They're not stupid. They will auction pieces of the place. I wish they could renovate it though.
You'd have to redo some freeway stuff too if you were gonna do that. Too much cash
to rebuild or remodel an old stadium.

maybe they can tear it down and build the warriors new arena there.

The Warriors aren't worthy enough of playing at Candlestick point
Originally posted by 99problems:
Probably a cowboy fan who almost hung himself when texas stadium fell to ashes

Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Hell Ya! I'm taking my seat with me!
i imagine the seats will be sold for around 300 ea much like dallas did . season ticket olders wanting their own good luck woth that. dont see them controlling it that much tho.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
The urinal troughs could make great planters.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
They should tear down the stadium, but leave the field, and turn it into a park.

That would be a pretty cool thing to do for sure.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Arsenal FC redeveloped their old stadium somewhat like that...the playing field became a courtyard/park...the stadium shell became apartments:

http://www.highburysquare.com/
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Apr 23, 2012 at 6:04 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

who would maintain it?who would mow it? who would police it?who would pay for the benches, chairs and other ammenities?who would pay for new storm sewer system for the restrooms as i am pretty sure the infrastructure is not good after all those years. i am not trying to be a negative nancy but you know darn well the city council and the city would be asking those same things esp ,, who will pay for it and who will mow it?nice parks just do not happen and maintaining them after they are built is a issue.there was an article of tiger stadium today on yahoo and how that place has went to s**t after someone tried to make it a park but no one could or would maintain it
When they tear it down, all people with asthma should be warned with in a 2 mile radius due to all the mold that will be released into the air

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
When they tear it down, all people with asthma should be warned with in a 2 mile radius due to all the mold that will be released into the air

probably full of asbestos to. if you can not find someone with money to turn it into a nice park then you tear it down. I am sure you do not want a eye sore like that and trust me, you will forget about the stadium as soon as you walk into the new one.it sounds like it is not logical to build housing or apartments or senior living due to the ground conditions so your options are pretty limited.And as i said before, if you go to the city council and ask them to turn into the park, they will say they have no money for that and they could not afford to maintain it and as we know,, volunteers will not get the job done in the long run.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I was driving down 101 yesterday and I did get a little sad knowing it was gonna be demolished.

but then I remembered that its still quite possibly the worst NFL stadium. The list of problems go on and on and on. We'll forget about it pretty quickly.

I dont think they'll sell the seats, lets not pretend its Yankee stadium.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I was driving down 101 yesterday and I did get a little sad knowing it was gonna be demolished.

but then I remembered that its still quite possibly the worst NFL stadium. The list of problems go on and on and on. We'll forget about it pretty quickly.

It is to 49er fans, and that's all that counts. I'd buy three or four just to annoy my wife. There will be a market.
  • mod
  • Veteran

It is to 49er fans, and that's all that counts. I'd buy three or four just to annoy my wife. There will be a market.

but is the market big enough to make it worth it? I guess thats up to the Yorks... I'd love to have them but they'd sit in my back yard rusting away so I'm gonna have to pass.

but is the market big enough to make it worth it? I guess thats up to the Yorks... I'd love to have them but they'd sit in my back yard rusting away so I'm gonna have to pass.

It would be the City of San Francisco's property. I doubt the City would sell them, but whoever gets the demolition contract could salvage a few hundred or thousand seats to sell to the public to better their profit margin.
Share 49ersWebzone