There are 185 users in the forums

Candlestick to be demolished

Shop Find 49ers gear online
6000 new homes will be built there. How cool would it be to live in a house sitting on the spot where "The Catch" was made?

I only got to attend a small handful of Giants/49ers games, but I'm going to miss it. It seems so strange that the 49ers would play anywhere else.Depending on the cost, I'd like to buy a seat as well.

Ive always felt like the demolition of historic stadiums was a crime. The fact that they tore down Yankee Stadium shows that no stadium is safe. I wish they would turn it into a San Francisco sports history museum or something.

I read a story about this guy who went to watch Tiger Stadium get torn down, and ended up taking home the one-of-a-kind "Tiger Stadium" sign from the front of the building. They just gave it to him because he asked. now he's got the original Tiger Stadium sign hanging across his office wall. lol
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Driving to Santa Clara will definitely not have the same feel as driving to hunters point

Yep, less of a chance running over a bum now.

Or getting shot up on the way there.

I was always more concerned about getting shot idling in the traffic jam in the ghetto where everyone is trying to get on the freeway...
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Driving to Santa Clara will definitely not have the same feel as driving to hunters point

Yep, less of a chance running over a bum now.

Or getting shot up on the way there.

I was always more concerned about getting shot idling in the traffic jam in the ghetto where everyone is trying to get on the freeway...

we all know the most likely is being stabbed in the parking lot
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I guess it will take some time getting used to the 49ers being in Santa Clara. I know at first it's going to feel like something is missing from the city. Most cities that build new stadiums do it right next to the old one so that emptiness is never really felt. The Stick is going to be gone. That'll feel weird.
They should put a historical marker at the precise spot where Dwight Clark's feet touched down in the endzone of The Catch. The Stick will be missed. Some of the greatest players and teams of all time called it home.
Go and buy some seats - have you ever watched the Antique Road Show - those seat will be worth some real$ someday.
Growing up, my first baseball game and football game were at Candlestick. The guys sitting in front of us at the football games would openly smoke joints and get staggering drunk (late 70s). I even remember when they played on artificial turf. There was a wide receiver, I think his name was McGee, and he came crashing down on that cement like artificial surface and broke his leg.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Growing up, my first baseball game and football game were at Candlestick. The guys sitting in front of us at the football games would openly smoke joints and get staggering drunk (late 70s). I even remember when they played on artificial turf. There was a wide receiver, I think his name was McGee, and he came crashing down on that cement like artificial surface and broke his leg.

God I remember that crap. The parking lot actually looked softer than that turf.
gonna get a seat, lol

ME TOO! I want a seat damnit!

But... I live in LA. I will pay $100-$250 for a damn seat!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by afflecksloverboy:
gonna get a seat, lol

this.

That.

Someone hook me up please!

They will probably sell the seats like they did with the Old yankee stadium

I hope so!!!!!

I remember going to a Giants game at the 'stick on my 30th birthday on June 18, 1991. It was so effing cold that night that you couldn't hold a beer in your hand without gloves, and I'm a skier and can deal with cold weather. My girlfriend was recovering from a cold and almost got pneumonia. Football memories aside, the place is a dump and I'll be glad to see it gone.
gonna get a seat, lol

this.

Hell Ya! I'm taking my seat with me!
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
gonna get a seat, lol

this.

Hell Ya! I'm taking my seat with me!

exactly i dont want A seat i want MY seat seat # 21 and 20 lol
Bitter Sweet Memories
That Is All I Am Taking With Me
So Good-bye
Please Don't Cry
We Both Know I'm Not What You You Need

And I Will Always Love You
Will Always Love You
I Hope Life Treats You Kind
And I Hope You Have All You Dreamed Of
And I Wish You Joy And Happiness
But Above All Of This
I Wish You Love

And I Will Always Love You
Will Always Love You
I Will Always Love You
It's a smart move from the city's perspective, because there's really nothing to do with that stadium anymore after the 49ers leave.
Share 49ersWebzone