There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

RB Brandon Jocobs: Like It or Hate It?

RB Brandon Jocobs: Like It or Hate It?

I trust the Harbalke.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
he'd be great for the redzone

Wrong. The man can't push my 1 year old in the shopping cart. And we want him to move the chains. Look at his production last year, particularly the Cowboys games. They were counting on him many times and he almost blew it for the giants. That's why Dallas was in the games, because of numerous short yardage fails.

We shouldn't be surprised if Jacobs doesn't cut it for our championship caliber team
Originally posted by Afrikan:
watch the games again...when Gore was not in there Hunter was there and they'd fit in Dixon when needed...its just that Hunter is a f'n Beast...even though Gore was banged up a bit, he still played as well. The regular season Giants game is when Dixon had to be used alot.

if you watch all of Dixons runs this season and compare them to last year...then you can see he changed up on the dancing...he has been doing a better job running forward.

I think Dixon has better vision than Jacobs...and better acceleration...as well as being more agile when need be.

I think you should take your own advice. Dixon was nearly non existent on offense.
Hes gonna get so much s**t from the defensive guys on this team lol.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I like it until I have a reason to hate it

Nobody should have a reason to hate it other than just having something to b*tch about and to look stupid.

I wouldn't be b***hing if he was any f***ing good. I don't mind trash talk but he can't back his talk anymore.
He complained about getting carries and all sorts of s**t in New York. Now he's brought his tired act to the west coast.
Manningham = Solid Move, Moss = Gamble, Jacobs = GARBAGE.
Haters gonna hate

I believe that he is an upgrade over Dixon. Yeah Dixon did not have much of a role on offense but thats only cuzz the staff didnt trust in his ability to execute. I believe this signing is an anwer to Dixon's failure to convert a crucial 1yd 1st down near the end of the NFC title game. Jacobs is no longer a 1000 yd rusher but he will get those 1yd conversions.
Will like it if he runs like a bullie, however will hate it if he runs like a ballet dancer like he has the last few years....

Has A. Dixon ever done that?
Originally posted by ilikecows699:
reminds me of when we signed brian westrbrook for one year.. lol

If we had this coaching staff that year, Westbrook would have been a great signing.

Jesus, I got nauseated whenever I heard Singletary and Jimmy Raye talk about Westbrook and never play him. On his very first reception, Westbrook caught the ball for like a 12 yard pass. Inexplicably, we never ran that play again. After Singletary ran Frank Gore into the ground and got injured, they reluctantly started Westbrook, who looked much faster and mobile than Gore. He would've gained over 100 yards if they gave him a decent amount of rushes. So so glad that Singlebraincell and Jimmy Raye are gone.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

I've never seen it.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

No.
  • mike
  • Veteran
I like it.

I don't care about his loud mouth or occasional controversial comment.

I don't see why he chose to come here, with Gore and Hunter to compete with it's obviously a crowded situation to have to fight through. He either didn't get as much attention as he expected or only got mediocre offers from loser teams like cleveland.

But he's a good redzone back, same amount of total TDs as Gore last year. At 6'4" he's a nice RZ receiving target as well. His cost is low and it saves us from having to draft a prospect who could be just as mediocre as Dixon. Another mid/late pick that can go to depth at guard, wr, cb, whatever.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Wrong. The man can't push my 1 year old in the shopping cart. And we want him to move the chains. Look at his production last year, particularly the Cowboys games. They were counting on him many times and he almost blew it for the giants. That's why Dallas was in the games, because of numerous short yardage fails.

We shouldn't be surprised if Jacobs doesn't cut it for our championship caliber team

You mean the game against dallas where he ran for 101 yards and 2 touchdowns? Sounds like garbage to me..

Sorry but you're full of s**t.