There are 228 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I hope this is a LOW cost deal where he can be cut at any time. For his size, he doesn't scare anyone as a thumper runner! And he was known as a malcontent in the Giants locker room.

Nope. I'm pretty sure we overpaid.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Gore - Work horse, all-around RB
Jacobs - Short-yardage, goal line, power back
Hunter - Chang-of-pace, speed back

This also tells me the defense will know exactly what we want to do when only Dixon or Hunter is in...or will we have a full house double tight backfield with Vernon and Fleener, playaction with Hunter and Jacobs running opposite flats.

We didn't do a lot of this last year, but when Hatbaugh was at Stanford, he threw a LOT when lined up in jumbo packages/obvious running situations, and he ran a lot when the packages appeared to be more passing personnel. IMO, a back like Jacobs just gives Harbaugh more options.
lets hope he will be angry & motivated next year
I called it!!!! imma find my thread, everyone called me dumb... guess im as smart as baalke..
Originally posted by zozell:
That's why they signed Cartwright

Yep. They know what they are doing. I'm concerned about the RG position but they do have Kilgore/Person. Can't argue with most of Baalke's draft choices so far so....
  • gage
  • Veteran
Damn, that's a bruiser right there.
This guy is just going to be talking s**t about other teams and players we play.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
I called it!!!! imma find my thread, everyone called me dumb... guess im as smart as baalke..

Don't pull a muscle.
Originally posted by baltien:
I hope this is a LOW cost deal where he can be cut at any time. For his size, he doesn't scare anyone as a thumper runner! And he was known as a malcontent in the Giants locker room.

With the history of Baalke and this late in FA, maybe not overpaid.
Originally posted by baltien:

What does it matter if we overpaid or not? Plus, this FO has done enough quality deals over the last few years to earn a little trust from the fans, IMO.

• dj43
Originally posted by sspiker:
Gore is the work horse, Jacobs is the back-up who spells Gore, and Hunter is almost exclusively a COP/3rd down back. Hunter is too much of a liability in pass protection to do much else.

EDIT: Not to say Hunter isn't willing or doesn't know how, but he's too small, and could get trucked by a cornerback.

eh, Hunter became quite good in pass protection as the season went on.
Originally posted by Joecool:
This also tells me the defense will know exactly what we want to do when only Dixon or Hunter is in...or will we have a full house double tight backfield with Vernon and Fleener, playaction with Hunter and Jacobs running opposite flats.

this aint madden
Jacobs is a good back to come in for Gore when he is tired. He is another bruiser that can help us wear down a defense all game.
I think this also brings in some guys to the locker room that have some veteran leadership in the playoffs.
IF Rathman can get him to not dance in the hole, and IF this is a contract that's low on the guaranteed money, then I can deal with this. I'm not as worried about the whole "bad guy in the locker room" thing as much anymore. Braylon Edwards found out that lack of effort and a bad attitude will get you sent home quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Jacobs can be a bit of a knucklehead on the field, tho. Was it the Saints game where he was dancing after scoring a TD, even though the Giants were still down big?
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

You can save the research. I will still call the move dumb until it produces big results during the season. If he proves to be a good signing, not a big crap talker who runs soft, then I will say it was a good signing. Until then, not a fan of the move.
Share 49ersWebzone