LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mario Manningham, Brandon jacobs, both NYG??? guess we are trying to take them back to the superbowl...
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Gore is the work horse, Jacobs is the back-up who spells Gore, and Hunter is almost exclusively a COP/3rd down back. Hunter is too much of a liability in pass protection to do much else.

EDIT: Not to say Hunter isn't willing or doesn't know how, but he's too small, and could get trucked by a cornerback.

eh, Hunter became quite good in pass protection as the season went on.

Agreed, and he had a good reputation in college and at the senior bowl for showing solid technique and toughness in pass protection.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
I called it!!!! imma find my thread, everyone called me dumb... guess im as smart as baalke..

You can save the research. I will still call the move dumb until it produces big results during the season. If he proves to be a good signing, not a big crap talker who runs soft, then I will say it was a good signing. Until then, not a fan of the move.

obviousley lol!
The TIPTOE BURGLAR??? Oh god. Im a 9ers fan living in NJ, 10 minutes from the Meadowlands. Unfortunately Ive watched as many Giants games as I have 9ers games. Ive seen every snap of Jacobs entire career. He is not the answer as our short yardage back. He's just like Dixon, dancing at the line instead of hammering his huge frame into the teeth of the D. I know the FO was done with Dixon after he couldnt convert that critical 3rd and 1 in the NFC Championship game, but I thought they would address that need in the draft.

Cant say I love it, but after last year, I gotta go with whatever HarBalke thinks is best. Just not sure he's that much of an upgrade over Dixon.
If its a low ball deal i like it.... however he does have a big mouth, runs kinda soft and Rice called him out lolI trust coach to whip him into beast mode and its your on board or your thrown overboard GO ninerS!!!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

last year
Originally posted by Joecool:
Gore - Work horse, all-around RB
Jacobs - Short-yardage, goal line, power back
Hunter - Chang-of-pace, speed back

This also tells me the defense will know exactly what we want to do when only Dixon or Hunter is in...or will we have a full house double tight backfield with Vernon and Fleener, playaction with Hunter and Jacobs running opposite flats.

We didn't do a lot of this last year, but when Hatbaugh was at Stanford, he threw a LOT when lined up in jumbo packages/obvious running situations, and he ran a lot when the packages appeared to be more passing personnel. IMO, a back like Jacobs just gives Harbaugh more options.

Your right Ghost. I could also see some naked bootlegs by Smith on short yardage situations
Interesting, did Jacobs even visit the 9ers? This would have to be a well covered up signing to just come to light now. Yeah as someone mentioned hes going to be great in short yardage but he can break the long ones to.
Didn't see this. But I like it. Gore, Jacobs, Hunter: This is not going to be good for the NFL . My only problem is that we are bringing way too many characters. I'm concerned we are risking a locker-room or even sideline disruption for the sake of talent.
What does it matter if we overpaid or not? Plus, this FO has done enough quality deals over the last few years to earn a little trust from the fans, IMO.

Sarcasm.......you missed it.

Moss, Manningham, Jacobs if any of them start getting out of line they will get to know Patrick Willis and Justin Smith.
Depth, competition and a reliable 4th down back.

If you view this as a minor signing, it's a great move. Don't expect too much from him.
[ Edited by northvan49erman on Mar 28, 2012 at 9:01 AM ]
Originally posted by Schulzy:

last year

Last year they won the Super Bowl, so they somehow made it work. TAKE THAT!!!!
WOW!!
How does Gore take this? Would he be up for the challenge or does a Matt Forte?
Share 49ersWebzone