Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Did you see who was downfield? Plaxico Burress. How many years ago was he trucking anybody. Look he's not good anymore. He's better than Dixon
but now Kendall Hunter loses some snaps for the garbage loudmouth. This is a bad move. I had to rewind it when I first heard about this. I was hoping they said Raiders, but they said 49ers. I immediately started cursing. Money down the drain. Where are the stats that tell you this guys will get you the 1st down when you need it.

wow dude, its a 1 year deal he can be cut anytime, theres no risk.....calm down

this is the problem I have with this....loading the roster with 1-2 year deals eats into the final 53, this signing just stopped us from taking a RB in the draft IMO

I disagree, they could easily cut Dixon and draft a late round RB who will play special teams as well.

do the math...we have 6 on the roster right now

Jacobs is not a lock to make the team if a KID impresses he's gone he's the 3rd back for God Sake
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Oh Yeah ..Jacobs, Sopoaga and Miller in the backfield ..with Boone and Davis at TE's

Cant wait to see the jumbo sets for short yardage
This. Lots of new options on third down.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Oh Yeah ..Jacobs, Sopoaga and Miller in the backfield ..with Boone and Davis at TE's

Cant wait to see the jumbo sets for short yardage
This. Lots of new options on third down.

alot of beef.
Green Right Slot Spider 2 Y Banana

Jacobs better catch the banana
People people people just because the team signs an old guy to a one or two year deal for the leafue minimum doesnt mean they'll make the 53 man roster. I like what we are doimg. Low risk high reward signing. Ill take Jacobs over Dixon.
By the way how is Jacobs hands? Good enough to use a wishbone with Gore?
Originally posted by kingairta:
By the way how is Jacobs hands? Good enough to use a wishbone with Gore?

Wait what?
Originally posted by ninertico:
Did you see who was downfield? Plaxico Burress. How many years ago was he trucking anybody. Look he's not good anymore. He's better than Dixon
but now Kendall Hunter loses some snaps for the garbage loudmouth. This is a bad move. I had to rewind it when I first heard about this. I was hoping they said Raiders, but they said 49ers. I immediately started cursing. Money down the drain. Where are the stats that tell you this guys will get you the 1st down when you need it.

this is the problem I have with this....loading the roster with 1-2 year deals eats into the final 53, this signing just stopped us from taking a RB in the draft IMO

Why does it necessarily stop them from drafting one especially if one drops to them that they covet?

Still, I hear you man.

Because a rookie wont beat out Gore, Hunter, Miller, or Jacobs for playing time. Rock will be a ST guy so we dont have the room on the roster for another guy...cant keep 6 RB's on the 53, we dont have the space.
Doesn't preclude us taking a RB at all, Jacobs, Rock, and Dixon are all expendable if a rookie comes in and competes better. Norris is gone, Byham can fill in at FB in the event Miller gets injured. So it allows us to keep an extra RB if thats what the coaches want to do. Gore gets injured on an annual basis, the team could easily draft a RB anywhere they want and cut Dixon to make room.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I hate it. Going on record saying I do not like the move

Agreed. I hope things end well, but with this guy - I have a felling they won't.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by ninertico:

Why does it necessarily stop them from drafting one especially if one drops to them that they covet?

Still, I hear you man.

Because a rookie wont beat out Gore, Hunter, Miller, or Jacobs for playing time. Rock will be a ST guy so we dont have the room on the roster for another guy...cant keep 6 RB's on the 53, we dont have the space.
Doesn't preclude us taking a RB at all, Jacobs, Rock, and Dixon are all expendable if a rookie comes in and competes better. Norris is gone, Byham can fill in at FB in the event Miller gets injured. So it allows us to keep an extra RB if thats what the coaches want to do. Gore gets injured on an annual basis, the team could easily draft a RB anywhere they want and cut Dixon to make room.

Jacobs like Moss will come into camp with a chip on their shoulder....cant see any rookie beating them out in camp.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Jacobs is not a lock to make the team if a KID impresses he's gone he's the 3rd back for God Sake

Jacobs is built like a DE who can run. Would have to be a awesome rookie to beat out a vet......just dont see it.
Do you want a guy who is a known commodity and contribute riht away or an unknown who may take a couple years to even crack the 53 man roster. Like I said earlier its a low risk high reward signing. Its not like he is replacing Gore. People over react. I personally like the signing. It gives the staff options come training camp.
madden will be a lot more fun
Originally posted by YungAce:

This. I didn't think of it till u mentioned it. Moss & Jacobs and Manningham.
Originally posted by SFATeflonDon:
Originally posted by YungAce:

This. I didn't think of it till u mentioned it. Moss & Jacobs and Manningham.

Be prepared to see a lot of opponents as the 9ers in game lobbies.... even more than last year