There are 208 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
happy to have him her. I think he will show up big this year.

love that he is a Niner fan! you know the man will bring his A game for this team ( his favorite team) gonna be a great year!

co-signed. Looking forward to seeing him convert 3rd and 1s. I think we might have more of a 3 headed backfield this year with Gore, Hunter, and Jacobs. Not too sure Gore will like that though.
Really good interview by Kegly
http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/One-on-One-with-Brandon-Jacobs/dd0e225f-18b9-4dfe-a14b-15aaaffef2a7

Conference call...
http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/ninersvideo
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 7, 2012 at 2:14 AM ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Brandon Jacobs interview on joining the 49ers

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/04/06/jacobs-excited-to-join-49ers-after-rooting-for-them-since-he-was-8-wants-ball-on-goal-line/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

So he's been a 49ers fan since he was eight and still cheered for them as a player. Jacobs: 1. Willis: 0.

BLASPHEMY GOOD SIR!
id love to see him play for us this season.. But honestly i wouldnt be suprised if he didnt make the final roster.. We might all dislike Dixons lack of running.. But if jacobs plays like he has the last few yrs hes soft.. And Doesnt participate in Special teams, which Dixon does.. And i love Dixons Energy just wish he would put that into running the ball.
Originally posted by jmerl:
Jacobs not only fits very well with what we need but he is a GREAT locker room guy. He plays with a ton of passion and has proven he's a winner. Gore cant go the whole season without getting banged up and this ensures we will still have a power runner there to go with Hunter when Frank has to take some time off (inevitable). He also is a great short yardage option obviously and a guy the defense has to key on when he's in the game. I love this signing.

I hope you're right. I think he's weakling in a big body. The way he called out the Jets for hitting knees, the way he said we better not lead with our helmets..

If I heard Frank say that stuff it'd break my heart. Brandon Jacobs is my least favorite player in the NFL and I hope he doesn't make our roster.
Originally posted by Engleburger:
Originally posted by jmerl:
Jacobs not only fits very well with what we need but he is a GREAT locker room guy. He plays with a ton of passion and has proven he's a winner. Gore cant go the whole season without getting banged up and this ensures we will still have a power runner there to go with Hunter when Frank has to take some time off (inevitable). He also is a great short yardage option obviously and a guy the defense has to key on when he's in the game. I love this signing.

I hope you're right. I think he's weakling in a big body. The way he called out the Jets for hitting knees, the way he said we better not lead with our helmets..

If I heard Frank say that stuff it'd break my heart. Brandon Jacobs is my least favorite player in the NFL and I hope he doesn't make our roster.

lol He was 5/7 converting 3rd and 1 for NYG last year, our team was like 15/37 I believe. If he can do that for us I don't care what he says about him being soft lol.

btw he's right, the Jets are lame.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
co-signed. Looking forward to seeing him convert 3rd and 1s. I think we might have more of a 3 headed backfield this year with Gore, Hunter, and Jacobs. Not too sure Gore will like that though.

I hope they use Gore less. I like the guy, but he's wearing down.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

Yeah I think Jacobs kind of becomes the short yardage guy and Hunter becomes the guy on 3rd and long or 3rd and medium in a Sproles type of role. Like I said before I'm not sure Gore will like it because he loves to play, but he was banged up a lot even last year with the ankle, and then some other minor injuries. By the time we got to the NYG game hewas coming out on certain plays. If he would've been healthy on 3rd and 1 where Dixon gets tripped up, we probably get another FG and win the game.
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
happy to have him her. I think he will show up big this year.

love that he is a Niner fan! you know the man will bring his A game for this team ( his favorite team) gonna be a great year!

Based on his past 2 years he will bring his C game
Still iffy on the signing. Sounds like he will have no problem buying into the system, and that's great atleast. Maybe he will run his mouth less and move his feet more.

I think Jacobs will spell Gore a good bit. Gore is the workhorse, but it was apparent last year that he wore down as the season progressed. I bet Jacobs gets a lot of 1st/2nd down carries when we are well ahead in a game. I also think he will add a dimension that Hunter and Dixon are unable to provide in the sense that you knew Kendall was going outside and Dixon was going inside. It kind of blows because I would love for Gore to get the 10,000 yd. mark before retiring, I just don't think it's gonna happen. It is even less likely with Jacobs cutting into his carries. Whatever is best for the team though!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Based on his past 2 years he will bring his C game
his c game is better than dixons a game at this point in time, Maybe this is what dixon needs and maybe he will ramp it up in the off season and pre season. If he does it would be better for us in our long term future, if not, good bye dixon
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Harbaugh knows how to motivate players and SF will be a fresh of air for Jacobs. It's a good signing.

He will give Gore a fresh life late in the season by taking some of the time early. A healthy Gore in the playoffs may have made a difference! Interesting backfield that will give DCs headaches for a few years.
Watching this Lions/49ers game over on NFL Network makes me more happy we signed a legit short yards back. f**k Dixon.
Share 49ersWebzone