LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Brandon Jacobs a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
thank god i never forgave dixon for not getting a yard on third and 1 in the nfc championship game.
  • elfeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i can see it now, 3rd and short the defense stacking everyone in the box thinking the ball is going to jacobs only for alex to play action fake it to jacobs and overthrow a wide open Manningham in the endzone.

fixed
re-fixed.
http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2529005.aspx

Giants fans are generally disappointed they lost him.

I think this is a good signing. It is another low risk - high reward. Yes he is 30 but has been on the field consistently for only 5 years, so the wear and tear might not be as bad as it seems.
Originally posted by elfeo:
i can see it now, 3rd and short the defense stacking everyone in the box thinking the ball is going to jacobs only for Josh Johnson to play action fake it to jacobs and hits a wide open Kendall Wright in the endzone.

fixed
re-fixed.

re-re-fixed.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Wow, my most hated player in the league goes to SF.

Worst signing since Lawrence Phillips.

A no-talent, washed up bum that runs his mouth every chance he gets, putting added/undue pressure on his team.

HATE HATE HATE THIS MOVE. I watch the Giants constantly and this guy is a hack.

How did that undue pressure work out for the Giants?
Oh yeah that's right 2 SBs...
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Wow, my most hated player in the league goes to SF.

Worst signing since Lawrence Phillips.

A no-talent, washed up bum that runs his mouth every chance he gets, putting added/undue pressure on his team.

HATE HATE HATE THIS MOVE. I watch the Giants constantly and this guy is a hack.

How did that undue pressure work out for the Giants?
Oh yeah that's right 2 SBs...

I was hoping for Tolbert, but Brandon Jacobs was next on my list for physical backs that could punch the ball through near the goal line. Gore is not really that guy, and Dixon might as well be a 5-8, 180 back, since he can't utilize his size. I guess this means Boobie's tweets are going to be gone, finally!
  • elfeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by elfeo:
i can see it now, 3rd and short the defense stacking everyone in the box thinking the ball is going to jacobs only for Josh Johnson to play action fake it to jacobs and hits a wide open Kendall Wright in the endzone.

fixed
re-fixed.

re-re-fixed.

now THAT is fine with me.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
short yardage back, that is all. Basically Dixon's replacement since his b***hass couldn't gain half a yard if his life depended on it. It's not like this dude is going to be our feature back, simma down! SIMMA!!!
Originally posted by cciowa:
esp since its just a one year deal, we are not out anything.

Meh,not really out much I guess.

Originally posted by verb1der:
So what does this mean for Dixon?

Well, we won't be keeping all three of Jacobs, Rock, and Dixon.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Deion Sanders called him the tip-toe burglar. Maybe Rathman can exorcise the pansy dancing b***h out of him and return him to a good downhill runner.

This
I like this signing. Holds us over through next year with a good crew and to the 2013 draft that will be packed with some great RB talent!
I like this move. Dixon is not getting the job done. I think Jacobs will be a good situational back. Also I think our O-Line is more aggressive than the giants in the run game. I think he will be a good short yardage back and will contribute to this team. His best years are behind him but he is still a huge man who is hard to bring down. Also we got him for cheap so it's not like it's a huge gamble for us.
AWESOME SIGNING. -Totally love it, this guy is a 3rd down solution not only on short yardage, but also mismatches; put Gore and Jacobs out in one package, people will think we're running when both RBs are capable of catching the ball on passing routes.

This will be the sleeper FA reward for us in the end.
Share 49ersWebzone