There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can Willis make the HOF with...

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Feel free to shoot me down, but after reading this I started to wonder if we are seeing the transformation of the LB postion with Willis and maybe Bowman being the first proto types....

Willis says that versatility is essential when playing in defensive coordinator Vic Fangio's system.

"In our defense, we don't want to have any weaknesses," Willis said. "I'm not saying we're a perfect defense, because we're not. There are a lot of things we have to continue to work on and get better at. When you're able to have linebackers that can get out in the slot and have to drop into coverage and have to cover man-to-man, be able to move and do what DBs do, it pays off. Those are some of the things we're working on and trying to polish up and get better at during this time."

Has any D in the history of the NFL used their LBs in the same way???

NCommand, anybody.....

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/05/02/linebackers-show-no-weaknesses/

The only problem I see with this is that there aren't any other humans capable of doing what Willis and Bowman do!
Since Patrick will be a lock to make the HOF, the real question is could Navarro Bowman make the Hall? How bout Justin Smith? (i don't think so because it may be a little late for him)
He needs to continue his tremendous play at least until his 30's to warrant consideration for the hall of fame. But I think at that point, he'd be a lock, especially if he got a ring.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
yes
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Feel free to shoot me down, but after reading this I started to wonder if we are seeing the transformation of the LB postion with Willis and maybe Bowman being the first proto types....

Willis says that versatility is essential when playing in defensive coordinator Vic Fangio's system.

"In our defense, we don't want to have any weaknesses," Willis said. "I'm not saying we're a perfect defense, because we're not. There are a lot of things we have to continue to work on and get better at. When you're able to have linebackers that can get out in the slot and have to drop into coverage and have to cover man-to-man, be able to move and do what DBs do, it pays off. Those are some of the things we're working on and trying to polish up and get better at during this time."

Has any D in the history of the NFL used their LBs in the same way???

NCommand, anybody.....

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/05/02/linebackers-show-no-weaknesses/

Just ask this guy. I don't think he's ever dealt with 2 ILB's with more talent than what we have:

So I was hanging out with my brother in-law this weekend and I guess he occasionally worksout at the boxing Gym Gore hangs out at. He was telling me how he was chopping it up with Gore and PWilly came up. He told me Gore said PWilly is such a monster in the gym that nobody wants to workout with him on the team. Dude spends like like 2 hours on one muscle and then goes on a long run. While hes just getting warmed up, dudes are tapping out. I thought it was pretty cool. I know, cool story bro....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jun 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM ]
Couple more years of high level play and a super bowl or two and he would be first ballot.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Patrick Willis will be giving a bust in the HOF for every tackle, 3,453,632 tackles in 26 years with the 49ers.. Forcing the HOF to buy three quarters of the state in real estate.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home