There are 221 users in the forums

Can Willis make the HOF with...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DirtyP:
He needs a ring and several more years of excellence.

Years yes. Ring, no... but it would help.

Urlacher will probably get in... which would mean Willis will too if his career continues on the trajectory it is currently on.
I still think Willis is only getting better. I could see his sack totals go up a little next year now that we know what we have in Bowman.
I would think it would. However, Cris Carter and Shannon Sharpe both were in 8 Pro Bowls and still not in the HOF.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Urlacher will probably get in... which would mean Willis will too if his career continues on the trajectory it is currently on.

Urlacher will not get in the hall of fame.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would think it would. However, Cris Carter and Shannon Sharpe both were in 8 Pro Bowls and still not in the HOF.

Shannon Sharpe is in the hall breh
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think if by this point he wins a Superbowl, and has 2-3 more consecutive Pro Bowls it's a lock (at least a Superbowl). -Bowman is catching up with Willis though, and if Willis plays invisible again on the D next year N-VO will be taking his place for years to come.

You obviously wasn't watching the same games we were.

Like it or not, Bowman was our best LB last year.
if cortex kennedy got in then willis should
I think if by this point he wins a Superbowl, and has 2-3 more consecutive Pro Bowls it's a lock (at least a Superbowl). -Bowman is catching up with Willis though, and if Willis plays invisible again on the D next year N-VO will be taking his place for years to come.

You can't be serious. Bowman is a good linebacker but he is not in the same league as Willis. You saw him make more plays because Patrick Willis was in man coverage on passing downs while Bowman was left to roam the field. Defensive coordinators call this maximizing your talent.

Yet Bowman still made the plays without Willis when he was hurt. Bowman is the real deal.

Shannon Sharpe is in the hall breh

Oh you are right. Just got in. Thanks,

Sharpe is in, Carter was partly a matter of unfortunate timing being that he was really good but playing during the time some of the best of all time were in their prime...he compiled some nice stats but was never the best at his position and normally wasn't even in the top 3 at his position.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I thought they both played well.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
If he got hurt tomorrow, he'd be on the fringe of getting in.

2 or 3 more? Definitely. Most likely tho he'll make alot more than that. At this point, he's become an "automatic" that people just vote for without even watching him.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't make at least 10 of them.

If he got hurt tomorrow no way he would get in, he needs about 4 more years of this type of production to get in.

No way.

If he was a WR, than I'd agree with you because the Hall seems to hate them. LOL.

There are players currently in the Hall with fewer Pro Bowl and All-Pro credentials.

Earl Campbell only had 5 good years and only played 7. Hall of Famer.

Gayle Sayers only only had 5 good years. Hall of Famer.

I'm not saying Patrick is a slam-dink right now. I'm saying he'd be on the fringe.

If he goes 4 more years at his current production, he's not a Hall of Famer, he's a FIRST BALLOT Hall of Famer.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Mar 26, 2012 at 5:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Youngb:

Hahahahahaha. Absolutely brilliant. Point well made.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Urlacher will not get in the hall of fame.

We'll see...
Originally posted by 49erRider:

based on......? Tackles numbers?

I'd have to dig through the numbers but Bowman didn't seem as effective when Willis was out. Plus it was on his solo watch the RB 100 yard streak ended. Willis played on much s**tter teams and played at an elite level. So I'm curious why you would say Bowman was our best LB?
Share 49ersWebzone