There are 235 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can Willis make the HOF with...

Originally posted by SportsFan:
I know eh. I wasn't going to respond but the football intelligence on this board is laughable at best.

You would think Snakes is reputable with his post count but in this case ... I can't even say it cause I will get warned.

Wrong. The football intelligence on this board is very good. Unfortunately, some posters either like to wind people up or have strange ideas. Which they are entitled to.

If the football intelligence on this board is indeed "laughable at best" I wonder why you post here.
Originally posted by English:
I know eh. I wasn't going to respond but the football intelligence on this board is laughable at best.

You would think Snakes is reputable with his post count but in this case ... I can't even say it cause I will get warned.

Wrong. The football intelligence on this board is very good. Unfortunately, some posters either like to wind people up or have strange ideas. Which they are entitled to.

If the football intelligence on this board is indeed "laughable at best" I wonder why you post here.

For the parking lott. f**kers are crazy on here

I was thinking the same thing.....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I was thinking the same thing.....

You want me banned because I questioned the football knowledge of people on this board?

I believe my statement is correct when someone posts "Willis was invisible this past year". And I don't believe for a second he was just trying to wind people up or this is some crazy idea (since it isn't an idea, it is a statement). Anyone who believes Willis was invisible this past year has no idea what they are talking about. Willis had an amazing year.

For the parking lott. f**kers are crazy on here

I don't think you got my point. So I will be blunt. You post another general insult like that, I bounce your warning level 25%.
  • NONAME
  • Veteran
I don't think you got my point. So I will be blunt. You post another general insult like that, I bounce your warning level 25%.

[ Edited by NONAME on Mar 28, 2012 at 5:07 PM ]
  • NONAME
  • Veteran
You want me banned because I questioned the football knowledge of people on this board?

I believe my statement is correct when someone posts "Willis was invisible this past year". And I don't believe for a second he was just trying to wind people up or this is some crazy idea (since it isn't an idea, it is a statement). Anyone who believes Willis was invisible this past year has no idea what they are talking about. Willis had an amazing year.

This! Willis is only going to keep getting better too!
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Awesomeness! I love me some Patrick Willis and Kenny Powers.

I know you are being serious and obviously this is a serious issue on the forum, but I have to admit, this made me laugh a little.
i wonder if a superbowl victory and another pro bowl could put frank in the hall...i doubt it but it'd be nice
Feel free to shoot me down, but after reading this I started to wonder if we are seeing the transformation of the LB postion with Willis and maybe Bowman being the first proto types....

Willis says that versatility is essential when playing in defensive coordinator Vic Fangio's system.

"In our defense, we don't want to have any weaknesses," Willis said. "I'm not saying we're a perfect defense, because we're not. There are a lot of things we have to continue to work on and get better at. When you're able to have linebackers that can get out in the slot and have to drop into coverage and have to cover man-to-man, be able to move and do what DBs do, it pays off. Those are some of the things we're working on and trying to polish up and get better at during this time."

Has any D in the history of the NFL used their LBs in the same way???

NCommand, anybody.....

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/05/02/linebackers-show-no-weaknesses/
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 2, 2012 at 8:18 PM ]
no one should quote # of pro bowls when discussing HOF credentials, the discussion should surround how many times a player is ALL PRO. that is the legitimate measure as opposed to the pro bowl where its not only a popularity contest but also lot of players bow out due to injury thus making undeserving players pro bowlers.

and on the topic of all pro's...PW is a 4x ALL PRO

he's well on his way to canton at this pace
The HOF will get Willised a day after he retires. The waiting period doesn't apply and will also get Willised
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Feel free to shoot me down, but after reading this I started to wonder if we are seeing the transformation of the LB postion with Willis and maybe Bowman being the first proto types....

Willis says that versatility is essential when playing in defensive coordinator Vic Fangio's system.

"In our defense, we don't want to have any weaknesses," Willis said. "I'm not saying we're a perfect defense, because we're not. There are a lot of things we have to continue to work on and get better at. When you're able to have linebackers that can get out in the slot and have to drop into coverage and have to cover man-to-man, be able to move and do what DBs do, it pays off. Those are some of the things we're working on and trying to polish up and get better at during this time."

Has any D in the history of the NFL used their LBs in the same way???

NCommand, anybody.....

http://blog.49ers.com/2012/05/02/linebackers-show-no-weaknesses/

it happens all the time, it so happens that it seems like teams only have 1 backer who is skilled enough to be disruptive in these areas. the niners a greedy and dang lucky that they have 3 backers who they believe are capable.

qb's will see smoke and mirrors before looking through their ear hole

go niners!!
[ Edited by Allx9er on May 2, 2012 at 9:14 PM ]
He can retire now & make it.