There are 387 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 49ers WR Corps

Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
agreed. we need to pick up at least 2 WR's in the draft

2?
yes 2. Crabs, Moss, Manningham, Ginn, High draft pick, mid to low draft pick. i think were keepin 6
I'm sorry, but all this Crabtree sux stuff? Really? Crabtree has done nothing but get better and better year in and year out. He has molded himself into a great #2, especially in the slot.

And not a Harbaugh guy? Are you kidding me? He is always out there trying to set up a block for Gore or Hunter. Hell, watch the second Arizona game last year if you don't believe me. Why does Gore get into the endzone on his long TD run? Because Crabtree is done the field blocking the safety.

Crabtree is here to stay. I'm looking forward to see him with this revamped WR core next year. It's gonna be fun!
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
2?

I hesitate to put words into his mouth, but I'm assuming he means one around round three and another in the cellar. Given the uncertainty we have at the position and depending upon where the chips fall in the draft, that doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

i suppose in that case. i could see us grabbing one early to mid-round, but there are other positions of need too to potentially go for early on.. DE, DT, etc
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

2?
yes 2. Crabs, Moss, Manningham, Ginn, High draft pick, mid to low draft pick. i think were keepin 6

We have williams too dude.. and he's a solid WR in terms of depth.

Moss, Crabs, Manningham, Williams, Ginn, + 2 more? that's 7. plus we still have VD and Walker.
i suppose in that case. i could see us grabbing one early to mid-round, but there are other positions of need too to potentially go for early on.. DE, DT, etc

I'm with ya. WR is perhaps our most glaring need, but there are more important needs to be addressed in this draft.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
"Our WR's are horrible!"
Result? Other teams sign them to big contracts.

"Our offensive line is horrible!"
Result? Other teams sign our worst guys to big contracts.

We go through the same b******t every single year.

I'd like you to name the WRs that were signed to big contracts. Pretty please.
Certainly the WR corps is better than last season, but that is not saying that much. Moss is really washed up, manningham runs bad routes (trust me, I see it living in NJ) and Crabtree just never has grabbed being the #1. Williams , if still on the team, is a slot receiver at best, Ginn is beast at returns only. Bottom line, upgrade in the draft immediately.
I still say we draft two WR. One of the wideouts on the roster will not make the roster. One rookie wideout will be on practice squad.

I would rather keep williams than crabtree TBH.

My depth chart to start the season would look something like, Manningham, Moss, Rookie, Williams, Ginn, Rookie.

I would trade crabtree for what i could get. No im not a fan of crabtrees, call me a hater if you like.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

2?

Your forgetting Kyle Williams. Sure a lot of people hate on him, but I don't think the coaching staff feels the same way. plus I think hes a pretty decent receiver.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I still say we draft two WR. One of the wideouts on the roster will not make the roster. One rookie wideout will be on practice squad.

I would rather keep williams than crabtree TBH.

My depth chart to start the season would look something like, Manningham, Moss, Rookie, Williams, Ginn, Rookie.

I would trade crabtree for what i could get. No im not a fan of crabtrees, call me a hater if you like.

Absolutely crazy to waste 2 draft picks on WR's when we have other depths concerns at OLB, interior OL, ILB, S and RB.

Please remember we have an undrafted FA that got injured in camp last year - Bogan (sp?). Showed a lot of promise.
I like our wr corps a lot this year moss, crabtree, and mario will compete for the starting spots, best men win... then regardless who wins when we go to 3 wrs... moss and mario outside with crab in the slot, very nice IMO.

But we still need to add a young wr in the draft and i think harbaugh keeps 6-7 wideouts on the roster this, just because of what happen last year with all the injuries..
kyle williams needs to get the hell out of san francisco
Originally posted by Draftology:

This
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

This

If someone could take the time to match up all the people who were singing KW praises in the 2nd half of the season to all the KW haters now, a very good chance you will find them to be the same people!!

For the hundredth time, KW never was a bad receiver. I don't think he had many drops, any fumbles.......

The slot receiver position is an important one. Is there anyone on the team who is better than him in this position?

If Cox can sub for Ginn returning kicks, there's no reason to let KW go as he will never have to return them.

Draft 1 WR, and keep it moving.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Mar 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

This

If someone could take the time to match up all the people who were singing KW praises in the 2nd half of the season to all the KW haters now, a very good chance you will find them to be the same people!!

For the hundredth time, KW never was a bad receiver. I don't think he had many drops, any fumbles.......

The slot receiver position is an important one. Is there anyone on the team who is better than him in this position?

If Cox can sub for Ginn returning kicks, there's no reason to let KW go as he will never have to return them.

Draft 1 WR, and keep it moving.

this. people need to get off KW's nuts, the man is a good receiver.