LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

2012 49ers WR Corps

Shop Find 49ers gear online
IMO I think that Crabs will be traded on or before the draft. Not a JH kind of player. I wonder if Colin Jones could work out at rec he would be able to take the top off of any defence with his speed.
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Crabtree is a number 2. He would be a perfect compliment to a Mike Wallace

ENOUGH WITH THE MIKE WALLACE GARBAGE! No team is going to pay him over $120 million for an eight year contract. He is being ridiculous and so are you if you want the 49ers to break the cap bank in order to get him. Give it a rest already!

Additionally, the 49ers no longer have the cap space for Wallace, so it is a dead issue.

Wait a minute, so you dont think we are going to go after Mike Wallace?
Give Crabtree a good QB and he is a number 1.
Originally posted by Bootlegger:

He will find a good qb if he can make it into camp for the first time in his career.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 24, 2012 at 1:16 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Bootlegger:

He will find a good qb if he can make it into camp for the first time in his career.

Camp? What's that? Not a Crabtree hater but he will have more competition this off season and it will be very interesting to see if his foot holds up. Moss and Manningham appear to me to be similar runners and Crabtree has a very different, unusual style. The DBs have to try to adjust and it should help MC if either Moss or Manningham can stretch them out and draw extra help.

Last year was so dismal it should be a better this year. Smith may still miss Morgan...hard to replace years of rapport building in one off season.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 24, 2012 at 1:26 PM ]
Originally posted by dave1003:
How the hell can you put crabtree on the top of the depth chart especially after his performance in the playoffs. He's a 3 at best.

He is still a top two wide receiver on this team and is still being paid to be our top guy...nuff said.
1. Moss
2. Crabtree/Manningham
3. Williams
4. Ginn

Don't forget our TE's now...

1. Davis
2. Walker
3. Byham

Despite what delusional fans think of Williams, he is still a GOOD quick, fast, slot receiver...With HANDS. He is good depth. Crabs and Mario are a toss up IMO. we will see
[ Edited by defenderDX on Mar 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM ]
agreed. we need to pick up at least 2 WR's in the draft
The guy will never be a 1. Best case scenario he becomes a 2. I would take manningham over him right now. Better route runner, better hands, faster. He was the giants 3 last year and look what he did in the playoffs.

You are unbelievably biased against Crabtree. Had Braylon and Morgan not taken his early season reps and our offense utilized our wr's more he would have eclipsed 1,000 yards. He is three years into the league and has shown promise. "Best case he becomes a 2"? This has to be a joke. He is a GREAT number 2, who has yet to prove he can be a number one week in and week out. Give him a full offseason, extra year in the offense, and then judge. Had we not made the playoffs (where we didn't utilize our WR's) people would be talking about Crabtree as THE breakout player for 2012.

Noone will argue that he's a proven number 1 WR, but your bias against him is undeniable.
Remember 3 of the WR's signed in FA are only one 2 year deal with Manningham and two 1 year deals with Moss and Ginn. With Crabtree and Williams who also have two years left on their contract as well might be possible we dont see none of these guys back in SF after those years are up. I think the coaching staff is establishing a quick fix for this season to scan and analyze these players then gutting out the position all together and building it back up. I could be wrong but its just a thought. I am not predicting what this front office is doing anymore. Nobody knows for sure and I think thats a good thing.

Originally posted by defenderDX:
1. Moss
2. Crabtree/Manningham
3. Williams
4. Ginn

Don't forget our TE's now...

1. Davis
2. Walker
3. Byham

Despite what delusional fans think of Williams, he is still a GOOD quick, fast, slot receiver...With HANDS. He is good depth. Crabs and Mario are a toss up IMO. we will see
If the Quitter (sorry, Moss) is our #1, Crabs our #2, and Ginn anything other than a return guy we are in deep sh_t when the season starts. I agree that people are sleeping on Williams. He's one of the better slot WR in the NFL. He's tough and plays bigger than his size. As it now stands Manningham is our WR option.

Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
The guy will never be a 1. Best case scenario he becomes a 2. I would take manningham over him right now. Better route runner, better hands, faster. He was the giants 3 last year and look what he did in the playoffs.

You are unbelievably biased against Crabtree. Had Braylon and Morgan not taken his early season reps and our offense utilized our wr's more he would have eclipsed 1,000 yards. He is three years into the league and has shown promise. "Best case he becomes a 2"? This has to be a joke. He is a GREAT number 2, who has yet to prove he can be a number one week in and week out. Give him a full offseason, extra year in the offense, and then judge. Had we not made the playoffs (where we didn't utilize our WR's) people would be talking about Crabtree as THE breakout player for 2012.

Noone will argue that he's a proven number 1 WR, but your bias against him is undeniable.
You mean to tell me that going to his 4th season and all we get is promise? Also, when Morgan got hurt and after Edwards was sent packing I was done giving this guy excuses. With only Williams, Ginn and Swain behind him Crabs still played like a #3 WR. To me, the offseason excuse is crap. Nobody had a full season to work with. Hell, he's still trying to build chemistry with his QB after 3 full seasons for God sake. Other than where he was drafted Crabs is no "proven" #1. I truly believe that this coaching staff isn't going to put up with his "promise" after this season. If he's not traded (like I hope) this is going to be the season he has to show why he was drafted 10th. He either moves from promise to production or be gone. If people have a bias against him it's because he's earned it.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Mar 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
agreed. we need to pick up at least 2 WR's in the draft

2?
"Our WR's are horrible!"
Result? Other teams sign them to big contracts.

"Our offensive line is horrible!"
Result? Other teams sign our worst guys to big contracts.

We go through the same b******t every single year.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Remember 3 of the WR's signed in FA are only one 2 year deal with Manningham and two 1 year deals with Moss and Ginn. With Crabtree and Williams who also have two years left on their contract as well might be possible we dont see none of these guys back in SF after those years are up. I think the coaching staff is establishing a quick fix for this season to scan and analyze these players then gutting out the position all together and building it back up. I could be wrong but its just a thought. I am not predicting what this front office is doing anymore. Nobody knows for sure and I think thats a good thing.

This, for sho.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
2?

I hesitate to put words into his mouth, but I'm assuming he means one around round three and another in the cellar. Given the uncertainty we have at the position and depending upon where the chips fall in the draft, that doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.
Share 49ersWebzone