LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

2012 49ers WR Corps

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
How come our WRs can't score tds but other teams WRs can ?

Our WRs definitely need to step up their game. Is it true that the 49ers' WRs lead the league in dropped passes?
Originally posted by PTulini:
Our WRs definitely need to step up their game. Is it true that the 49ers' WRs lead the league in dropped passes?

Every wr drops passes, just watch the other games. As for ours leading that cat., I'd need to see an official stat before I believe it,

It is true... well, we have the highest drop rate when weighing drops + pass attempts.
http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

can do the math on the drops and attempts yourself...
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

can do the math on the drops and attempts yourself...

Someone was throwing the ball too hard.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
This. Williams is that guy that works his butt off, gets open but never gets the ball. Im tired of seeing Crabtree drop the ball. Give KW a wheel route outta the slot or a quick slant, hook or WR screen and watch him do work. Alot has to do with Alex though. I mean look at the teams we've played against, then look at their secondaries. NO REASON IN HELL why SMith shouldnt have had like 10TDs against the jets(not that I have any problem with our win) but im just saying, when a team moves a RB to play CB, you have to pick on that all day. 3 reciever sets or 2 TEs in all day. Detroit and NY both had depleted secondaries and we should have abused them, but then again, when recievers arnt catching the ball, I guess that makes it hard.

When did Alex Smith become the new OC? Did we fire Roman?

Im not talking about the plays called, im talking about hitting open recievers. Decision making, would you throw to reciever in stride who's beating his defender by a yard, 20 yards down the field or would you rather hit the reciever 4yrds up field who's not gonna get any YAC because theres a corner on his back? Like i said, I have no problem how we won, im jsut sayin that it woulda been great to just shread those secondaries that were full of back ups and rookies. a win is a win though so im happy. i'll rephrase what I had said in the other post, there's no reason in hell why Smith couldnt of had 10tds against the Jets.(exaggerating) but yeah.

Kinda hard to believe that Moss is the only reciver with a TD after looking at the teams we've played. WRs gotta find the pay dirt this week
[ Edited by martysofresh on Oct 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM ]
Receiver play stepping up... Looking at production and rating our weapons after week 5.. Top 5 ..

1. Vernon Davis - still our number 1 threat, a mismatch EVERYTIME he is covered by a lb or safety.
2. Michael Crabtree - leads the team in catches, best pure production and chemistry I've seen from him since his rookie year.
3. Mario manningham - the guy has a Super Bowl ring and really has a knack for the ball.. Has made the most of his opportunities.
4. Kyle Williams - kw has a burst and is a big play waiting to happen. He too makes the most of his opportunities, minus last years nfcc game.
5. Randy moss - I will give him credit bc he does open things up underneath when he does get his snaps.. I just think there is more hustle and youth from the guys ahead.
Do you think any of our WRs will reach 1,000 yards this season?
Is Randy Moss doing more harm than good?

• sfout
  • Veteran

lol there people go again. keep it in my thread, if you read my post in it and the posts in the thread itself the title makes sense.
Originally posted by sfout:

lol there people go again. keep it in my thread, if you read my post in it and the posts in the thread itself the title makes sense.

Oh well, s**t happens.
With the exception of Randy Moss, who doesn't get many snaps, and Kyle Williams who doesn't get many balls thrown his way, our receiving core generally lacks size and speed compared to receivers on elite passing teams for example such as the Giants and Green bay. If you shut down Vernon Davis (like the Giants did), and stop Gore, there is a recipe for a loss.. In addition, the receivers have a difficult time with separation. Randy Moss is a decoy at the end of his career and the Giants didn't want Manningham because they have better receivers. Basically we added two receivers from last year, that are playing: Moss and Manningham. Again, Moss doesn't play that much and Manningham is not Alex Smith's go to guy. We also drafted in the first round a wide receiver who doesn't play. There is still a lot of concern for me in this position. I don't see a significant upgrade there.
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Oct 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM ]
WR group is fine. Looks much improved from last season IMO and i was one of its biggest critics.

Crabtree, Manningham, Williams, Jenkins for next season, then draft the big body WR.

The only thing i would change for this season is possibly elevateing Jenkins in replace of Moss.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

Oh well, s**t happens.

Thanks for the concert, I very much enjoyed it.
Share 49ersWebzone