There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 49ers WR Corps

Decided to post this in the WR thread instead of the QB thread.

I don't agree that it should have been a catch but it was a perfect throw. It should have been a catch if it were a stronger receiver such as Crabtree but even Crabs' p***y effort on that wheel route is making me think otherwise.Manningham is what I will use, a "light" runner. The slightest contact will vear him off his desireable path. That little hand check got him off his path but what actually slowed him down was when he looked up to find the ball AFTER the handcheck. Then he found it and burst forward but it was a hair to late.Ginn is also a "light" runner. Kyle Williams is not a light runner. Dude runs choppy but strong and isn't as easily affected from a little normal bumping. (see his TD last year from Alex...was it about 25 yards or so?)Crabtree is the one pissing me off. Dude has all the ability but something just isn't there. I know he can fight for a ball...I've seen it. It could have been just an isolated instance but that wheel route he did not try to jump cradle over Cromartie was very disappointing. Maybe it was because Cromartie and who knows how tight he may have grabbed Crabs arm or whatever but it was not a good attempt.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
This. Williams is that guy that works his butt off, gets open but never gets the ball. Im tired of seeing Crabtree drop the ball. Give KW a wheel route outta the slot or a quick slant, hook or WR screen and watch him do work. Alot has to do with Alex though. I mean look at the teams we've played against, then look at their secondaries. NO REASON IN HELL why SMith shouldnt have had like 10TDs against the jets(not that I have any problem with our win) but im just saying, when a team moves a RB to play CB, you have to pick on that all day. 3 reciever sets or 2 TEs in all day. Detroit and NY both had depleted secondaries and we should have abused them, but then again, when recievers arnt catching the ball, I guess that makes it hard.

When did Alex Smith become the new OC? Did we fire Roman?
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

#49ers Randy Moss is averaging 20 snaps a game. Today, Jim Harbaugh suggested that's not likely to change ...

"I don't rule anything out," Harbaugh said when asked about Moss playing more in the future. "You don't know what circumstances you're going to be in. I don't think there's any doubt he could do it. It's a good mix right now." Were the 49ers trying to save the 35-year-old Moss' legs? "Not really," Harbaugh said. "Not really. We have a lot of combinations. We have a lot of things that we can use right now. It's more that." 3 minutes ago
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

#49ers Randy Moss is averaging 20 snaps a game. Today, Jim Harbaugh suggested that's not likely to change ...

"I don't rule anything out," Harbaugh said when asked about Moss playing more in the future. "You don't know what circumstances you're going to be in. I don't think there's any doubt he could do it. It's a good mix right now." Were the 49ers trying to save the 35-year-old Moss' legs? "Not really," Harbaugh said. "Not really. We have a lot of combinations. We have a lot of things that we can use right now. It's more that." 3 minutes ago

In other words. He can't run block.

We barely pass the ball 25 times, so 20 plays isn't bad.
What people don't realized, all receivers on this team are role players. There is no clear #1 or # 2. We use combination of guys at different times during and throughout the game as needed. Randy isn't a #1 receiver anymore. Randy plays an important role just like other receivers on the team. National media just don't get it because they don't follow this team before they expect something out of Moss.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 4, 2012 at 3:18 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
What people don't realized, all receivers on this team are role players. There is no clear #1 or # 2. We use combination of guys at different times during and throughout the game as needed. Randy isn't a #1 receiver anymore. Randy plays an important role just like other receivers on the team. National media just don't get it because they don't follow this team before they expect something out of Moss.

Thank you...been trying to tell ppl that all off season. And clearly, this proves, even more, we are a TEAM offense where everyone plays a role based on the play called; know your part. But no, there is no #1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may be the #1 receiving option on one play but on the bench the next!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thank you...been trying to tell ppl that all off season. And clearly, this proves, even more, we are a TEAM offense where everyone plays a role based on the play called; know your part. But no, there is no #1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may be the #1 receiving option on one play but on the bench the next!

Do you personally agree with this approach? I was pretty cool with it, but the lack of attention our boys are getting may be partly why they are dropping passes. They lose focus and effort when they aren't getting lots of love, and it also takes longer for Alex and them to get in sync.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Decided to post this in the WR thread instead of the QB thread.

I don't agree that it should have been a catch but it was a perfect throw. It should have been a catch if it were a stronger receiver such as Crabtree but even Crabs' p***y effort on that wheel route is making me think otherwise.Manningham is what I will use, a "light" runner. The slightest contact will vear him off his desireable path. That little hand check got him off his path but what actually slowed him down was when he looked up to find the ball AFTER the handcheck. Then he found it and burst forward but it was a hair to late.Ginn is also a "light" runner. Kyle Williams is not a light runner. Dude runs choppy but strong and isn't as easily affected from a little normal bumping. (see his TD last year from Alex...was it about 25 yards or so?)Crabtree is the one pissing me off. Dude has all the ability but something just isn't there. I know he can fight for a ball...I've seen it. It could have been just an isolated instance but that wheel route he did not try to jump cradle over Cromartie was very disappointing. Maybe it was because Cromartie and who knows how tight he may have grabbed Crabs arm or whatever but it was not a good attempt.
so whats the answer? more draft picks?
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thank you...been trying to tell ppl that all off season. And clearly, this proves, even more, we are a TEAM offense where everyone plays a role based on the play called; know your part. But no, there is no #1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may be the #1 receiving option on one play but on the bench the next!

Do you personally agree with this approach? I was pretty cool with it, but the lack of attention our boys are getting may be partly why they are dropping passes. They lose focus and effort when they aren't getting lots of love, and it also takes longer for Alex and them to get in sync.

been saying this for weeks, the rotation is not good
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,756
Has Jenkins even played a snap?
Originally posted by Chief:
Has Jenkins even played a snap?

dressed 1 game, 0 snaps
  • Chief
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,756
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Chief:
Has Jenkins even played a snap?

dressed 1 game, 0 snaps

That's BS, put him in and bench Moss.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thank you...been trying to tell ppl that all off season. And clearly, this proves, even more, we are a TEAM offense where everyone plays a role based on the play called; know your part. But no, there is no #1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may be the #1 receiving option on one play but on the bench the next!

Do you personally agree with this approach? I was pretty cool with it, but the lack of attention our boys are getting may be partly why they are dropping passes. They lose focus and effort when they aren't getting lots of love, and it also takes longer for Alex and them to get in sync.

been saying this for weeks, the rotation is not good

Man, given the few passes we even attempt, all these receiving packages, tempo, offensive philosophy, etc. it could very well be what is causing these guys to be just a little off...not much...but just enough and it's esp. clear on 3rd downs or critical plays/drives. Its like pinch-hitting. It's hard to come in cold off the bench. We run up 245+ yards on the ground and then ask a cold Alex and WR to connect on a deep ball? Naturally, Alex is going to be a bit off and then it's the WR's time to be a bit off. Culture of the game...I don't know if Roman is grasping this concept IMHO yet; he is still learning these guys.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thank you...been trying to tell ppl that all off season. And clearly, this proves, even more, we are a TEAM offense where everyone plays a role based on the play called; know your part. But no, there is no #1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may be the #1 receiving option on one play but on the bench the next!

Do you personally agree with this approach? I was pretty cool with it, but the lack of attention our boys are getting may be partly why they are dropping passes. They lose focus and effort when they aren't getting lots of love, and it also takes longer for Alex and them to get in sync.

been saying this for weeks, the rotation is not good

Man, given the few passes we even attempt, all these receiving packages, tempo, offensive philosophy, etc. it could very well be what is causing these guys to be just a little off...not much...but just enough and it's esp. clear on 3rd downs or critical plays/drives. Its like pinch-hitting. It's hard to come in cold off the bench. We run up 245+ yards on the ground and then ask a cold Alex and WR to connect on a deep ball? Naturally, Alex is going to be a bit off and then it's the WR's time to be a bit off. Culture of the game...I don't know if Roman is grasping this concept IMHO yet; he is still learning these guys.

They must learn to deal with it. It's tougher for defense to get a gauge on who our tendency to throw the ball to with these combo. That's what most defense play on -- our tendency. Don't want this turn into Smith, but if he can deal with the lack of rhythm passing, then the receivers can deal with the pass catching 'off the bench'.

I think Manningham is starting to 'get it' playing within the combo setting.
How come our WRs can't score tds but other teams WRs can ?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home