There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign QB Josh Johnson

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
The last time we acquired an ex Tampa Bay QB

He was pretty decent

Trent dilfer?

lol this lol
What is it with all of this interest in FA QBs and QB high draft choices lately?

Welcome Josh, I look forward to seeing what you can do.

p.s. I love this front office.
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite · Open If Josh Johnson is ever going to hone his talent, he's gone to the right coach. He's got a LOT of it. Can rip it downfield, runs like wind.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
The last time we acquired an ex Tampa Bay QB

He was pretty decent

Trent dilfer?


I was trying to forget about him
Originally posted by TampaBayNiner:
Living in Tampa and watching him play for the Bucs, I am not too happy about this signing. I know he has familiarity with Harbaugh but I'm pretty sure he has a win less record as a starter. Maybe 1 win but still.

Big time shocker.....our FO is sneaky as a mofo.


Not sure how to read this? Most of what I know about JJ comes from the Zone. I can't really see this guy as veteran back up, because he really doesn't have much starting experience, right? I kind of see this as a direct assult on Kaeperpick. Ultimately however, the best QB will play. My thought is when/if they decide to go with Kaep next year, no way Smith stays as a back up, so its good to groom a guy with similar attributes to be the insurance policy if something happens. I dont think Harbuagh is thinking in terms of this year, but rather when its time to make a decision a year from now. Did I just totally contradict my first two sentences....
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by TampaBayNiner:
Living in Tampa and watching him play for the Bucs, I am not too happy about this signing. I know he has familiarity with Harbaugh but I'm pretty sure he has a win less record as a starter. Maybe 1 win but still.

Who gives a s**t

he won't see the field

If Smith gets injured he might.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
With kaep, Tolzien and Johnson I really don't see how Alex fits on this team

Johnson was the guy some people were all over about being a replacement for Smith going forward. Let their emotion do all the thinking on that one. Didn't have to do with anything that Josh Johnson did to warrant as starter.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 22, 2012 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by TampaBayNiner:
Living in Tampa and watching him play for the Bucs, I am not too happy about this signing. I know he has familiarity with Harbaugh but I'm pretty sure he has a win less record as a starter. Maybe 1 win but still.

Who gives a s**t

he won't see the field

Yeah Johnson will be a solid #3 to compete for the #2 in training camp. -Don't really understand why people think he's gonna be the 'veteran' backup up to Smith (putting an even more pointless knot into Kaep's development than if we had acquired Manning).

This move only signifies that Tolzien is either gone, or off to the practice squad. Harbaugh loves competition, wants the best guy to be motivated enough to succeed at even depth positions.

-In due-diligence Josh will be putting a fire under Kaep's ass, who will be putting a fire under Alex's ass. COMPETITION.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Big time shocker.....our FO is sneaky as a mofo.


Not sure how to read this? Most of what I know about JJ comes from the Zone. I can't really see this guy as veteran back up, because he really doesn't have much starting experience, right? I kind of see this as a direct assult on Kaeperpick. Ultimately however, the best QB will play. My thought is when/if they decide to go with Kaep next year, no way Smith stays as a back up, so its good to groom a guy with similar attributes to be the insurance policy if something happens. I dont think Harbuagh is thinking in terms of this year, but rather when its time to make a decision a year from now. Did I just totally contradict my first two sentences....

I think I speculated the same already, Bro.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by defenderDX:


THIS. Tolzein is better IMO.

truth
Watching Josh Johnson videos, he reminds me of Kaepernick. Long and lanky, though not as tall, with an arm and fast as heck.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/03/inside-the-49ers/niners-sign-qb-josh-johnson-to-2-year-contract/

Apparently Alex better watch out


Meh Grant Cohn doesn't really know much, just spouts off all the time. Personally I don't see JJ challenging Alex for this year after they just guaranteed Alex 7.5 mill this year with another 1.5 in likely to be earned incentives. This is mainly to push Kaepernick I guess, which I'm not really sure I agree with. Either you're confident in Kaep to come in and be your #2 if Alex gets hurt and potentially your QB of the future, or you're not. If we are trying to develop Kaep and we bring in JJ to take snaps from him during practice, I don't really see how that helps him develop.
Serious question. How long into this season until we hear Johnson name called from the stands, regardless if johnson lights it up during preseason?
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Big time shocker.....our FO is sneaky as a mofo.


Not sure how to read this? Most of what I know about JJ comes from the Zone. I can't really see this guy as veteran back up, because he really doesn't have much starting experience, right? I kind of see this as a direct assult on Kaeperpick. Ultimately however, the best QB will play. My thought is when/if they decide to go with Kaep next year, no way Smith stays as a back up, so its good to groom a guy with similar attributes to be the insurance policy if something happens. I dont think Harbuagh is thinking in terms of this year, but rather when its time to make a decision a year from now. Did I just totally contradict my first two sentences....

I think I speculated the same already, Bro.
Where do you think I got the idea......
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 22, 2012 at 8:05 PM ]