LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 187 users in the forums

Do you think Manningham is an upgrade over Morgan ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think Manningham is an upgrade over Morgan ?

Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Curticio11:
Josh Morgan cant do this..

Or this..

Or this..

Might as well cross out morgan and put "Alex Smith"

Sooooo those arn't great catches? Sure the ball placement was great but the WR still has to make the grab

I think the point he was making was do we have the QB to put the ball in these spots for MM to make those catches. Its a legitimate question.

Gotcha, makes sense now but nope we don't have the QB who can place it in those spots
Now that we know that the Niners spent less on Manningham than the Redskins spent on Morgan, a big "YES!".
I think he's better in the sense that he makes big plays. He also has playoff and Super Bowl experience, which means a lot. The fact we signed him for less than the 'Skins paid Morgan is just frosting on the cake. I also think fans will be surprised at Moss...he may be 35, but he ran between 4.39 and 4.44 during his workout for the Saints. He's a hungry player...and often they come back with a vengeance.

Or this..

Or this..

I beg to differ. However, Manningham is if nothing replaces Morgan. It remains to be seen if he's an upgrade. I certainly hope so.
Manningham - 5'11 - 183 lbs
Morgan - 6'0" - 219 lbs

That is crazy Morgan outweighs the guy by nearly 40 lbs!! At only 1 inch difference in height?
Morgan performed well last year before the injury. I'm guessin we'll get about the same production. If your taking the contract into consideration, as well as the fact that MM is still very young, then MM is the better signing.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Manningham - 5'11 - 183 lbs
Morgan - 6'0" - 219 lbs

That is crazy Morgan outweighs the guy by nearly 40 lbs!! At only 1 inch difference in height?

Manningham is a completely different style of receiver though. Morgan was more of a possession guy while I think Manningham is more of a stretch the field deep threat. Should be interesting to see how Crabtree does with two guys next to him who can take the lid off the defense.
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Manningham is a completely different style of receiver though. Morgan was more of a possession guy while I think Manningham is more of a stretch the field deep threat. Should be interesting to see how Crabtree does with two guys next to him who can take the lid off the defense.

Manningham never has been much of a deep threat in the NFL. He's more like a rich man's Kyle Williams, don't hate me.
i think he is...but not by a whole lot
i cant believe how vastly overrated morgan has become on this board

snap out of it, I know its been a while since TO and Rice but you cant just start thinking players like Morgan are good

Manningham>>>>>>>>>>>>>Morgan

Or this..

Or this..

Sooooo those arn't great catches? Sure the ball placement was great but the WR still has to make the grab

I think the point he was making was do we have the QB to put the ball in these spots for MM to make those catches. Its a legitimate question.

Gotcha, makes sense now but nope we don't have the QB who can place it in those spots

lol go back and watch the playoffs then tell alex can't do that.
Best WR on the roster, unless Moss found the fountain of youth.
Originally posted by mike:
^Didn't watch him in 2010.

In 2010 he would have had a pro bowl type season if he were on one winning team the whole year rather then 3 different teams. Tom Brady was even talking about wanting him back this year. Something was missing for the patriots in there superbowl losing season, and something was missing for us. We didn't have a threat outside or someone that required double coverage in the red zone. Who are you going to double cover now with Vernon Davis, Moss, Crabtree, manningham and Walker on the field when we need a score?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
Who are you going to double cover now with Vernon Davis, Moss, Crabtree, manningham and Walker on the field when we need a score?

Staley.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Or this..

Or this..

lol go back and watch the playoffs then tell alex can't do that.

The throws he made in the playoffs do not even compare to the throws Eli made to Manningham when we played them during the regular season and in the NFC championship. They were perfect throws. Oh not to mention the throw in the Super Bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone