LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 337 users in the forums

Do you think Manningham is an upgrade over Morgan ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think Manningham is an upgrade over Morgan ?

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by Curticio11:
Josh Morgan cant do this..

Or this..

Or this..

Might as well cross out morgan and put "Alex Smith"

Sooooo those arn't great catches? Sure the ball placement was great but the WR still has to make the grab

I think the point he was making was do we have the QB to put the ball in these spots for MM to make those catches. Its a legitimate question.

Gotcha, makes sense now but nope we don't have the QB who can place it in those spots

lol go back and watch the playoffs then tell alex can't do that.

The throws he made in the playoffs do not even compare to the throws Eli made to Manningham when we played them during the regular season and in the NFC championship. They were perfect throws. Oh not to mention the throw in the Super Bowl.

But if we didn't have a WR who could get to those spots and make those grabs how do we know we don't have a QB who can do that?

BTW Manningham does a lot of things well. He can get open deep and also he can make something happen on bubble screens. I think Alex can hit him on those atleast lol
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Or this..

Or this..

Sooooo those arn't great catches? Sure the ball placement was great but the WR still has to make the grab

I think the point he was making was do we have the QB to put the ball in these spots for MM to make those catches. Its a legitimate question.

Gotcha, makes sense now but nope we don't have the QB who can place it in those spots

The throws he made in the playoffs do not even compare to the throws Eli made to Manningham when we played them during the regular season and in the NFC championship. They were perfect throws. Oh not to mention the throw in the Super Bowl.

But if we didn't have a WR who could get to those spots and make those grabs how do we know we don't have a QB who can do that?

BTW Manningham does a lot of things well. He can get open deep and also he can make something happen on bubble screens. I think Alex can hit him on those atleast lol

Eli Manning passer rating before Manningham:

2004: 55.4

2005: 75.9

2006: 77.0

2007: 73.9

Eli Manning passer rating with Manningham:

2008: 86.4

2009: 93.1

2010: 85.3

2011: 92.9

I think this speaks for itself.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Yes Morgan was the best on our squad which isn't saying much. Eli passed the ball a lot to different targets and manningham was still successful.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Morgan is a better blocker. Manningham brings better speed.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

wtf elis best year isnt even much better than alexs best year
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Or this..

Or this..

heck yeah, lol

Or this..

Or this..

Lol good point!

Well this yet should settle the debate. I feel we have enough WR/TE talent for Alex to become very good. If he doesn't it's on him IMO
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
no

morgan was on a verge of breaking out he had the most yards when our offense was still limited during the beginning of the season

we also discount the rapport between morgan and alex

Watch Morgan in the games he played before the injury. He was getting open deep, over the middle and was evolving into the go-to receiver.

Or this..

Or this..

Lol good point!

Well this yet should settle the debate. I feel we have enough WR/TE talent for Alex to become very good. If he doesn't it's on him IMO

agreed
I think alex and morgan had really good chemistry making morgan's numbers a little inflated, but still good for us (sorry for Washington). I think if Manningham puts a lot of work in with Alex, it will be a big upgrade. but if he came hoping for peyton, he will end up the same numbers as Morgan

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
no

morgan was on a verge of breaking out he had the most yards when our offense was still limited during the beginning of the season

Watch Morgan in the games he played before the injury. He was getting open deep, over the middle and was evolving into the go-to receiver.

He had 15 rec for 220 yards and 1 TD and 50 of those yards came on 2 plays. He was hardly evolving into a go to WR
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
no

Can't agree with u guys more. Morgan had more talent than most think. You don't go from low draft pick to high price contract for being average.

Either way, manninghams production will be a good Indicaor of how Alex Smith is.
Morgan was coming on and was going to have a break out season, I think hes a better WR overall, and his deal show it, however MM has something that all great WR's have, he can make that great catch in the EZ or on the Side Lines, I think hes a great fit on the 49ers and we stole him.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I personally think they are about the same so that would mean that we have pretty much the same WR group. With Moss playing the role of Edwards, I also dont expect much from the Moss. I think he will play just hard enough to keep earning a pay check.

Have you ever said anything positive or optimistic about this team?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Its hard to say until we see the production in the same system. I'll be able to make judgment by week 4.
Share 49ersWebzone