LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Do you think Manningham is an upgrade over Morgan ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think Manningham is an upgrade over Morgan ?

No Manningham is not an upgrade over Morgan. Morgan would've had the best receiving numbers of the group last year. Even better than Crabtree. So if Manningam can come in and put up better numbers than Crab, or at least equal to, I would say he is only just as good as Morgan. To be an upgrade Manningham would have to be a flat out #1 receiver.
Does he have bigger muscles than Morgan?

No!
Originally posted by kerryrice75:
manningham is a far upgrade over morgan, bigger with better go get ability. someone said they dont expect much from moss.... why not? Moss first year with every team produces the highest yield from the latter years, moss will be a much needed addition to stretch the field as can manningham. vernon can as well. our rec corp is much better than last years with morgan edwards and crabtree, ending with crabtree ginn and williams i dont get some of you fans, its like your locked down only watching what you wanna watch. these upgrades are much needed

Manningham is not bigger than Morgan. Morgan: Height: 6-1 Weight: 215 Manningham: Height: 6-0 Weight: 185. I do agree that Manningham has much better big play ability.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Morgan will be a beast next year
I find this one hard to believe. Considering he will have a rookie QB (RG3) with a propensity to run the ball.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Originally posted by Kaz9er:
I believe when it comes to the overall skill set at the wideout position Manningham has the edge. He also has alot of big game experience. Josh is the better blocker has good intangibles and chemistry with Alex but the fact of the matter is i believe we are valuing him more than what he is. If he wasn't a niner before we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Also that piece of horse crap Morgan simply left for more money to a garbage team and organization soooo fvck him

Josh Morgan is dead to me.

Yah lets hate him for wanting more money. lol

I don't hate him, I'm just mad at him.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:
I don't hate him, I'm just mad at him.

He wanted to play for his home team and they offered him more money. Win win for him. Can you really blame the guy?
Josh Morgan cant do this..

Or this..

Or this..

Morgan has great size and potential. But Manningham has been more productive and was cheaper. I think its a clear upgrade.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Or this..

Or this..

At least the Pats had SOME safety help here! Geesh!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:
At least the Pats had SOME safety help here! Geesh!

We play man coverage most of the time.

Or this..

Or this..

Might as well cross out morgan and put "Alex Smith"
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
LOL. Great minds think alike?

Except about average OLBs.

You still one upped me... again!

Haha, please! You forced me to do even more homework before conviction. That's what perspectives and NT should be all about...making us fans better, more educated about our team.

YES!

Now start a f**king thread or I'm going to trace your ISP and find out where you live.

LMAO! Here you go...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/free-agency/164571-remaining-fa-needs/
Originally posted by Curticio11:

Or this..

Or this..

this is true, I really doubt Alex could have made those catches

Or this..

Or this..

Sooooo those arn't great catches? Sure the ball placement was great but the WR still has to make the grab

Or this..

Or this..

Sooooo those arn't great catches? Sure the ball placement was great but the WR still has to make the grab

I think the point he was making was do we have the QB to put the ball in these spots for MM to make those catches. Its a legitimate question.
Share 49ersWebzone