There are 176 users in the forums

Do you think Manningham is an upgrade over Morgan ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think Manningham is an upgrade over Morgan ?

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
K, nvmd.

• Jiks
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
slight upgrade but not much. Like going from Windows 98 to Windows 98se

So you're saying he'll be on IR just like Morgan?

See, that was a joke... poking fun at Windows....

Thought I'd explain... my humor is obtuse.

Still don't get it. How does windows end up on IR?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
he is a proven winner, he shows up in big games and he can catch the ball. I like morgan but he had potential, this guy has done it before and so has moss so we are better now as compared to when we walked off the field vs the giants plus the draft will make it better.And morgan was not worth the money he was given as well.
Originally posted by cciowa:
he is a proven winner, he shows up in big games and he can catch the ball. I like morgan but he had potential, this guy has done it before and so has moss so we are better now as compared to when we walked off the field vs the giants plus the draft will make it better.And morgan was not worth the money he was given as well.

That's probably the only reason to feel good about letting Morgan go. I will miss his selflessness team-first attitude. IIRC, wasn't he the one that volunteered to not only give up his spot to Crabtree, but to also mentor him as well?

I'm also going to miss his blocking ability and will always remember how difficult it was to predict what play was coming next when Jimmy Raye would put Morgan in to block.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I like you.
If it is an upgrade, its not by much.

I'm assuming Manningham was cheaper
  • Jiks

I like you.

I would love to see the results of this poll if it had been asked before we lost Morgan.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
That's probably the only reason to feel good about letting Morgan go. I will miss his selflessness team-first attitude. IIRC, wasn't he the one that volunteered to not only give up his spot to Crabtree, but to also mentor him as well?

I'm also going to miss his blocking ability and will always remember how difficult it was to predict what play was coming next when Jimmy Raye would put Morgan in to block.
You are right, he was a good loyal team mate,, untill they backed up the money truck . i hear the new guy is a good locker room guy so i think that will be a wash, he was a good blocker to but i still think we are better now as compared to when we walked off the field vs the giants.
No. I think Morgan is a better all around receiver. However, Manningham is a better downfield threat. In 2011, we didn't have anyone who could stretch the field from the WR group. Ginn couldn't catch. And Crabtree stuggles to get seperation downfield. We have a QB that doesn't like to throw it downfield unless the WR has seperation. Therefore, the Smith to Crabtree connection is best in the short and intermediate routes.

Now we have Manningham and Moss who can both get downfield. They will stretch the field, allowing Crabtree to handle the underneath stuff (which he is pretty good at).

So on paper, it doesn't look like we have improved much, but I think we have gotten better by bringing in guys with different skill sets. I also expect we will draft a guy pretty high to help out in the red-zone and on third down (draft Fleener and trade D. Walker... anyone?).

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

I like you.

Now I don't. Filthy drunkard.

Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL. Great minds think alike?

Except about average OLBs.

You still one upped me... again!

Haha, please! You forced me to do even more homework before conviction. That's what perspectives and NT should be all about...making us fans better, more educated about our team.

I like you.

Now I don't. Filthy drunkard.

Get a room
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
for real. or just PM each other dick pics.
We are soon going to find out. JM was good not great. MM is good not great. Going to have to wait till the season plays out then re ask the question.
Share 49ersWebzone