LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Do you think Manningham is an upgrade over Morgan ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think Manningham is an upgrade over Morgan ?

Watched the stanford pro day for Luck, but also got a look at Fleener. Whew, if we can move up a bit, that guy is nails. Stanford has 3 guys, Luck, their OT, and Fleener going in rd 1. Wow.We add him we will have to make a trade, i bet, and throwing in KAP to change positions in rd 1 may be what the Josh J deal was all about. If we were to work out a way to get fleener, he is vastly better than any WR after the top 3, maybe 4. But we will almost surely have to move up a bit to get him. Then we got Mario, Moss, crbtre(altho i still don't think he wants to be here), Willams, Vernon, Walker, and FLEENER. Line 'em up wherever you want, but we got some serious hands guys, and we know mario, fleener, walker, vernon, and williams can all get open. So formations may look a bit odd, but with out Wallace and his ridiculous $120 mil contract, our crew could be a plenty enough force to awaken our O. Then plan on projects or maybe a gem from 3 WRs taken in draft. Our 2nd pick is gonna be an OG/OT, and 3rd will be WR, the first of 3 , and then a dozen or more in TC of UDFA WRs to see if there is one there that has good hands, and gets open.
he is a superbowl WR winner !
are you going to give Morgan 6 mill a year like the idiots deadskins ? No way in hell .
Originally posted by cNiner:
he is a superbowl WR winner !

boom there it is, Dilfer is better than Marino!!!

Come on man. Use something else.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
We add him we will have to make a trade, i bet, and throwing in KAP to change positions in rd 1 may be what the Josh J deal was all about.

Sirrah, I am startin' to lose my composure.... Be prepared for a gauntlet to be thrown if this continues.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Wodwo:
We add him we will have to make a trade, i bet, and throwing in KAP to change positions in rd 1 may be what the Josh J deal was all about.

Sirrah, I am startin' to lose my composure.... Be prepared for a gauntlet to be thrown if this continues.

I said the same things when we signed him. That was a week ago.
I liked Morgan, but only because he was a guy that was never a problem in the locker room, always hustled, and had the potential to be a decent WR. Personally, I think he was a little over-hyped by the zone after his injury. He was off to a decent start to the year, but realistically, he played 5 games and had 220 yards. It's not like he was setting the world on fire. We are also talking about a guy who never broke 700 yards in a season. Blame the offense, blame the QB, blame whoever. The fact of the matter is that he has potential, and the Redskins over-payed for it.

We really don't know how Manningham will perform in this offense. We do not have the other Manning throwing to him, so he may or may not be able to duplicate the numbers he put up in New York. Where I give him the nod over Morgan is his skills as a receiver and his big game experience. He catches the ball well and takes the top off of a defense. Putting him, Moss, and Vernon on the same field is going to make it so that Gore is not facing 8-9 man fronts anymore. With all that said, Manningham was still the #3 receiver for the Giants, so he may be looking at a similar role here. If that is where he ends up, that is good news to Niner fans because it will mean Moss and Crabtree are performing well.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Wait... what? Signed who? Said what? A week ago?

I'm so lost.
  • Jiks

I'm so lost.

NVMD, just don't feel you "invented" these ideas, that you are getting angry that people are stealing. Been talked about in Manningham thread on multiple occasions. So should I get mad at you for thinking along the same lines as many other people?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
slight upgrade but not much. Like going from Windows 98 to Windows 98se
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Mar 23, 2012 at 8:52 AM ]

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

I'm so lost.

NVMD, just don't feel you "invented" these ideas, that you are getting angry that people are stealing. Been talked about in Manningham thread on multiple occasions. So should I get mad at you for thinking along the same lines as many other people?

Wait... what idea?

I was only joking. I wasn't angry. I thought I made it obvious with my attempt at adding an accent to my posts.

I'm still confused! I don't want you to NVMD! I hate being confused!
Too soon to know if Manningham is an upgrade to Morgan. Manningham's success with Eli makes him look like and upgrade.

We can't assume he will have the same success with Alex. Determining which wideout is better will depend on Alex getting the ball to Manningham.

Alex and Morgan seemed to have a chemistry that was on the up swing.
[ Edited by kemp_j on Mar 23, 2012 at 8:57 AM ]
  • Jiks

I'm so lost.

Wait... what idea?

I was only joking. I wasn't angry. I thought I made it obvious with my attempt at adding an accent to my posts.

I'm still confused! I don't want you to NVMD! I hate being confused!

K, nvmd.
I think it's a wash. Possibly, Morgan could have been a little better but it's hard to tell. I know Morgan's injury is not a tear of a ligament so he should be okay, but it was sitll serious. We'll see how he bounces back.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
slight upgrade but not much. Like going from Windows 98 to Windows 98se

So you're saying he'll be on IR just like Morgan?

See, that was a joke... poking fun at Windows....

Thought I'd explain... my humor is obtuse.
Share 49ersWebzone