LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Ted Ginn re-signed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
DONT THROW IT TO STONEHANDS!!!!!

Shut your mouth!!!

I remember Ginn making some clutch catches down the stretch to extend drives. I don't know why people are so down on Ginn as a receiver. He had that one big TD catch called back against the Ravens because Chilo inexplicably pushed the rusher that got cut blocked by Frank. It would have been a game changer, instead Chilo Struck Again!
Originally posted by Psinex:
I remember Ginn making some clutch catches down the stretch to extend drives. I don't know why people are so down on Ginn as a receiver. He had that one big TD catch called back against the Ravens because Chilo inexplicably pushed the rusher that got cut blocked by Frank. It would have been a game changer, instead Chilo Struck Again!

Or that pass where it hit him in the facemask and got it INT'd.......yea in the RZ none the less, or the last throw in the game for the first down where it hit him right in the chest and we lost the game.....yea clutch receiver.....not....lol....can catch the sh** out of a wobbly spinning wind drvin ball thats been kicked, but cant catch a ball thrown worth a sh**......PR/KR ONLY PLEASE!!!!!!

Or that pass where it hit him in the facemask and got it INT'd.......yea in the RZ none the less, or the last throw in the game for the first down where it hit him right in the chest and we lost the game.....yea clutch receiver.....not....lol....can catch the sh** out of a wobbly spinning wind drvin ball thats been kicked, but cant catch a ball thrown worth a sh**......PR/KR ONLY PLEASE!!!!!!
What do you know, there are some catches in there too. BTW, your grammar is a whole lot worse than BuzzB28, while being a lot less entertaining.

What do you know, there are some catches in there too. BTW, your grammar is a whole lot worse than BuzzB28, while being a lot less entertaining.

Why are you bashing people, where I come from, its not what you heard(or read), its what you understand.....I mean brah, what does my grammer have anything to do on what we are talking about.....quit trying to ruin everybodys day.....All Im saying is that IMO he drops WAY more passes then he catches when he is targeted right.....

AND your comeback is this video of him......BRAH 3/4 of his highlights is PR/KR....there where like 3 pass plays to him and 1 of them didnt even count......then they show him on Fly sweeps......Brah if this is your "video proof" on proving my opinion, you hit the nail right on the button.....a WR with a highlight video with only KR/PR and fly sweeps......your point on why he is a good WR is what again?......hahahahaha
Did not think he would be back, hope they carry 6 WR, because he is inconsistent, but he is one of the best KR/PR. Nice to see a 9ers team where you don't stress everytime the ST unit comes on the field.
Ginn is just as important as anyone else on the team, im so happy hes back. Ginn dropped a few passes but he also made some important catches to extend drives. hes gotta be motivated just like everyone else after a heart breaking loss against the giants and the acquisition of Moss and Manningham will push him as well. everyone can learn something from Moss, he has some of the best hands in the history of the nfl. dont give up on Ginn as a receiver yet
CHAMPIONSHIP
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for Psinex.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Ginn is just as important as anyone else on the team, im so happy hes back. Ginn dropped a few passes but he also made some important catches to extend drives. hes gotta be motivated just like everyone else after a heart breaking loss against the giants and the acquisition of Moss and Manningham will push him as well. everyone can learn something from Moss, he has some of the best hands in the history of the nfl. dont give up on Ginn as a receiver yet

Exactly my point as well. Ginn is about halfway through his career, and he is still learning. Having Moss around might really help him, he certainly has the speed. He put some work into his hands, even learning how to catch better from the former Mr. Stonehands, Vernon Davis. Starting out in Miami didn't help him any. Back when he was drafted, Ginn was expected to be a #1 receiver. If we get the ball to him out in the flat with a lot of room, he can take it all the way to the house on any given play.

Our receiving corps might start to look like the Cowboys of the 90's: Michael Irvin (Crabtree), with Ginn as the speedy Alvin Harper, but Daryl Johnston is a uncomparable to Vernon. I wouldn't compare them to any of the 49ers teams because we don't have anyone right now that resembles #80. But you throw Moss and Manningham on top of that, and we're going to have a lot of weapons on offense this year. and with a full off-season, the 49ers offense is going to be hard to stop...as long as we get a good running back to back up Gore, because he's on his last legs. Gore is probably going to rush for about 500-800 yard this year, we'll need the rest of our production elsewhere.

Exactly my point as well. Ginn is about halfway through his career, and he is still learning. Having Moss around might really help him, he certainly has the speed. He put some work into his hands, even learning how to catch better from the former Mr. Stonehands, Vernon Davis. Starting out in Miami didn't help him any. Back when he was drafted, Ginn was expected to be a #1 receiver. If we get the ball to him out in the flat with a lot of room, he can take it all the way to the house on any given play.

Our receiving corps might start to look like the Cowboys of the 90's: Michael Irvin (Crabtree), with Ginn as the speedy Alvin Harper, but Daryl Johnston is a uncomparable to Vernon. I wouldn't compare them to any of the 49ers teams because we don't have anyone right now that resembles #80. But you throw Moss and Manningham on top of that, and we're going to have a lot of weapons on offense this year. and with a full off-season, the 49ers offense is going to be hard to stop...as long as we get a good running back to back up Gore, because he's on his last legs. Gore is probably going to rush for about 500-800 yard this year, we'll need the rest of our production elsewhere.

Why would you compare a fullback to a tight-end?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Why would you compare a fullback to a tight-end?

Oops, I meant Jay Novacek, for some reason they kind of blended together for me.
Share 49ersWebzone