There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Was our defense overrated last year? Interesting Read:

Look inside our Division for starters 6 games:

Tavaris Jackson 2 games. (Looking for a new QB)
St Louis Rams 2 games (NO Bradford)
Arizona Cardinals 2 games (Skelton, no Kolb)

6 games out of 16 games... all against QB's that are poor quarterbacks and leads to there offense becoming one dimensional.

Onto the Next 10 games.

Clevland, Colt McCoy is on the outs, another one dimensional team with no WR's.
Washington Redskins, QB Controversey, much like our Troy Smith/Alex Smith changing QB's every 3 games.
Baltimore, Never known for there big offensive play ability but big time defense, still they put 16 against our 6 points.
Pittsburgh, a hurt ben roethlisburger. making poor throws off his HURT foot.
Tampa Bay, Freemans worst career year by far Threw More int's than TD's this year
Cincinnatti, Andy Daltons 3rd Career game against our defense..


Onto the 4 Last games where good teams did WELL against us
Take a look at the teams below and the QB's

Dallas, (Tony Romo 350 Yards Miles austin 150 Yards)
Detroit Matthew Stafford, 300 yards. Calvin Johnson 115 yards.
New York Giants, Eli Manning, 311 Yards, Victor Cruz 85yards, (Also they beat us in rushing yards as well)
Philadelphia, Michael Vick 400 Yards, Desean Jackson 170 Yards


Playoffs
Drew Brees 462 Yards!!
Eli Manning another 315 yards!!

I suppose the point is, against good teams that have there starting QB that is worth a dam, they actually were torching our defense and making them look like every other defense but when you add in the 12 OTHER GAMES where the teams offense was garbage, we looked elite, perhaps that would inflate our defenses stats, by a bigger margin than most of us are aware...
Yards don't matter. Points do.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,910
ask big ben is we are over rated, ask percy from the saints, please, they were and are the real deal
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Look inside our Division for starters 6 games:

Tavaris Jackson 2 games. (Looking for a new QB)
St Louis Rams 2 games (NO Bradford)
Arizona Cardinals 2 games (Skelton, no Kolb)

6 games out of 16 games... all against QB's that are poor quarterbacks and leads to there offense becoming one dimensional.

Onto the Next 10 games.

Clevland, Colt McCoy is on the outs, another one dimensional team with no WR's.
Washington Redskins, QB Controversey, much like our Troy Smith/Alex Smith changing QB's every 3 games.
Baltimore, Never known for there big offensive play ability but big time defense, still they put 16 against our 6 points.
Pittsburgh, a hurt ben roethlisburger. making poor throws off his HURT foot.
Tampa Bay, Freemans worst career year by far Threw More int's than TD's this year
Cincinnatti, Andy Daltons 3rd Career game against our defense..


Onto the 4 Last games where good teams did WELL against us
Take a look at the teams below and the QB's

Dallas, (Tony Romo 350 Yards Miles austin 150 Yards)
Detroit Matthew Stafford, 300 yards. Calvin Johnson 115 yards.
New York Giants, Eli Manning, 311 Yards, Victor Cruz 85yards, (Also they beat us in rushing yards as well)
Philadelphia, Michael Vick 400 Yards, Desean Jackson 170 Yards


Playoffs
Drew Brees 462 Yards!!
Eli Manning another 315 yards!!

I suppose the point is, against good teams that have there starting QB that is worth a dam, they actually were torching our defense and making them look like every other defense but when you add in the 12 OTHER GAMES where the teams offense was garbage, we looked elite, perhaps that would inflate our defenses stats, by a bigger margin than most of us are aware...

Drew Brees threw the ball 65+ times
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Yards don't matter. Points do.


this. the way the league is now, yards are gonna happen, keep turning 7 into 3's thats how the good D's play
No
the 2000 ravens also got to play akili smith and tim couch twice
People could NOT run the ball on us. Our defense has been legit for a while now. I believe last year our run D was pretty damn stout also.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Yards don't matter. Points do.


this. the way the league is now, yards are gonna happen, keep turning 7 into 3's thats how the good D's play

or keep turning 3's into zero dont let em get to 3 range
Forcing turnovers can lead to yardage too... also Andy Lee's punting too
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Yards don't matter. Points do.


this. the way the league is now, yards are gonna happen, keep turning 7 into 3's thats how the good D's play

or keep turning 3's into zero dont let em get to 3 range


yes that too, but the point remains that yardage stats dont mean jack in my mind
when teams cant run against us theyre gonna throw the ball in crazy amounts leading to the high yardage, plus teams these days are going with 3-4 wr sets airing the ball out 40-50 times
how's is this an interesting read
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
when teams cant run against us theyre gonna throw the ball in crazy amounts leading to the high yardage, plus teams these days are going with 3-4 wr sets airing the ball out 40-50 times

Exactly.

Did you ever watch games live? Our defense was and is everything we believe it is.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
how's is this an interesting read

Ditto
...