Was our defense overrated last year? Interesting Read:

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Allx9er:
how's is this an interesting read

gets us away from the endless alex smith not signing yet chatter
Originally posted by crabman82:
the 2000 ravens also got to play akili smith and tim couch twice

This.

Here's a fun fact: the 2000 Ravens was not the #1 ranked defense by yards, it was the Titans. But they were #1 in points and that's what matters.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

This.

Here's a fun fact: the 2000 Ravens was not the #1 ranked defense by yards, it was the Titans. But they were #1 in points and that's what matters.

awesome, but as i said out of the 4 good teams we played, scores in the 20's+ were involved and high yardage... however in 12 games with shakey offenses and QB's the scores were limited and the yards were limited as well... i think that says something there
And in those 4 games where the teams did well against "us", we won three of them and should have won all 4....Bad thread.
Another SundayTicket thread!
Uninteresting, narrow & biased point of view...

also, during those four games "where teams did well" and the two playoff games, the 49ers went 4-2.

Overrated? I think not.
[ Edited by FILTHpigskin on Mar 20, 2012 at 11:32 AM ]
More importantly, is what did those teams do with those yards?
Imagine if we had better QB play and could sustain more drives instead of going 3 and out . Our defense is gave our offense the best field percentage in the league and Alex smith had less than a TD a game. What if he could have produced 25 tds than the Defense would have been off the field more. Plus we had leads in most of these games so teams had to pass to catch up.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
how's is this an interesting read

gets us away from the endless alex smith not signing yet chatter

Or you just like starting meaningless threads.

• MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

This.

awesome, but as i said out of the 4 good teams we played, scores in the 20's+ were involved and high yardage... however in 12 games with shakey offenses and QB's the scores were limited and the yards were limited as well... i think that says something there

that its an offensive league and holding good O's under 20 isnt all that easy
We gunna find out this yr cuz... all 11 coming back on D!!!
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
And in those 4 games where the teams did well against "us", we won three of them and should have won all 4....Bad thread.

Maybe our offense deserves more credit than they are getting perhaps?
While our D is a monster at stopping the run, it's not so good at all against the pass. Has had me worried for years. Part of the reason I'm not on the Goldson bandwagon...the dude gets burned often. Part of the reason I want upgrades at CB, and hated seeing Spencer go. Good QBs will continue to light us up...but what the hell, we went 13-3 and should have won the big game, so...guess i'm okay with it.
Score more points than the other guy. That's all.
Our run d? Best I've seen in a long time.
Pass D? Still makes me cringe.
Share 49ersWebzone