LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Was our defense overrated last year? Interesting Read:

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Did you just describe your own post as an interesting read?

SundayTicket is a habitual thread starter. He needs to put "interesting read" so it doesn't get locked. Classic LOL
Originally posted by Howlett49:

SundayTicket is a habitual thread starter. He needs to put "interesting read" so it doesn't get locked. Classic LOL

Howlett, all 4 of your posts in this thread have been about me making threads, and trying to bash on a topic i made.... clearly your upset, is there a reason?? feel free to go to one of the other Oh my gawd alex hasnt signed yet threads,, or Tebow may sign here threads.... however this is the offseason, and there isnt much to talk about... i guess that must be the reason your in my thread trolling your a** offf....
NO WAY

Romo lit us up but we didn't have our starting safety Goldson in that game.

Our defense got better as the year went on.

Aldon Smith "the Praying Mantis" emerged for us.

Soapaga made us say Aubrayo Franklin WHO? He played awesome for us in the run.

Bowman turned into an all pro.

Rogers and Goldson got to the pro bowl. Rogers said it was the best front 7 he's ever been behind and he has 6 picks this year (only 2 max in previous years.)

Patrick Willis and Justin Smith were their usual great selves. (Willis even though he was hurt became a much improved cover linebacker.)

How many players did we "knock" out of the game?

NO THE DEFENSE WAS AS GOOD AS ADVERTISED, COULD BE ONE OF THE BEST NINER D'S EVER. They also can't "hit" like they used to and the rules are made for the offense.

THE SCARY THING IS THAT THE D CAN GET BETTER!!!!!!

Interesting read:

I ate a sandwich yesterday.
Our defense is a little soft when it comes to the pass. If we ever mount an offensive attack and put points up on the board the teams will even pass more then they did last year. We have a really good defense led by the front seven maybe none better in football.
i hate to add to the insanity but by the time this thread makes its final run it has the potential of being an "interesting read"
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

Howlett, all 4 of your posts in this thread have been about me making threads, and trying to bash on a topic i made.... clearly your upset, is there a reason?? feel free to go to one of the other Oh my gawd alex hasnt signed yet threads,, or Tebow may sign here threads.... however this is the offseason, and there isnt much to talk about... i guess that must be the reason your in my thread trolling your a** offf....

I would go on another thread but you start them all
We had one of the best rush defenses ever, if not the best. That forced teams to pass the ball a ton. When every team throws 40+ times a game they will rack up the yardage. The stat that matters the most is 20 passing td's compared to 23 int's in the season. I'd like to see Drew Brees throw 63 times to any other defense, and only give up 462 yards and 4 td's. and 110 of those yards came on the two td passes to sproles and grahm in the fourth quarter. They are elite quarterbacks for a reason, they will put up decent numbers against good defenses. And of all those 6 games where the qb did good against us, we were 4-2 with both losses coming in overtime. I think our defense will be fine
[ Edited by NinerDieHard on Mar 20, 2012 at 12:10 PM ]

out of 40 threads on the 1st page of ninertalk, 2 of them are mine, feel free to jump in the other 38, or just feel free to stay on topic of this thread.. good day!

out of 40 threads on the 1st page of ninertalk, 2 of them are mine, feel free to jump in the other 38, or just feel free to stay on topic of this thread.. good day!

I'll just wait and comment on the thread you start tomorrow
Look inside our Division for starters 6 games:

Tavaris Jackson 2 games. (Looking for a new QB)
St Louis Rams 2 games (NO Bradford)
Arizona Cardinals 2 games (Skelton, no Kolb)

6 games out of 16 games... all against QB's that are poor quarterbacks and leads to there offense becoming one dimensional.

Onto the Next 10 games.

Clevland, Colt McCoy is on the outs, another one dimensional team with no WR's.
Washington Redskins, QB Controversey, much like our Troy Smith/Alex Smith changing QB's every 3 games.
Baltimore, Never known for there big offensive play ability but big time defense, still they put 16 against our 6 points.
Pittsburgh, a hurt ben roethlisburger. making poor throws off his HURT foot.
Tampa Bay, Freemans worst career year by far Threw More int's than TD's this year
Cincinnatti, Andy Daltons 3rd Career game against our defense..

Onto the 4 Last games where good teams did WELL against us
Take a look at the teams below and the QB's

Dallas, (Tony Romo 350 Yards Miles austin 150 Yards)
Detroit Matthew Stafford, 300 yards. Calvin Johnson 115 yards.
New York Giants, Eli Manning, 311 Yards, Victor Cruz 85yards, (Also they beat us in rushing yards as well)
Philadelphia, Michael Vick 400 Yards, Desean Jackson 170 Yards

Playoffs
Drew Brees 462 Yards!!
Eli Manning another 315 yards!!

I suppose the point is, against good teams that have there starting QB that is worth a dam, they actually were torching our defense and making them look like every other defense but when you add in the 12 OTHER GAMES where the teams offense was garbage, we looked elite, perhaps that would inflate our defenses stats, by a bigger margin than most of us are aware...

first it's not our fault that these teams have s**tty QB's , 2nd it's our first year with New system on D and O. , 3rd our CB were not great until our passrush started to shine . 4th people throw @ us cuz they could not run and when it came to the endzone they could not score a lot of points . if we had a half decent QB and WR other than VD we would have made more damge on other teams early like the cowgirls !
Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
We had one of the best rush defenses ever, if not the best. That forced teams to pass the ball a ton. When every team throws 40+ times a game they will rack up the yardage. The stat that matters the most is 20 passing td's compared to 23 int's in the season. I'd like to see Drew Brees throw 63 times to any other defense, and only give up 462 yards and 4 td's. and 110 of those yards came on the two td passes to sproles and grahm in the fourth quarter. They are elite quarterbacks for a reason, they will put up decent numbers against good defenses. And of all those 6 games where the qb did good against us, we were 4-2 with both losses coming in overtime. I think our defense will be fine

thats a good point... but if we label our defense elite we should be able to stop a elite QB here and there as well... i do agree definitly though 60 passes is going to rack up your yards no matter who you are, thats math.. but i wouldve liked to see our defense hold one of those QB's to 200 yards or something like that and no TD's etc like we did to Peyton 2 years ago. if you look at the teams we played.. 12 of them are giant question marks for various reasons so it has me being a little skeptical... no doubt i think our D is top 5 no argument in that, but we were Hyped up alot as well... and i loved the hard hitting
NO
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by jreff22:
how did we let zona beat us...

I've thought alot about that, and I believe it has alot to do with the fact the niners had just won the division, and losing a game did not mean they would lose first round bye in the playoffs. Not I'm saying they took it easy on purpose, but at the time the Cards were on a roll, they had won 4 out of 5 and were still alive in the playoff hunt but had to win out. They absolutely NEEDED to win, the niners did not, that leveled the playing field. They simply got us at the right time in the season.

The Seahawks were in a similar position, but losing to them DID mean we'd lose the bye. Man, that game almost made me blow a gasket because had we lost that game, we had to go to New Orleans and play an extra game.

but John f**king Skelton......seriously
Share 49ersWebzone