LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Players Value

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
or maybe our Front Office is nickle and diming players and likes to keep 15 mill to themselves a year.... that's not fact btw lol but still if we have 18million and if they really don't want to give Alex that much money then for goodness sake let Alex walk and we should've spent that money on Vincent Jackson.... then see what we have in Kaep and find out if hes the future or we need to go back to the draft... I'm pi$ed that we might let Alex walk but had let Vincent Jackson get away too... might as well give Alex the extra 2 million guaranteed or just let him walk and get another weapon on this offense... this front office is seeming to rob players of money

You're nuts if you think offering 24 million dollars to a QB who has had only one good season is "robbing" him. This is not nickle-and-diming, this is smart spending. You romantics seem to think that the business of the NFL should take a back seat to other factors. I disagree, at least in this case. Alex had every opportunity to sign his contract and he didn't; this is what can happen when you wait. Remember Dashon Goldson last year? He refused the team's offer and had to settle for a much lesser amount. That's business. Alex - SIGN YOUR CONTRACT!

And most 49ers fans didn't give a crap about Goldson. Hell, we even got Gore cheap compared to market value and no one cared and was thanking our F/O. Then comes Alex Smith and now our F/O is evil?

Maybe Alex needs to prove a little more.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by RayshawnJackson:
9erred, the smart 49er fans just happen to know more about QB play than the rest of these NFL teams. Obviously, the rest of the teams that need QB's are simply idiots, anyone with half a brain knows Alex Smith is a franchise QB.

hey hey hey don't pick on the guy if you're going to troll you're gonna make it memorable!!!!
818, as I said before there is no sarcasm, the 49ers and the rest of the NFL are just showing that they don't know much about judging QB play.

So you, Rayshawn, know more than every single NFL GM and HC? That's what you are saying, and you really expect anyone to pay serious attention to your posts?

If you are so uniquely knowledgeable, then why aren't you working as GM or HC for an NFL team? Why aren't NFL owners banging down your door to get you on board?
[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Mar 20, 2012 at 2:15 PM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by sacguy08:
Did Alex change his name to Rayshawn Jackson? Seriously though, Alex is NOT a franchise QB, 1 god season in 7 years, and he wasn't even given full reigns at throwing, we ran and ran and ran the ball. And our Defense was elite, not Alex.

Any 49er fan should be able to tell Alex isnt elite. 5 INTs is great, but only 17 TDs isnt. And elite QB throws for over 4K yards and 30+ TDs.

I completely agree with you AB.

If Smith failed because he faced so much adversity his first 6 years in the league and only succeeded, minimally, in his 7th because everything was stacked in his favor, then why couldn't Kaepernick? Smith had 6 losing seasons with different OC's, different schemes, coaching changes along the way, in most cases sub-par supporting teammates, etc. He puts together a mediocre year with Harbaugh and a shortened off season. What's to be afraid of putting Kaepernick in with a full year in the system under his belt, a full offseason of coaching from Harbaugh and improved weapons on offense? Andy Dalton went right before him in the draft and I don't think he did too bad.

agreed. I actually rather go 8-8 with Kaep, instead of going 12-4 and missing the super bowl again due to inept passing game, and idiotic plays. I know that sounds severe, but I want to see Kaep play, he has skills. And yeah Dalton went one pick before. Imagine had he been our pick. We would be set.
The proper way to bring along a QB is to avoid playing him too early. I trust JH to determine when Kaep is ready to play. You'll have your chance to see him, but hopefully not before he is ready.

And what kind of attitude is that - you'd rather see Kaep go 8-8 and miss the playoffs than see Alex go 12-4 and vie for the SB? That's a truly biased, non-team-fan attitude.
The proper way to bring along a QB is to avoid playing him too early. I trust JH to determine when Kaep is ready to play. You'll have your chance to see him, but hopefully not before he is ready.

And what kind of attitude is that - you'd rather see Kaep go 8-8 and miss the playoffs than see Alex go 12-4 and vie for the SB? That's a truly biased, non-team-fan attitude.

The proper way to bring along a QB is to put him in when he's capable of managing the game and learning from there. No one knows how ready Kaep is including you. He could be ready to be the best 2nd year QB ever or he could be ready to throw 11 INTs and 1 TD.

Let's hope we see him sooner rather than later.
Completely false. When a guy posts a 90 QB rating for you and wins 14 games, you damn well better offer him a franchise QB deal. It's amazing that alex is still considering us, but we get to thank the rest of the idiot NFL teams that dont want him and thank them for their idiocy so we still have a shot with him. If I was Baalke, I'd quickly offer him a 5 year 60M deal and see if he accepts it.

So you think only a franchise QB could have gotten us to where we were last year? Ya, I'm sure Harbaugh and our legendary defense had nothing to do with it. I like Alex but PLENTY of QB's could have taken us just as far considering how good our TEAM was.
Originally posted by sacguy08:
Did Alex change his name to Rayshawn Jackson? Seriously though, Alex is NOT a franchise QB, 1 god season in 7 years, and he wasn't even given full reigns at throwing, we ran and ran and ran the ball. And our Defense was elite, not Alex.

Any 49er fan should be able to tell Alex isnt elite. 5 INTs is great, but only 17 TDs isnt. And elite QB throws for over 4K yards and 30+ TDs.

I completely agree with you AB.

If Smith failed because he faced so much adversity his first 6 years in the league and only succeeded, minimally, in his 7th because everything was stacked in his favor, then why couldn't Kaepernick? Smith had 6 losing seasons with different OC's, different schemes, coaching changes along the way, in most cases sub-par supporting teammates, etc. He puts together a mediocre year with Harbaugh and a shortened off season. What's to be afraid of putting Kaepernick in with a full year in the system under his belt, a full offseason of coaching from Harbaugh and improved weapons on offense? Andy Dalton went right before him in the draft and I don't think he did too bad.

agreed. I actually rather go 8-8 with Kaep, instead of going 12-4 and missing the super bowl again due to inept passing game, and idiotic plays. I know that sounds severe, but I want to see Kaep play, he has skills. And yeah Dalton went one pick before. Imagine had he been our pick. We would be set.

I don't see it as being a non-team-fan attitude when you keep it in its proper perspective. Alex might be able to go 12-4 and get you into the Conference Championship round, but if you don't have the mental toughness to overcome adversity, you'll never win the Championship. That's all there is to it. People want to keep giving Alex a break for the first 6 years of losing because he didn't have this or didn't have that. He couldn't overcome that. How can we expect him to win the big game? I think you can bring up that last throw against the Saints as saying he made that happen but I would say V.D. had just as much to do with it, along with a host of others.

We know what we're getting with Alex and that's a QB who can't really rise up and overcome adversity until the stars are perfectly aligned for him. Until then, he will be non-functional. At least according to Urban Meyer and 6 previous offensive coordinators. I'd rather see Kaepernick in there and maybe risk losing a couple of games along the way but feel more confident about the future. 3 more years with Alex at the controls and the Niners will need to mail out packets of Xanax with the season ticket renewals.
I miss NolanHasAPlan.

ah, good times.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I miss NolanHasAPlan.

ah, good times.

I remember NolanNonsense, good times, good times.
Were you drunk when you posted this?

Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Completely false. When a guy posts a 90 QB rating for you and wins 14 games, you damn well better offer him a franchise QB deal. It's amazing that alex is still considering us, but we get to thank the rest of the idiot NFL teams that dont want him and thank them for their idiocy so we still have a shot with him. If I was Baalke, I'd quickly offer him a 5 year 60M deal and see if he accepts it.

So glad ur not our GM lol

2nd that

3rd or 4th or whatever number i am...

Not when your 31st in passing attempts..

Drew Brees 657 Pass Attempts 5.4k Yards
Alex Smith 445 Pass Attempts 3.1k Yards

Drew Brees is the best passer in the league... comparing alex to the best passer is a good standard in your case since you dont believe in alex so i used the best of the best.. By Alex's numbers approximatley 200 pass attempts = 1.4k yards... If you give alex another 200 pass attempts like Drew Brees you are looking at something easily over your 4k yards, maybe in the 4.5k+ range, and around 25+ TD's. and thats his first year with no offseason under brand new coach etc that favored the run over anything this year.
Share 49ersWebzone