LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Players Value

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:
After having hit home run after home run in previous situations, the FO has flubbed his entire scenario like a bunch of amateurs. I guess they were due for a pop out.

What are you even talking about? Who is "his"?
Originally posted by RayshawnJackson:
9erred, the smart 49er fans just happen to know more about QB play than the rest of these NFL teams. Obviously, the rest of the teams that need QB's are simply idiots, anyone with half a brain knows Alex Smith is a franchise QB.

Originally posted by sacguy08:
I think they'll have to let Bowman walk. I don't know if the FO will want to justify almost $100 million in contracts in the same position, between him and Willis. Sucks too because I really like Bowman.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
If Bow has another all-pro type season it will be extremely tough to keep and he could end up as trade bait this time next year.

+1
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jreff22:
You all didn't care when Goldson over valued himself like Alex is doing now. Face it, no team is willing to pay Alex big money because those who watch coaches film, don't see what 33% 49ers fans are seeing.

Goldson didnt have a great year prior to FA.

Neither did Alex.
so this year wasnt great for him? people were talking about him possibly being comeback player of the year.

It was great for him but no for the NFL standard of QB. He was inconsistent in terms of putting together drives...he was afraid to pull the trigger and took a lot of sacks. He couldn't convert 3rd downs and couldn't get the ball into the endzone.

You can probably come up with explanations for these or just as many good things but that is exactly what the problem is, he's not all good and he's not all bad, which makes his overall production average.

The NFL standard gave Kolb 60 million and gave Vick 100 million...this thought that the market is correct more often then not is laughable.
Did Alex change his name to Rayshawn Jackson? Seriously though, Alex is NOT a franchise QB, 1 god season in 7 years, and he wasn't even given full reigns at throwing, we ran and ran and ran the ball. And our Defense was elite, not Alex.

Any 49er fan should be able to tell Alex isnt elite. 5 INTs is great, but only 17 TDs isnt. And elite QB throws for over 4K yards and 30+ TDs.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Did Alex change his name to Rayshawn Jackson? Seriously though, Alex is NOT a franchise QB, 1 god season in 7 years, and he wasn't even given full reigns at throwing, we ran and ran and ran the ball. And our Defense was elite, not Alex.

Any 49er fan should be able to tell Alex isnt elite. 5 INTs is great, but only 17 TDs isnt. And elite QB throws for over 4K yards and 30+ TDs.

I completely agree with you AB.

If Smith failed because he faced so much adversity his first 6 years in the league and only succeeded, minimally, in his 7th because everything was stacked in his favor, then why couldn't Kaepernick? Smith had 6 losing seasons with different OC's, different schemes, coaching changes along the way, in most cases sub-par supporting teammates, etc. He puts together a mediocre year with Harbaugh and a shortened off season. What's to be afraid of putting Kaepernick in with a full year in the system under his belt, a full offseason of coaching from Harbaugh and improved weapons on offense? Andy Dalton went right before him in the draft and I don't think he did too bad.

If Smith failed because he faced so much adversity his first 6 years in the league and only succeeded, minimally, in his 7th because everything was stacked in his favor, then why couldn't Kaepernick? Smith had 6 losing seasons with different OC's, different schemes, coaching changes along the way, in most cases sub-par supporting teammates, etc. He puts together a mediocre year with Harbaugh and a shortened off season. What's to be afraid of putting Kaepernick in with a full year in the system under his belt, a full offseason of coaching from Harbaugh and improved weapons on offense? Andy Dalton went right before him in the draft and I don't think he did too bad.

agreed. I actually rather go 8-8 with Kaep, instead of going 12-4 and missing the super bowl again due to inept passing game, and idiotic plays. I know that sounds severe, but I want to see Kaep play, he has skills. And yeah Dalton went one pick before. Imagine had he been our pick. We would be set.

agreed. I actually rather go 8-8 with Kaep, instead of going 12-4 and missing the super bowl again due to inept passing game, and idiotic plays. I know that sounds severe, but I want to see Kaep play, he has skills. And yeah Dalton went one pick before. Imagine had he been our pick. We would be set.

I was actually holding my breath that Dalton fell to us in that draft. Just about had a stroke when the Bengals picked him up. That kid's going to be a really good QB.
You all didn't care when Goldson over valued himself like Alex is doing now. Face it, no team is willing to pay Alex big money because those who watch coaches film, don't see what 33% 49ers fans are seeing.

Neither did Alex.
so this year wasnt great for him? people were talking about him possibly being comeback player of the year.

It was great for him but no for the NFL standard of QB. He was inconsistent in terms of putting together drives...he was afraid to pull the trigger and took a lot of sacks. He couldn't convert 3rd downs and couldn't get the ball into the endzone.

You can probably come up with explanations for these or just as many good things but that is exactly what the problem is, he's not all good and he's not all bad, which makes his overall production average.

The NFL standard gave Kolb 60 million and gave Vick 100 million...this thought that the market is correct more often then not is laughable.

Potential is they key. We signed Alex for 49million due to potential. Alex already had his big contract but didnt live up to it. Same thin will happen to Casell or Kolb if they don't live up to theirs.

I was actually holding my breath that Dalton fell to us in that draft. Just about had a stroke when the Bengals picked him up. That kid's going to be a really good QB.

After we picked Aldon, I was hoping we would trade into late 1st round and get Dalton. He was my first option of who I wanted at QB, then it was Kaepernick. Either way I'm happy we have Kaep, but I would of loved Dalton. I think he will be the best of the QBs in last years class as a pure QB. Newton will have success, I just think Dalton is in a better situation. He has an elite type WR in the making in AJ Green, a really good TE In gresham. If they get a RB like either Bush in FA or Trent Richardson in the draft. They look good.

Newton has like zero WRs outside of Steve Smith.

Neither did Alex.

Potential is they key. We signed Alex for 49million due to potential. Alex already had his big contract but didnt live up to it. Same thin will happen to Casell or Kolb if they don't live up to theirs.

You dont think Alex has potential to do better this year?
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by RayshawnJackson:
Completely false. When a guy posts a 90 QB rating for you and wins 14 games, you damn well better offer him a franchise QB deal. It's amazing that alex is still considering us, but we get to thank the rest of the idiot NFL teams that dont want him and thank them for their idiocy so we still have a shot with him. If I was Baalke, I'd quickly offer him a 5 year 60M deal and see if he accepts it.

So glad ur not our GM lol

2nd that

3rd that.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
or maybe our Front Office is nickle and diming players and likes to keep 15 mill to themselves a year.... that's not fact btw lol but still if we have 18million and if they really don't want to give Alex that much money then for goodness sake let Alex walk and we should've spent that money on Vincent Jackson.... then see what we have in Kaep and find out if hes the future or we need to go back to the draft... I'm pi$ed that we might let Alex walk but had let Vincent Jackson get away too... might as well give Alex the extra 2 million guaranteed or just let him walk and get another weapon on this offense... this front office is seeming to rob players of money

You're nuts if you think offering 24 million dollars to a QB who has had only one good season is "robbing" him. This is not nickle-and-diming, this is smart spending. You romantics seem to think that the business of the NFL should take a back seat to other factors. I disagree, at least in this case. Alex had every opportunity to sign his contract and he didn't; this is what can happen when you wait. Remember Dashon Goldson last year? He refused the team's offer and had to settle for a much lesser amount. That's business. Alex - SIGN YOUR CONTRACT!

Neither did Alex.

You dont think Alex has potential to do better this year?

He may do better but in what category. He was average to below average in most categories aside from INT's. And this doesn't include the game film all teams see when they see him not throwing NFL open throws because he wants to be safe.

MIA dolphins feel he isn't better than or as good as Matt Moore.
Share 49ersWebzone