LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

Players Value

Shop Find 49ers gear online
818, you forget that alex had awful talent around him.
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
or maybe our Front Office is nickle and diming players and likes to keep 15 mill to themselves a year.... thats not fact btw lol but still if we have 18million and if they really dont want to give alex that much money then for goodness sake let alex walk and we shouldve spent that money on Vincent Jackson.... then see what we have in Kaep and find out if hes the future or we need to go back to the draft... im pi$ed that we might let alex walk but had let Vincent Jackson get away too... might as well give alex the extra 2 million guarenteed or just let him walk and get another weapon on this offense... this front office is seeming to rob players of money

you still don't get it , his value not how much money we have , big diffrence ! you would s**t you pants if we go after M.Wallace ?

no id actually be dissapointed if we went after Mike wallace since we'd lose our first round pick... id s**t myself if instead of spending 10mill and a 1st round pick on wallace, we spent 11million on Vincent Jackson and keep our 1st round pick... If mike wallace didnt have a 1st round pick attached to him id be all for grabbing him though
I love our GM and Front office they have a value for a player aka Alex Smith , Not going to change the contract love it or leave it , we wont panick !
Same goes for Loyed when they offerd him a contract not over valued . that's why we are good in Cap situation we have 18 Mill or somthing like that . And How Jed is
handling it , we have an offer on the table if you think your value is more by all means go and find it . Backing up his GM/Front office and i think JH is stying out of contract negotiation cuz it gets messy and feeling should not be part of it , is the best thing for JH to say nice words about AS that's it .

GO Niners.

Your shift and enter keys are broken.
Originally posted by RayshawnJackson:
Completely false. When a guy posts a 90 QB rating for you and wins 14 games, you damn well better offer him a franchise QB deal. It's amazing that alex is still considering us, but we get to thank the rest of the idiot NFL teams that dont want him and thank them for their idiocy so we still have a shot with him. If I was Baalke, I'd quickly offer him a 5 year 60M deal and see if he accepts it.
I disagree with you he's only had 1 great year as a QB since coming into the league. At best on any other team he is a 2nd or 3rd stringer. That's why he didn't get any interest from any other team besides Miami after the contract offer was already on the table.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Completely false. When a guy posts a 90 QB rating for you and wins 14 games, you damn well better offer him a franchise QB deal. It's amazing that alex is still considering us, but we get to thank the rest of the idiot NFL teams that dont want him and thank them for their idiocy so we still have a shot with him. If I was Baalke, I'd quickly offer him a 5 year 60M deal and see if he accepts it.

So glad ur not our GM lol

2nd that

You guys dont get it! 1 good year makes a player no matter what, personally I'm looking back and see that Derrick Anderson killed it with the Browns a while back, or this Tommy Maddux guy looks legit and is a comeback kid too in the playoffs... go get em!
5280High- Anderson and Maddox both had amazing talent around them. Alex had the worst weapons in the history of the NFL possibly.

What's up with all the sarcastic posts?
5280High- Anderson and Maddox both had amazing talent around them. Alex had the worst weapons in the history of the NFL possibly.

You do understand that Braylon Edwards was Anderson's No. 1 receiver, right?
  • dj43
After having hit home run after home run in previous situations, the FO has flubbed his entire scenario like a bunch of amateurs. I guess they were due for a pop out.

Originally posted by aTx49er:
What's up with all the sarcastic posts?

I was thinking the same thing because I thought this guy wasn't a Smith supporter.
818, you forget that alex had awful talent around him.

This is the cold hard reality, Alex Smith is a Free Agent, he is free to sign with any team in the NFL right now. Several teams needed qb's, and teams will shuggle their qb depth chart if the right qb is available. It is a free market system, Peyton Manning and Mario Williams can attest to that fact.

The 3 year 24 million dollar contract is fair based on 1 touchdown a game average and for a game manager. The paradigm has changed, since teams like AZ have overpayed and the Bills overpayed. Why do you think Flynn only got the 3 year 24 million dollar deal. I personally would be more excited to have Flynn at Qb than AS in 2012 for the Niners, but that is water under the bride.
9erred, the smart 49er fans just happen to know more about QB play than the rest of these NFL teams. Obviously, the rest of the teams that need QB's are simply idiots, anyone with half a brain knows Alex Smith is a franchise QB.
are we being trolled here?
Originally posted by lamontb:
are we being trolled here?

you know it
Share 49ersWebzone