LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

What do the 49ers do with their remaining cap space?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Re-sign Chilo Rachal

You can't be serious!
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Re-sign Chilo Rachal

You can't be serious!

I really think that was a joke. Dear lord no more Chilo.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I used to like the Johnson idea but I'm not sure how good that would be for Kaep. Would take a bit out of his camp reps and all. I'm looking forward to seeing him in preseason.

If they re sign Alex, they should not sign Johnson. Kaepernick needs all 20-30%of the practice snaps that he can get. If Kaep is the third qb it will hinder his development. I am assuming Kaepernick is the future.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Re-sign Chilo Rachal

You can't be serious!

I really think that was a joke. Dear lord no more Chilo.
Yeah, no more Chilo.

I realy think we should re-sign Goldson and restructure/extend some contracts before they want too much (like Bowman). Locking up our core guys longterm is important.
RG
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
RG

id ratehr draft one
I would sign PR/RB Justin Forsett, DE Jamal Anderson, OG Mike Pollak and OLB Quentin Groves.
All four are young with some good playing experience and the 49ers could sign all of them for little less than 10M.
Grab 2 WRs, OG/C, FS and BPA in the draft and you will have a 49ers team that has a great chance to go back to the NFC Title game.
Soooooo....now that Alex is signed (duh), what's next?

If Goldson doesn't sign, I think we need to draft his replacement. He's such a little greedy b***h. I can't imagine they haven't offered at least 30mm for a deal.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 20, 2012 at 6:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

sign Schwartz.

sign Ginn.

if no Ginn, extend Goldson?
How much dough we got left doe?

Doe? But seriously let's blow up Kaeps twitter and motivate the heck out of him to come into TC and take that job!! If not I can take one more year of the smither. If performs as well as I predict considering the bullseye going to be on SF then there will be no more excuses next year.

Wheeeeew I thought I would never be saying let's see again.
  • Dapro
  • Veteran
Any good FA guard left? We still got at least 10 Mils to spend.
We draft dudes and we extend bowman.
Actually, Who is left from our own pool of FAs? We have an offer out for Ginn. I can only assume we'd like Reggie Smith back as a backup safety. Who else do we have that needs to be pegged down? Also, what about Ben Jarvis Green Ellis at RB. Dude NEVER fumbles and is good at getting tough yards.
[ Edited by VA49er on Mar 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

If Goldson doesn't sign, I think we need to draft his replacement. He's such a little greedy b***h. I can't imagine they haven't offered at least 30mm for a deal.

I don't think they've offered him anything yet. They were focused on PManning primarily. Guys who get franchised typically don't get deals done quickly, teams take a while to do them. I'd like to see them get a deal done for him pretty soon because we would have the cap space to sign another player or 2(because right now Goldson's base salary is 6 mill b/c franchise tag) but knowing how the FO(IM LOOKING AT YOU TRENT BAALKE) likes to hardball players they might not offer him anything at all and force him to play out the tag.
Share 49ersWebzone