There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

• buck
  • Veteran
I expect Kaepernick to be the starter in 2013.
oh all these dumbass 'aints fans drooling at facing a 2nd year QB after hearing the news of CK7 starting....haha i hope he lights them up, especially with his mobility against the aints worst-in-the-league run defense
Kaep is and will be the missing link! He adds more rushing yards to an already deadly attack. He is not afraid to throw it down field, and can throw on the run with the best of em'. Go ahead and get ready for New Orleans in Feb. boys! because we WILL be there!!

He's got this
Originally posted by zillabeast:

He's got this

Kaep better do better than Smith was doing both in terms of QB numbers and team wins along with winning us a Superbowl.
Originally posted by taney71:

He's got this

Kaep better do better than Smith was doing both in terms of QB numbers and team wins along with winning us a Superbowl.

So what you're saying is that you think that Alex Smith, and his tepid style of play was going to win the championship this year?
Originally posted by taney71:

He's got this

So what you're saying is that you think that Alex Smith, and his tepid style of play was going to win the championship this year?

So Zilla, what your saying is Last years NFCG against the Gmen, when we scored 2 quick TD's by VD to start the game that you didnt think we had a chance with Alex?

I understand the point your trying to make, but IMO i just don't feel like 1 great game deserves Kaep a crown. I too wanna win now! I just dont feel this is the time to make that change permanently. Afterall, it will only be Kaep 2nd start in the NFL, and he still has a ways to go. But if that's the decision Harbaugh has made, then im Down!
[ Edited by Bleed49ers4Life on Nov 22, 2012 at 7:09 AM ]
BAD WEEK TO JUDGE CK IMO

Short week, it's the Saints, they will blitz , oh yes. They will blitz.

Brees will test Carlos and Tarrell. We're playing @ NO . It's gong to be really tough for Colin, but if somehow he does pull this off...oh man.
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
So Zilla, what your saying is Last years NFCG against the Gmen, when we scored 2 quick TD's by VD to start the game that you didnt think we had a chance with Alex?

I understand the point your trying to make, but IMO i just don't feel like 1 great game deserves Kaep a crown. I too wanna win now! I just dont feel this is the time to make that change permanently. Afterall, it will only be Kaep 2nd start in the NFL, and he still has a ways to go. But if that's the decision Harbaugh has made, then im Down!

I can't tell you how stoked I was to see the early lead. I honestly felt like we were on our way to a rout. It was invigorating.

Then the game got tough, and I knew it was going to be rough going for a while, but I was hopeful. I knew that the fearless Alex we had seen against the Saints would show himself at the end of the game, finding ways to get it done once again. I waited for it...and waited....and waited.

Alex has never had much luck against top defenses in his career. Ever.

Now, I'm certainly not crowing Kaepernick. One great game deserves a second look though. If he does it again, he deserves more. This Saints game is not a must-win. Not by a longshot. They won't win their division, and we will, so home field head to head is not a concern.

So that's why Kaepernick deserves a chance to show what he has in his first road start, in a hostile environment, against a team that hates our guts, but also against a defense on pace to be the worst ever in the history of football. It's the perfect setup to give the car another spin, and see if we really like the feel.

If it doesn't work out, then Alex returns with the same chip on his shoulder he's always played with. The guy is a trooper, and this is nothing new to him. He's a man of integrity and will continue to perform his job to the very best of his abilities. His...limited abilities.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
BAD WEEK TO JUDGE CK IMO

Brees will test Carlos and Tarrell. We're playing @ NO . It's gong to be really tough for Colin, but if somehow he does pull this off...oh man.

Kaepexuses? J/K. Seriously, I going to love the double standards by the Smith haters moving forward.
I don't expect for the Saints to come up with some brilliant gameplan to stop Kaep, and I expect him to do fairly well.

But eventually someone will come up with said gameplan, I'm really interested to see how he reacts.

I can't tell you how stoked I was to see the early lead. I honestly felt like we were on our way to a rout. It was invigorating.

Then the game got tough, and I knew it was going to be rough going for a while, but I was hopeful. I knew that the fearless Alex we had seen against the Saints would show himself at the end of the game, finding ways to get it done once again. I waited for it...and waited....and waited.

Alex has never had much luck against top defenses in his career. Ever.

Now, I'm certainly not crowing Kaepernick. One great game deserves a second look though. If he does it again, he deserves more. This Saints game is not a must-win. Not by a longshot. They won't win their division, and we will, so home field head to head is not a concern.

So that's why Kaepernick deserves a chance to show what he has in his first road start, in a hostile environment, against a team that hates our guts, but also against a defense on pace to be the worst ever in the history of football. It's the perfect setup to give the car another spin, and see if we really like the feel.

If it doesn't work out, then Alex returns with the same chip on his shoulder he's always played with. The guy is a trooper, and this is nothing new to him. He's a man of integrity and will continue to perform his job to the very best of his abilities. His...limited abilities.
Good rebuttle Zilla, good job as always.

Im just hoping this transition has no hiccups, is all. We were in a 3 to 4 year window to win Superbowls with our Elite Defense in place. Last year we should have went all the way and won it all, so in reality we are now in year 2.

Hope Kaep continues to hit the ground running in official 2nd NFL start.
Good rebuttle Zilla, good job as always.

Im just hoping this transition has no hiccups, is all. We were in a 3 to 4 year window to win Superbowls with our Elite Defense in place. Last year we should have went all the way and won it all, so in reality we are now in year 2.

Hope Kaep continues to hit the ground running in official 2nd NFL start.

Thank you sir.

May we win gloriously.
BAD WEEK TO JUDGE CK IMO

I actually look at this in the complete opposite light as you. The Saints defense is terrible. They are the worst defense in terms of yards per game, and they are very close to the bottom in points per game. So, yes, I agree that this is a bad week to judge -- Colin could put up inflated numbers as a result of going up against a bad defense.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Nov 22, 2012 at 8:34 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:
BAD WEEK TO JUDGE CK IMO

I actually look at this in the complete opposite light as you. The Saints defense is terrible. They are the worst defense in terms of yards per game, and they are very close to the bottom in points per game. So, yes, I agree that this is a bad week to judge -- Colin could put up inflated numbers as a result of going up against a bad defense.
forget the numbers,,, we have to see how the kid does in a enviroment which is 100 per cent different than the comforts of home monday. the coaches need to see it and we need to see it. we really do