There are 147 users in the forums

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

Originally posted by KegBert:
*In Larry David voice* Pretttyyy, pretttyyy, prettyyy, pretty confident.

To all you fools saying he's only started 1 game. So what!! He's got to start somewhere. Ben Roethlisberger started because Maddox hurt.
Tom Brady started because Bledsoe got hurt. Philip Rivers started because Drew Brees got hurt and wasn't resigned. Remember Don Majkowski?
I do. He used to play for the Green Bay Packers then some dude named Brett Favre took over for him and began a hall of fame career. Get over it!
The Alex Smith Era is coming to an end and thank GOD because he is not good enough.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
To all you fools saying he's only started 1 game. So what!! He's got to start somewhere. Ben Roethlisberger started because Maddox hurt.
Tom Brady started because Bledsoe got hurt. Philip Rivers started because Drew Brees got hurt and wasn't resigned. Remember Don Majkowski?
I do. He used to play for the Green Bay Packers then some dude named Brett Favre took over for him and began a hall of fame career. Get over it!
The Alex Smith Era is coming to an end and thank GOD because he is not good enough.

BOO YAH!!!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I can honestly say I think Kaep has all the tools to be one of the elite QBs of this decade. Between the Oline in front of him, the coaching of Harbaugh and his own physical and mental gifts, sky is the limit. I just dont see any way this dude isn't successful. At the very least he'll be a top 10 QB with all the support he has. The only thing I need to see is if Kaep has the discipline to check it down when teams start taking away the deep ball?

So what you want is a top 10 QB not name Alex...... OK

Just joking dude, I could give a rats ass who's the QB as long as we're winning. Just thought that sentence was funny considering who's currently sitting in the top 10....
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by English:
He has started one NFL game. And that is my answer.
You mean, kinda like Matt Flynn?
and troy smith,, yes there are many examples of a mirage. i think the kids good play in the last two games has almost forced(wish i could find a better word) them to take another look at ck, but this time is a situation and place which is a thousand times different and tougher than what he has had in the last two games
Harder than coming in mid game unprepared? Harder than playing against the hottest defense in the NFL?

Granted it was the Rams and the Bears played a bit softer than usual but still. The Saints do not scare me and doubt their last in the league defense scares CKWon.

The Saints have played much better of late, winning 5 of the last 6 games, pulling themselves from the 0-4 hole. Winning in New Orleans won't be an easy task.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

BOO YAH!!!

Good points. Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn, Rob Johnson. Lets wait and see and let it play out. My 2 cents though, bad move mid season. Alex is playing good ball, has for the past year and one half. Why change now? Open up the QB competition at seasons end. Barring further injury or poor performance, Alex should remain the starter. And hats off to him for handling all this with pure class.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
So Zilla, what your saying is Last years NFCG against the Gmen, when we scored 2 quick TD's by VD to start the game that you didnt think we had a chance with Alex?

I understand the point your trying to make, but IMO i just don't feel like 1 great game deserves Kaep a crown. I too wanna win now! I just dont feel this is the time to make that change permanently. Afterall, it will only be Kaep 2nd start in the NFL, and he still has a ways to go. But if that's the decision Harbaugh has made, then im Down!

I can't tell you how stoked I was to see the early lead. I honestly felt like we were on our way to a rout. It was invigorating.

Then the game got tough, and I knew it was going to be rough going for a while, but I was hopeful. I knew that the fearless Alex we had seen against the Saints would show himself at the end of the game, finding ways to get it done once again. I waited for it...and waited....and waited.

Alex has never had much luck against top defenses in his career. Ever.

Now, I'm certainly not crowing Kaepernick. One great game deserves a second look though. If he does it again, he deserves more. This Saints game is not a must-win. Not by a longshot. They won't win their division, and we will, so home field head to head is not a concern.

So that's why Kaepernick deserves a chance to show what he has in his first road start, in a hostile environment, against a team that hates our guts, but also against a defense on pace to be the worst ever in the history of football. It's the perfect setup to give the car another spin, and see if we really like the feel.

If it doesn't work out, then Alex returns with the same chip on his shoulder he's always played with. The guy is a trooper, and this is nothing new to him. He's a man of integrity and will continue to perform his job to the very best of his abilities. His...limited abilities.

If the 49ers drop the game against the rising Saints, and the Seahawks win agains the sinking Dolphins, the 49ers would be at a disadvantage because the Seahawks have only two more road games against the Bears and the Bills. The 49ers will have three more, with at least two tough ones against the Patriots and the Seahawks.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dj43:
He has started one NFL game. And that is my answer.
You mean, kinda like Matt Flynn?
and troy smith,, yes there are many examples of a mirage. i think the kids good play in the last two games has almost forced(wish i could find a better word) them to take another look at ck, but this time is a situation and place which is a thousand times different and tougher than what he has had in the last two games
Harder than coming in mid game unprepared? Harder than playing against the hottest defense in the NFL?

Granted it was the Rams and the Bears played a bit softer than usual but still. The Saints do not scare me and doubt their last in the league defense scares CKWon.

The Saints have played much better of late, winning 5 of the last 6 games, pulling themselves from the 0-4 hole. Winning in New Orleans won't be an easy task.

They're a hot team. And not to take anything away from CK but the Bears are overrated. 7 wins against mediocre and poor teams - Jax, Det, Dallas, Car, Tenn, Stl and Indy. The Indy victory came in week 1 and I would put money that Luck and Co. could beat them now, even with Sour Puss Face Jay. And the 3 losses - Us, Hou and GB. If anything, it was great play calling and a collaborative effort Monday Night. The Saints D sux, but blitz like no other. Will be a good test for CK and our D.
If the 49ers drop the game against the rising Saints, and the Seahawks win agains the sinking Dolphins, the 49ers would be at a disadvantage because the Seahawks have only two more road games against the Bears and the Bills. The 49ers will have three more, with at least two tough ones against the Patriots and the Seahawks.

And those 2 are on the road. Sea, always tough to play at. And did u see NWE tonight? Wow.
Originally posted by UKNiners:

And those 2 are on the road. Sea, always tough to play at. And did u see NWE tonight? Wow.

I sure did! Against the same team that we beat 34-0 on that same field, no less!

Sorry you haven't been watching over the last two years. Meantime note, other posters are entitled to their opinions, calling them fools because you disagree with them is not acceptable.

Take a break.

Sorry you haven't been watching over the last two years. Meantime note, other posters are entitled to their opinions, calling them fools because you disagree with them is not acceptable.

Take a break.

I personally subscribe to the greater fool theory.
Pretty high after Monday,

That was the best defensive test all year and he got an A+ and then some .
For most young quarterbacks it's a tough situation to be in. Kaep has a number of things going for him, one, a superior OL that's getting better, two, a running attack second to none, three, arguably the best defense in football. His escape ability in the pocket and his running are assets. He has a gun and touch. I'd say for any QB that makes the job much easier. If I had to compare it to any other situation it would be Big Ben in his first two years in Pittsburgh.
Originally posted by UKNiners:

Yes. I think the 49ers may have a tough time in Boston. If Bradford gave the defense fits, what would Brady do to it?
Share 49ersWebzone